The Bully's Sister

Friends

When Jane woke up the next morning to find her room almost empty , a red headed girl was putting on a necklace . Jane remember her father once saying something about red headed traitors and the name Weasley was mentioned so Jane decided to see she was a Weasley . “Excuse me are you a Weasley ?”
“Yeah what about it?” the girl said and left the room quicker than Jane could blink an eyelash. This was going to be harder than Jane thought. She got up and got ready for the day and made her way down to breakfast. She sat at the end of the table, not wanting to disturb any one else’s conversations, she didn’t eat much again , she looked over to the slytherin table to see her brother surrounded by his followers and doing an impression of a swooning fit , she shook her head he really was awful sometimes. Blaise was sitting with brunette girl again, she wanted to go over and join them , but she didn’t know how well the rest of slytherin would take that and she hadn’t spoke to Blaise since getting off the train.

Professor McGonagall was going along the table handing out time tables , she smiled at Jane as she handed Jane her copy . Jane finished her pumpkin juice and made her way up to Gryffindor tower to get her bag and then she headed off to her first class. She found that during her first week she was often sitting alone in her classes, Jane tried to convince herself that this would be good so she could concentrate on her subjects and be the best at every one of them . And she was , for majority of them, she would always have her hand up , always finished her work before everyone else and it was perfect every time. She was a favourite with most teachers , Snape favoured her over most of his students as she was excellent at potions and he was a friend of her father and he was a regular visitor at the manor. Draco spoke to her almost everyday asking if she was ok and every time she answered with the same answer ‘I’m fine’, which in a way she was , she wasn’t happy but she was doing well in school which brightened up her day a bit.

Nothing overly interesting occurred to Jane until about her second week at school. She was just finishing her transfiguration homework under a tree near the lake when she heard someone running up to her , she looked up to see the one person she had wanted to see but who had ignored her the entire she had been at Hogwarts “Hi Blaise” she said to him
“hey , um you better come quick Draco’s been hurt” the minute he finished his sentence Jane ran to the hospital wing , with Blaise hot on her heels. She reached the hospital and saw a group of people surrounding a bed there was no one else there so she assumed Draco was in that one. She ran over to be meet by toad faced girl “You can’t see him”
“I can do whatever I want now MOVE !!!” , Pansy didn’t budge so Jane just pushed through the crowd. On the bed was Draco his robe on one side was slashed a bit “What happened?” Jane asked, Draco was whimpering “Oh for god’s sake Draco stop being such a baby and tell me what happened” Jane was getting annoyed at this point, “It killed me , it killed me”
“What ever it is it didn’t kill you , you don’t even look like you have anything wrong with you”
“The Hippogriff it attacked me” but before he could continue Madame Pomfrey came up to Draco’s bed “right, everybody out I need to tend to his wounds” Draco’s followers soon trudged off but Parkinson wasn’t going anywhere , Jane decided that she wanted to annoy Pansy even more so she asked in her sweetest voice “Madame Pomfrey would it be okay if I stayed he is my brother and I am very worried about him”
“Of course, now Miss Parkinson you must go” she said ushering Pansy out of the hospital wing Jane stuck her tongue out at Pansy before turning back to Draco. He looked perfectly fine to Jane she just wanted to check with Madame Pomfrey if it was anything serious “oh no he’s perfectly fine , he’ll be mended and up on his feet in two days” she answered back and then left to her office. “I saw what you did to Pansy”
“Well she annoys me”
“Are you sure you were put in the right house?” he joked
“yes, now does your arm hurt?”
“A bit”
“you’re not going to make a fuss are you ?”
“Whatever do you mean dear sister?” he said sarcastically
“Draco please don’t the minute you tell father he’ll make it into something and end up getting the poor man fired”
“Well what’s wrong with getting the old oaf of the grounds he’s a rubbish teacher”
“As if you would know all you do in lessons is talk, make fun of Harry and snog Parkinson”
“Yeah well, how did you know where I was?”
“Blaise found me”
“Oh”
“he hasn’t spoken to me since we arrived” she said looking down , Draco placed a his hand on hers and said sincerely “I’m sure he’s got a valid reason , why don’t you go and find him and ask why I don’t know why he wouldn’t want to talk to you”
“ok I love you and I’m glad you’re recovering from your life threatening injury” she said sarcastically
“love you too” he shouted as she left.
Jane decided that she would speak to Blaise after dinner. She finished her pasta and then waited until Blaise got up from the Slytherin table. She didn’t have to wait long and she got up at the exact same time and ran up to him in the entrance hall “Blaise hi”
“Hi Jane, how are you?” he asked
“Fine I was wondering whether I could have a word”
“Yeah sure I’ll see you in a minute Daphne,” Jane was so absorbed in Blaise that she didn’t even see the brunette girl standing next to Blaise
“Um Blaise aren’t you going to introduce us ?” she said gesturing to the girl
“Oh sorry Jane this Daphne one of my very good friends , Daphne this is Jane one of my favourite people in the whole world,” the girls both said hi and Jane was surprised that she didn’t get any glares from the slytherin girl “well I better go , nice meeting you Jane” Daphne said and then went down the corridor leaving the two alone. “ Shall we go outside?” Blaise suggested , Jane nodded and they made their way outside “she’s nice”
“yeah she is , she’s a good friend, so what did you want to talk about?”
“I just wanted to know why you haven’t talked to me since we got here” Jane said angrily
“I don’t know I’ve been busy”
“too busy to say hi to one of your favourite people in the whole world”
“yes, I’m sorry”
“You didn’t even come and see me after the sorting ,you knew how nervous I was and how upset I would have been when I got sorted into Gryffindor”
“You had Draco”
“Are you embarrassed by me?”
“No how can you think that?”
“BECAUSE you’ve IGNORED me ever since I’ve been sorted into Gryffindor”
“I haven’t been ignoring you , I do have other friends you know”
“Do you know that for the past two weeks the only person that has spoken to me is my brother and that’s only to check up on me for 5 minutes, I have been so alone and you don’t even care”
“I do care”
“No you don’t otherwise you would have been there for me” Jane shouted and then took off the necklace he gave her on the train and chucked it at him “I HATE you” she shouted and then ran back into the castle leaving a stunned Blaise feeling awful.

The leaves on the trees soon began to turn orange . The rain started to become heavier and it became colder and colder each day . It was soon 31st October and that meant a Hogsmeade visit for all 3rd years and above . Draco came to see Jane that morning and asked her if she wanted anything she asked for a few sweets from Honey Dukes . She decided that after she had finished her breakfast she would go on a walk as it would probably the last day she could as the weather was becoming so foul and she had finished all her homework the evening before. She headed out at about 11 o’clock , she crossed the bridge and went down the hill until she was the other side off the lake . She liked walking she could clear her head , she thought about how she spoke to Blaise she realised it wasn’t right what she had said to him , but he hurt her and ignored her when she need him most. She sat down near the water’s edge , about 10 minutes later she heard foot steps , someone sat down next to her . She waited a few minutes before turning her head and saw a boy who looked a bit older than her , he had jet black messy hair , glasses and a scar on his forehead . Harry Potter. “You’re Harry Potter”
“Yeah and you’re Malfoy’s sister , I’m sorry I don’t know your name”
“It’s Jane , why aren’t you at Hogsmeade?”
“My uncle didn’t sign the permission slip, why are you out here?”
“I like walking and to think, why are you out here and more importantly why are you talking to me everyone hates me?”
“I liking walking as well and I’ve seen you a couple of times on your own and I thought you would need some company”
“Oh well thank you I think”
“Do you like being at Hogwarts?”
“I thought I would, I was so excited and then when I got here I’ve been more alone than ever and yet it feels like home”
“It must be hard being the only gryffindor in your family”
“Yes and no , I mean my father nearly killed me for it and no one trusts me and I haven’t made any friends because of it but then again I’m not the same as the rest of my family anyway”
“I’ll be your friend , I’ll trust you”
“Really you want to be a Malfoy’s friend?”
“Well you’re not the same as your family are you?” he quoted what she had just said, she laughed for the first time in two months, “ok then let’s be friends.” They spent the rest of the day talking about anything and everything and then Jane remembered something “You set Dobby free”
“the house elf?”
“yes , he was ours but I gather you already knew that”
“Yes I thought I was doing him a favour , the way your father treated him wasn’t right”
“I know , but my father never treats anything right, I miss Dobby a lot , he was a good friend”
“He was bonkers”
“Yes he was , he told me you know about the chamber of secrets”
“Did you tell anyone else?”
“No , I encouraged him to stop you from being in Hogwarts”
“Wouldn’t expected a Malfoy to do that, if you don’t mind me asking why were you not here last year?”
“In the summer before I was due to start Hogwarts I was having a fight with my dad and I touched a plant in his office that nearly killed me and wiped all my magic , I only got my magic back in spring but it came back twice as powerful , we should go it’s getting dark” Jane answered , they got up and walked back up to the castle . Harry went to walk to Ron and Hermione but stopped when he realised Jane wasn’t following him , he turned around and said to her “why aren’t you coming?”
“They won’t want to sit with me”
“yes they will now come with me” he said and dragged her to the table “Hey is it ok if Jane sits with us ?” he asked , Hermione nodded , but Ron looked weary Hermione kicked him under the table and he nodded. Jane sat down next to Harry , it was the Halloween feast and the food was splendid as usual Jane talked to Hermione most of the time and they found that they liked the same subjects and had lots to talk about . Harry introduced her to Fred and George who she talked with about the many jokes she had played on Draco over the years which they found very amusing , she also told them about her recent encounter with Pansy who they shared a mutual hate over. She stayed with twins throughout dinner and when they went upstairs they went either side of her almost acting as her protectors. They then reached the portrait to discover along with everyone else that Sirius Black had broken into the castle , Jane decided it probably wasn’t best to mention she was related to the mass murderer as she had only just made friends. Everyone made their way down to the great hall where Professor Dumbledore instructed them that they would be sleeping there that evening while the castle was being searched , Draco came over to Jane and the twins “What are you doing with them ?”
“They are my friends is that a problem?” Reluctantly Draco said back “no , here are your sweets from Honey Dukes , are you okay?”
“I’m great , good night” She said and then took a sleeping bag and put in between Fred and George’s and fell fast asleep . For the first time in her life she had friends beside Draco and Blaise and felt safe with Fred and George sleeping by her side.