Status: Mutant and proud.

X-Men: New Wave

Terrible Twins

"Now you two have yet to introduce yourselves. Care to do so?" Gambit asked us. He was a handsomely tall man with a Yat accent and intense black and pink eyes. I could tell Riley was attracted to both the man and the place he had taken us. The room seemed fit for royalty.

"I'm Riley and this is Pilar." she introduced us and I gave him a small wave. I started tuning them out when Gambit and Riley started flirting with each other and having a conversation of their own.

I walked over to the bar and had a seat on one of the stools. I waved down a bartender and asked for a Sazarac. He looked at me skeptically and demanded, "ID, please."

I grabbed a card out of my purse and warped his reality into seeing my driver's license with the age 21. I had gotten really good at the trick for when my mom forced me to buy her booze. "Here." I pushed the card into his view and smiled. He came back a minute later with my drink.

I turned in my seat and looked around the bar. I saw Riley and Gambit charming each other, Riley practically on his lap. I look at all the other people in the bar, all different shapes, colors, and sizes. It was weird being at a bar that actually accepted and even preferred mutants. I would have never imagined it before tonight.

I was suddenly distracted from the mutant decorated scene in front of me when I heard faint laughter coming through the doorway next to the bar. Lily was standing there grinning at me then ran back the way we came in.

"Hey!" I called out to her, but the music was more than likely drowning out any noise more than 3 feet away. I hopped of my stool and ran after her, leaving my drink behind. I tried to grab onto her reality, but I couldn't quite find it. I knew Carter wouldn't be far away. I probably should have told Riley before I left, but she'll be fine with Gambit.

"Hey watch it!" someone scolded me when I accidentally bumped into them. I didn't apologize as I saw Carter and Lily sitting at one of the poker tables in a completely empty room. I ran in and shut the door.

"What the hell do you want from me?" I screamed at them. They just started laughing with malice again. I felt myself start shaking with anger and fear. I started grabbing onto realities and turning them into nightmares, not even sure if they were the twins' realities. I heard screams through out the building and looked at the twins. Carter smiled and Lily started coming towards me. I tried harder to grab onto their realities and bend them in the worst ways possible, but Lily lunged at me. I fell to the ground and passed out.

~~

"Pilar?" I faintly heard Riley call my name.

"She's in here, cheré," I heard Gambit call to Riley from near me. I felt someone check for my pulse. I found the strength to open my eyes. Black eyes with pink pupils were staring back at me. "Oh good, you're alright, yes?" Gambit asked me with a smile.

I sat up slowly as Riley came rushing into the room. "You did it again! It's been 30 minutes since you must have passed out. We've been looking for you after everyone in the club rushed out thinking something terrible was happening. Pilar, do you remember what happened?"

I shook my head and replied, "The last thing I remember is seeing Lily from the bar. What terrible thing was happening?"

"Nothing was actually happening, you just bent the realities of everyone in the building. You-" she was cut off by Gambit.

"That was you?" He looked at me with a slight horror in his odd eyes.

"Oh god," I put my head in my hands. "I'm so sorry."

"Riley! Pilar!" Logan came around the corner and saw us. "What happened? How did you guys get here?" He looked angry, concerned, and shocked.

"How did you find us?" Riley asked in surprise. Gambit waved at Logan with a small smirk. They must know each other.

"Cerebro lead us here," Professor X came into the room. "Pilar your ability was so powerful, I've only seen something like that once before."

I wasn't comprehending half of what anyone was saying. All I could think about was I hurt more people and I didn't understand what was going on with Carter and Lily.

<i>I think I may finally understand what is going on with your terrible twins, Pilar. We will talk about it once we get back to the institute,</i> The professor's voice was telling me in my head.

I nodded slowly and Logan helped me up. I stumbled a bit from being light headed so Logan supported me by putting his arm around my back. "Thanks," I said softly.

"Oh don't thank me, you two are still in trouble. What the hell were you thinking? Sneaking out of the school grounds and gambling, of all things," Logan shook his head.

"Give the girls a break, Logan. They were just having some fun. We know that's hard to do at your little Institute for Gifted Youngsters," Gambit jabbed at Logan, seeming to mostly be joking.

"Nice to see you, Remy," Professor X said to Gambit. "But we really must be going now."

Logan started to lead me out of the room and I saw Gambit whisper something to Riley before she followed. "I'm sorry," I whispered to no one in particular, but everyone I had hurt and disappointed.

"It'll be okay, kid," I could feel Logan's voice rumble through his body.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for not writing for a while. hope you guys still like the story c: