Status: Mutant and proud.

X-Men: New Wave

Memories

After waking up under a tree I watched the sun rise and then listened to some music from my iPod. Finally I managed to move myself off the ground and find my room again. I remember being told about getting clothes, so a shopping trip. Shopping…Hmm, this could be fun I suppose.

“Oh great…” I muttered seeing Logan and another dude, at least there was the cat like person, “So what’s going on?”

“We’re going shopping. Where have you been?” Logan questioned, turning to me with an angry look plastered on his face.

“I was outside, sleeping.” I answered back plainly.

I didn't speak much, the other mutant was talking to the two guys, they seemed to like her. I was just a tag along. We drove to some mall, then the girl, I believe hearing her name was Pilar, went with the other guy, I heard Logan call him Scott. I looked around, there were a lot of shops.

“Is there a budget then?” I muttered, walking through the isles of clothes in some shop.

“I’ll tell you when you hit it.” he smiled, though it was obviously sarcastic.

“Ok, cool…” I trailed off, looking around.

I only needed three shops. Probably because I was used to having nothing, so being able to buy clothes in stores instead of at some back alley or stealing them alternatively. I guessed it would be a while before Pilar had finished doing whatever. So we sat on a bench in the middle of the mall and I managed to get WiFi. A message popped up from my ‘friend’, he was one of the guys that paid me to fight, I guessed he wouldn't be too happy with me disappearing. I decided to put it in my bag and people watch instead.

"So what's your history, another runner away spoilt rich kid wanting freedom?" Logan started, I decided I didn't want to hear the rest.

"No," I began, not looking at him, "Actually, I tried to keep my powers a secret because I thought I was a freak. I was doing well too, an average kid, my parents were dismissive, so all I had to do was make sure what I did wasn't direct. Then, I reached twelve and, it was a small slip up, but they drove me out. Tried to kill me, they thought I was possessed or something. I could only get back for a few things. Then it was off to London. I managed for six years before you got to me. Before that, the little life I had built in central London was crushed, a fucking fire too. I could have stopped it..." I stopped staring at my hands, "So, no, not some spoilt rich kid actually."

I got up, picked the bags up and walked off, I could find my own way back, it couldn't be that bad. I didn't bother telling him that I was walking to the...Academy? I think that's right...

Half way there it started raining...I had made it as far an empty road and was already lost. Just like walking around London in any month of the year, it always rained in England. I found a good tree and sat under it.

"What the fuck am I doing?" I whispered to myself, just as a car pulled up.

Out jumped Logan, he walked straight over and sat next to me.

"You planning on coming back any time soon?" he smiled, "You'll be late for training."

"Ok fine." I muttered standing up.

~

When we got there Pilar and Scott were already in the training outfits, I was given mine and told to change immediately by another red headed women. The suits weren't exactly comfortable and I would rather be wearing a pair of skinny jeans and a jumper. I wondered what the hell Pilar's power was. I already knew Logan had claws, but the other two I had no idea.

Before we went in I stood next to Pilar and said, "Your power better be useful, I don't want to be defending some one all the time. I'm not very good with teams." she didn't seem very happy by this remark.

On with training!
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked this new chapter ;D