The Bully's Sister

Hogwarts

This was it . Today she would be going to Hogwarts . She had waited twelve years for this moment and yet she was nervous . She brushed it off , it was probably because she was starting her second year and didn't know anybody. She bounded out of bed and prepared herself for breakfast . She went down the marble staircase to the dining room where her family where eating. "Good morning" she said as she sat down to her pancakes and fruit "Morning darling" her mother said "Are you ready for school ?"

"yes everythings packed" she replied. The truth was she wasn't ready , she wasn't prepared for the questions, the looks and expectations that came with having Malfoy as your surname. The rest of the family ate their breakfast in silence. The only sound was the turning of a page of Lucius's daily prophet . Jane ran up the stairs and brushed her teeth after finishing her breakfast and then collected her suitcase and dragged it down the stairs.

She meet her family in the main hallway "Jane why are you carrying your suitcase , you should have got the house elves to carry it" her father scolded

"I am perfectly capable of doing it myself father" she answered back, Lucius was about to say something back when Narcissa gently put her hand on his chest signalling him to just drop it. The family then made their way to the station. Draco and Jane both ran through the barrier trying to push each other out of the way. They put their suitcases and owl cages in the train and then returned to the parents. There was an awkward moment before anyone said anything , "Well bye mum and dad i'll see you at Christmas" Draco said

"Yes have a good term darling and look after Jane"Narcissa said and attempted to kiss his forehead but he protested " Mum stop it , i'm not a child any more". Narcissa looked a little hurt but understood his reasons why. She then moved to her daughter and gave her a tight squeeze as if she thought she would never return. She kissed her head and said "Now don't be nervous ,you'll do great , write to us every week and go and see you brother whenever you're worried or scared, i love you "

"I love you too and i'll be fine" she hugged her mother back .Jane then turned to her father " Have a good term , i'm sure you'll do the family name proud and remember you are a Malfoy and don't go making friends with mud bloods or blood traitors"

"Good bye father" she said with little emotion, happy to get away from the man who had prevented her from going to Hogwarts last year.

"Come on Jane we need to go" Draco said , tugging at Jane's dress .

"Bye" she waved to her mother as she and Draco approached the bright Hogwarts Express. They stepped on board " Wait where's Blaise?"

"i don't kn-, ahh speak of the devil" he replied back as a tall boy with chocolate eyes approached them . Blaise smiled at her and hugged her, breathing in the smell of her hair. It was intoxicating to him and he was worried that he would soon become addicted to her. " Ready for today?"he asked as they walked down the carriage "Ready as I'll ever be," Blaise chuckled at this

"You'll be fine and if anyone gives you any trouble come and tell me yeah?"

"OK , but seriously you don't need to worry." They soon reached a compartment but they were not alone , there were two boys that reminded Jane of toads, she then remembered that these people where Crabbe and Goyle, she had no idea why Draco associated himself with these people. In her opinion they were worse than mud bloods; they were stupid , ugly and bully's. In the corner was a girl with hair as dark as coal and a face as ugly as a pig, who became very excited when Draco entered the compartment "Draco, Draco" she squealed " How was your holiday? Did you get my letters?" Jane raised her eyebrows at Blaise and he sniggered. "Jane this Pansy Parkinson" Draco introduced the pig girl "Hi" she said trying not to make conversation with the girl

"Are you excited for Hogwarts ? You're really pretty, i bet your really smart as well, i love your shoes and bag " she said as if these things would impress Draco

"Thank you" she merely muttered back, turning to Blaise " How was the rest of your holiday?"

"Fine" he said looking down

"Oh i'm so sorry , I forgot about the wedding "

"Don't worry , it was average , I got to go around Paris on my own and may have picked something up for someone very special"

"Oh did you and who is this special person?" but before she could reply Draco interrupted them

"I think i'm going for a little walk ,Crabbe ,Goyle" he motioned for them to follow and they did obediently . Pansy then got up obviously not wanting to be without Draco.

"Thank god" Jane said as pansy shut the door behind her "Is she always that giggly?"

"Oh no it gets worse"

"Where did they go any way ?"

"Knowing Draco, going to annoy Potter and his friends "

"Does he do that a lot?"

"Yes i swear it's his hobby", Jane looked upset at that

"I'm sorry I'm guessing that's not what you wanted to hear?" Blaise asked

"No, is Draco different to how he is at home at Hogwarts? and please just tell me the truth"

"Truthfully , Draco is seen as the school bully"

"Oh , well i guess that dosen't give me much help", she looked down

"hey, hey don't worry about Draco , you know who the real Draco is , all that matters today is you " he said while hugging Jane.

"Thank you , now about that special present ?"

"Ah you mean this one" he said while pulling out a small box from his jacket and handed it to Jane "Happy first day at Hogwarts" Jane laughed and then opened the box. She gasped , before her was a vintage emerald neck lace " Thank you so much Blaise " she exclaimed and hugged him.

"It's OK , I'm glad you like it, turn around i'll put it on you," he placed the necklace on her . They spent most of the journey laughing and talking with each other. Blaise had just tried a vomit Bertie Bott's Every flavour Bean and was almost being sick when the train came to an abrupt halt. It then went dark and cold.

"Blaise what's going on?" Jane said nervously

"I don't know " he said , Jane slipped her hand into his, scared of what was lurking outside. Then suddenly a bony hand opened the door slowly and a dementor entered the compartment. Most people would usually be scared but for some reason Jane felt no fear , no sadness around the dementor . The heart less creature then left the compartment leaving the two occupants in a state of silence. They didn't say anything until the lights flashed on and the train began to move again.

"Are you alright?" Blaise asked

"Yeah i'm fine, it's weird they don't affect me like everybody else"

"Well then you're lucky"

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah , I've never had any real sadness to make me be affected by them." Draco and his followers soon returned "Are you okay Jane?" Draco ask concerned

"Yeah i'm fine"

"We'll be at Hogwarts soon you better go and put on your robes"

"Ok"Jane took her bag and located the toilets and changed into her Hogwarts robes. It felt odd but right at the same time. She left the toilets and returned to her compartment. The train came to a stop and the 6 of them exited the train.

"FIRST YEARS OVER HERE ,FIRST YEARS OVER HERE, " Jane could hear in the distance

"Draco where do i go?" Jane asked worriedly

"Go over to the oaf i told you about"

"Is he the one shouting?"

"Yes ,now good luck in the sorting, not that you'll need it" he said and then left with his followers. Jane looked at Blaise for comfort, he opened his arms and she eagerly hugged him back

"Hey now there is nothing to worry about, Draco and I will be there , I've got to go but I'll see you in there OK " he said and kissed her forehead and then left her alone.

She did what Draco had told her and went over to the giant man and said " Hello this is my first year at Hogwarts but i'm going into my second year so do I come with you ?"

"Ah you'll be Jane Malfoy"

"Yes"

"Then follow me" , he led her and the other students to a small cluster of boats and the children soon piled up into the them . They then set off. It was obvious who the muggle borns where as they were in surprise of the way the boat moved with magic. There was then a collection of oohs and ahhs as they the boats turned to face the giant Hogwarts castle. Jane was silent , it was so beautiful, she wanted to remember everything about this moment.

They then reached the castle and walked up a flight of stairs to be met by a stern yet motherly looking woman, who greeted them with "Welcome to Hogwarts, now in a minute the sorting ceremony will begin, you will be sorted into one of the four houses ; Gryffindor,Slytherin, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff, now Jane you will be sorted first as you will be going into your second year, now come along they are all waiting." They all followed Professor McGonagall into the great hall. Jane was overwhelmed with how amazing and grand the hall was, she turned and saw the house tables. She searched for the people she desired most and found them but not sitting together like she had expected. Draco was surrounded with his gang and Blaise was sitting with a girl with light brown hair . She thought it very odd , she knew they had other friends but she still thought that Draco wouldn't just ignore Blaise. She felt a pang of jealousy as she saw Blaise whispering to the girl. They reached the teacher's table and were greeted by Professor Dumbledore . Then professor McGonagall called out 'Malfoy,Jane', Jane nervously approached the hat and sat on the stall , the hat was placed on her head . She heard a voice say "Ah another Malfoy, hmm not a usual Malfoy though, you care for others and do not care for blood status , curious, a temper , yes but a fierce protective instinct , I know exactly where to put you

GRYFFINDOR!"