Status: Mutant and proud.

X-Men: New Wave

Introductions

"She thinks I'm a freak, doesn't she?" I asked Logan with a sigh. A silver haired girl who wasn't able to keep still came out of the room across from mine and looked shocked by me.

Logan shook his head. "I'll introduce you to some of the other mutants that aren't normal looking tomorrow." He opened the door for me. "You'll be staying in this room until we can find a roommate for you tomorrow. You'll also be meeting with the professor tomorrow."

I shook my head. "No! I don't do well with roommates. When I'm asleep I sometime warp the realities of the people around me." It can be dangerous for both of us, I learned from when my mom used to sleep in the same room as me.

He looked a little shocked before saying, "Well then I guess the girl you just saw is going to be your new neighbor. You two are the only students with only one bed in your rooms. You and her will also be training with me together." Great the girl who thinks I'm a cat is going to be the person I see the most.

I looked into my new room. "Oh wow," I said in awe. There was a huge bed in the middle of a room looked like it fit royalty. I can't wait to see what the rest of this mansion looks like in the light. I looked over at Logan who was smirking at my amazement. "Goodnight, Logan."

"Night, kid."

~

I woke up, startled, but then remembered where I was. I found a black dress to change into on my dresser. I would usually prefer something to cover my arms and legs, but there wasn't anything else in the room for my to wear, so I changed and cleaned myself up in the bathroom connected to my room.

I walked into the hallway and it seemed like no one else was up yet. I had a bad habit of staying up late and waking up early. I walked through the maze of hallways until I finally found the kitchen. I found Scott and a beautiful red head girl sitting at the table. "Hi, Scott," I said shyly.

Both of them looked up. "Hey, Pilar," he greeted me with a smile. "This is Jean Grey," He introduced me to the smiling red head.

I gave a small wave. "Hi Jean. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too, Pilar. Do you want any breakfast? You wake up early compared to all the other students here," she laughed. Jean seemed really nice and didn't seem freaked out by my arms and legs. Jean showed me where they kept everything in the kitchen and explained all the rules of cleaning up after yourself.

Jean and Scott left to prepare for their classes so I made myself a bagel and sat at the long table. I looked down the table and saw a boy and a girl. They were twins and both had brown hair. I knew them as Carter and Lily. I had seen them before. They always seemed to follow me and pop up when I was alone. Sometimes they talked, other times they screamed, but most of the time they just stared. I tried to tell my mom about them once, but she told me I was paranoid.

I heard someone walk through the doorway, and in that instant they were gone. Sneaky bastards. I turned around and saw a guy with pointed ears, just like mine, glowing yellow eyes, and covered in blue fur. "Oh, hello," he greeted me with a smile. I noticed he had pointed teeth and a thick German accent. "You must be one of the new students. I'm Kurt," he introduced himself. I noticed his jet black hair, but what I hadn't noticed before was his tail that ended with a spade. He almost looked like a blue devil. "Are you okay?"

I blushed deeply. I had been staring. "I'm sorry. I'm Pilar, but my mom used to call me Belie," I said quickly. I don't know why I told him what my mom used to call me, I hadn't really told anyone else.

"Well nice to meet you." He extend a three-fingered hand to me. I shook it with my hand decorated in green. Logan was right.

Once we stepped back from each other, I asked him, "Do you know where I can find the professor? I'm supposed to meet with him this morning." I looked up at him hopefully. I wasn't looking forward to find one room in the mess of halls.

"I'll take you there," Kurt offered. I nodded my head thankfully. He grabbed my hand, and before I could even blink, we were in front of a door that said Professor Xavier.

I gasped in shock of the sudden change of surrounding. "What the-? Wait was that you?" I turned to Kurt in alarm. He nodded his head with a small smirk on his lips. "You teleport? That's amazing," whispered. I noticed I was still holding his hand. I blushed once again, and let go.

I heard the door open behind me. Out came a bald man in a wheelchair with a kind face. "Pilar, I'm Charles Xavier, and I'm here to help you." His voice was like a thought in my head. "I'm a telepath, Pilar. Just like Kurt transports, and you bend reality, we're all mutants here. We're all your friends."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments make us happy. <3