Status: Mutant and proud.

X-Men: New Wave

Poker

I waited outside my room. After thinking about today I thought it best to be friends with this girl, she did have the power to mess with minds and another friend couldn’t hurt…
“Hey!” I called over to Pilar, “Look, I’m sorry about earlier, I probably should have been a little less…Well…Back home we always used to make up by going to a bar and playing poker. Since there’s no bar in this place, wanna play poker? I’ll teach you.”

She looked at me unsure at first but just nodded her head, “Ok, but only for an hour…”

“My room or yours?” I asked, “I think I have cards in my back pack.”

“Ok, you’re not planning to torture me are you?” she asked, obviously she didn’t no me at all.

“Nope…Anyway, lets play?” I opened my door and walked in, not surprised when she followed me in.

I didn’t speak much, she kind of got the hang of it through the first game with asking basic questions which resulted in ‘Yes’ or ‘No’. So I’m not entirely sure what she was thinking. Time passed pretty quickly and it had already been an hour. Therefore, it was dinner time, again I wasn’t very hungry. I hadn’t eaten very well for a while.

“You not coming?” Pilar asked walking down the hall.

“Maybe, I’m not too sure. Besides I doubt anyone would want to sit with me.” I gave a weak smile and walked back into my room.

I wasn’t hungry at all. Especially after the fake forest fire, the screams and their faces again…I don’t think I could stomach anything they put in front of me, even if it was pizza or bacon. I just wasn’t up for anything. I wish that girls power was useless, like being able to shimmer or turn into a tree. It would have been much better than whatever that was…
Then there was a knock on the door to break me from my thoughts. I walked over and took a breath before opening it. It was Pilar, in her hand was a Pizza box, suddenly I wasn’t so put off by the idea of food.

“I though we could play more poker and eat some pizza?” she asked me in a hopeful tone.

“Ok, but you’re not leaving until that Pizza is gone.” I shook my finger at her to compliment my words, “Come on then.”

She smiled and sat across from me on the floor, placing the pizza in the gap between us. After a few slices of pizza and card games I had mustered up the courage to talk to her.

“So seen any good looking boys in the school?” I asked examining my cards, over the top of my cards I could see that she was shocked at my questions, “Let me guess, not many people thought you were normal enough to be friends with you?”

She nodded and smiled a bit, possibly relief, as I had just broken what seemed to be a long silence.
“What about my former question?” I smiled at her as I picked up a fourth slice of pizza.

“Well…you first.” she smiled.

“Hmm, there is a guy who can make ice. Ice Guy.” I winked, “What about you then?”

“There’s this German, Kurt. His kind of cute.” she smiled.

“Cool, do you have an alias yet? Or do you just go by Pilar?” I asked, again examining my cards, “I got branded with the name ‘The Manipulator’, like seriously they couldn’t think of anything better?”

“Oh, no I don’t really have anything…Well Belie could be one.” she considered and picked up a slice of pizza.

“You should have a cooler name, something related to cats or green…Yeah…” I drifted off, then went back to my cards.

I kept throwing questions out and she was a little slow at answering but by the end of the pizza she was smiling more than before. It took an hour and a half to devour between all the talking. When she left I got bored quickly so made an outline of a house with the cards then made them dance like in ‘Alice In Wonderland’. I got tired around ten and decided to try sleeping in my bed for a change.

~

I woke up, feeling constricted and way too hot. it was only four in the morning...I decided walking around outside would be fun.

The air was cool and the sky was slowly becoming brighter, I had changed into a new pair of skinny jeans and a grey Tee, I was just putting my hat on when I saw a figure in the distance. He was walking closer, I guessed whoever it was would be friendly because this place seemed to be full of those types of people. As I got closer I realised that it was Bobby, or Ice Guy (as I had titled him).

"Hey, you're up early." I smiled as I stopped and waited for him to come closer.

"You too, I heard your first training exercise didn't go well." he smiled back and stopped in-front of me.

"Yeah, fire and things, I much prefer ice." I winked, watching as his smile grew, "So..."

"Yeah, I've got to go, I'm meeting up with a few people, some outing." he smiled and waved, "See you later."

"Bye." I continued to smile until he was out of sight.

It was nice of him to invite me I thought. I walked to a bench under a tree and observed the scenery while thinking about my chances with the Ice boy. Probably zero, I bet he's got a girlfriend, if not he's probably gay... I had a sudden change in my thoughts, I miss playing Poker, playing poker for money. I could use some extra money right about now...
That's when I realised that if I could get someone to take me out of here for the night I could escape and play some proper poker. Or persuade Pilar to warp some peoples minds and get us out of here...Hmm, the latter seems more likely...
♠ ♠ ♠
This was one long chapter...

Outfit - www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=58236674