Status: Mutant and proud.

X-Men: New Wave

Mutant Training

I felt my blood boil at what Riley just told me. Your power better be useful, I don't want to be defending some one all the time. I'm not very good with teams. She better know how to defend herself, I'm not going to be any help if she's not going to help me.

"The point of this training session is simple, don't get caught by me or Cyclops," Logan, also known as Wolverine instructed us. Apparently we had to call them by their alias when training. Scott's was Cyclops. "We'll give you a few seconds to run. Remember to work together. Go."

The metal walls of the training room turned into a forrest. It was so surreal. I could hear even the birds chirping. Is this what it's like to have you reality bent? "Run!" I realize Riley was screaming at me to move, she was a couple yard ahead of me. I turned around to see Wolverine and Cyclops start coming towards us. I started sprinting to catch up with Riley. We were both running pretty fast and putting some distance between out predators and ourselves.

I noticed she started using her powers to knock down the trees behind us so they would have to go around. Since I was still a few feet behind her, the roots she was raising to trip them, were starting to trip me. "Watch it!" I exclaimed while stumbling over the roots.

"Well keep up!" Riley hissed.

I tripped and landed on my knees. "Alright, forget you," I snapped. I stood up then turned to the left and started running. I saw Scott to my right. He smirked at me and sprinted in my direction. I warped his reality into thinking I ran back the way I came. After he passed me I started straight again.

After passing some huge rocks I ducked as a knife passed through the air above my head. I whipped my head in the direction of the knife's starting point. Carter and Lily were standing by a cave with smirks on their faces and knives in their hands. "Why the hell do you keep following me?" I yelled at them. I don't think this is part of the simulation, Logan didn't say anything about other people being here.

Another knife left Lily's hand coming straight towards my stomach. I quickly threw myself to the side. I tried to grip onto their realities so I could bend them. I heard three screams in the distance. Lily and Carter were unharmed at my attempts to put them through their worst nightmares. "What the--" I was cut off as yet another knife was coming straight towards me. Logan also didn't say anything about being killed today.

I started running back over the rocks. Carter and Lily following, but not running. They almost looked like they were floating. The screams had stopped. I glanced back at the tops of the rocks to see if the twins had caught up to me, but they hadn't. Turning around, I screamed when I saw Carter grinning at me with a knife to my neck.

I heard a growl from the right and before I knew it, Wolverine was on top of me and we were on the ground. Claws on either side of my head with the sharp tips in the dirt, he demanded, "What the fuck are you doing, kid?" I could feel myself shaking. His face softened a bit and his claws retracted into his fists. "What happened?"

I looked at him surprised. "Didn't you see them? They were trying to kill me!"

"Who is they? No one was trying to kill you, Pilar," Logan assured me.

"Carter and Lily! They won't leave me alone! They keep following me. I can't get rid of them. Carter was holding a knife to my neck before you took me down. How did you miss it?" I babbled to him in hysteria. How didn't he see them?

"Come on, let's take you to Charles," Logan said softly as he helped me up. I nodded and could feel warm tears run down my face. I looked down at my feet as Logan led me to the door.

"What's going on?" I heard Scott ask, coming towards us.

I saw the floor turning back to silver. "Hey!" I looked up and saw Riley coming towards me. Damn she's going to be pissed at me for leaving her. "What the fuck?" she stormed. She put her hands on my chest and shoved me backwards. Logan grabbed her arms. "Let go!" She tried to rip herself free. She finally stopped struggling and just glared at me. "It was you. You tried to set me on fire! You tried to set the whole goddamn forrest on fire!" I look at her confused. Fire? I didn't even see any fire.

I realized I warped my teammate's reality, also Scott's and Logan's realities instead of the twin's. That explains the screaming. I looked up at Logan. "I don't think I belong here. I think I need to go home."

Logan let go of Riley, but I'm guessing not willingly by the expression on his face. "I think that's a good idea. Go home and stop torturing us," Riley hissed in my face before storming out of the danger room, Logan following closely behind.

I could feel my hands start shaking again. Scott put a hand on my back and steered me towards the door. "Come on, let's get you to the professor," he said gently.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to, I s--"

Scott cut me off. "I know you didn't mean to, it's fine." He gave me a reassuring smile as we were going up the elevator.

I looked down to my shaking hands to avoid eye contact. We walked through the hallways, Scott always steering me in the right direction. I noticed a spaded tail in my view and looked up to see Kurt. He smiled at me, but then must have noticed something was wrong because it turned into a small frown and his tail stopped swishing. He opened his mouth like he was going to say something, but I was pushed away by Scott before he spoke anything. I probably should have said bye or something.

"Come in, Pilar. I opened the door to the professor's office. "Please, have a seat," he said smiling. I sat in one of the two chairs in front of his desk.

"I want to go home," I stated to the professor, trying to make this an emotionless process.

"What happened to make you wish to leave?" The professor asked, no trace of offense in his voice. I parted my lips to start explaining, but I didn't know exactly what happened about Carter and Lily. Logan said he didn't see them, but that doesn't mean they weren't there, right? Would you like me to just look through your mind instead? I nodded at the professor. Very well. I closed my eyes and just let him look.

I saw Carter and Lily trying to kill me again and gasped. I quickly opened my eyes. "I told them they were there, but they didn't believe me."

"Pilar, I'm afraid I'm not sure what is going on. It's clear from your memory that Carter and Lily were there, but it is also clear from Logan's mind that they weren't. I...I just don't know what to tell you," the professor looked bewildered. "But please think about staying. Jean can help you control your powers, you know?"

How could even the professor not know what happened? "I think I need to go home, but thank you."

"Please at least stay for the night and think about it," the professor insisted.

I didn't have anyway back home, so I should probably wait until the morning to figure things out. I nodded in agreement and left his office. I started walking down hallways to find my room. All I wanted was to clear my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
I realized this is a looong chapter...
Let us know what you think! Comments are lovely <3