The Bully's Sister

It feels right

Jane’s next couple of weeks were far more enjoyable than the one’s at beginning of the term. She had become very good friends with Harry and often spent many hours talking to him about quiditch, she got on well with Hermione even though they were very different in character. Jane even managed to get on well with Ron despite their family’s background, speaking of Ron’s family she couldn’t be closer to Fred and George if she tried, they loved her like a little sister and she felt safe around them and they always managed to have a laugh. She also became close with Dean much to her brother’s displeasure , she was friends with everyone and was soon becoming more known than her brother , she was one of the most popular girls in the school despite being in her second year. Everyone adored her she was smart, beautiful , kind and completely different to the rest of family ; she was perfect. However there was one person she had yet to become friends with and she thought she better ask Fred what to do about it . She made her way down to breakfast, her long blonde hair swishing behind her, her small heels clicking along the stone floor . She approached the gryffindor table and took a place beside Fred who greeted her with “Well if isn’t the beautiful Miss Malfoy how are you this morning ?”
“fine , are you eating this toast ?” She said taking the toast off his plate and eating it
“yes I am , you know you can’t just steal people’s food”
“of course I can you wouldn’t want me wasting away would you Freddie?” she asked using her pet name for him
“and I told you to stop calling me that”
“you love it really”
“What does he love?” asked Ron as he sat down with Hermione and Harry
“Me calling him Freddie” she said kissing Fred’s cheek
“And I’ve been put of my breakfast”
“Oh shut up you’re just jealous of our relationship” she teased him , she could never have a relationship with Fred it would be too weird he was like a big brother to her.
“Any way why are you just fine this morning?” Fred asked her
“You’re sister still doesn’t like” she said miserably leaning on his shoulder
“I’m sure she does she just hasn’t met you properly yet and doesn’t know the fabulous Jane we all I know”
“I suppose so, so should I talk to her later?”
“No I’ll introduce you now” Fred said making Jane stand up and dragging her over to where Ginny was sitting “Ginny please may I introduce you to Miss Jane Malfoy, Jane my little sister Ginny” he said and left the two girls to talk. No one said anything for a while , Jane saw Ginny glancing at Harry multiple times in the space of two minutes “You know you should tell him”
“What are you talking about?”
“Harry , you should tell him how you feel”
“How do you know I like Harry? Is it obvious?”
“No , I’m just good at these type of things”, Ginny smiled at her and said “I think I judged you too soon can we just start again , I’m Ginny” she put her hand for Jane to shake , Jane shook it and said “I’m Jane.”

The two became best friends almost sisters in the space of about 2 days Jane had told her everything about Blaise and so when he approached the two girls one day , Ginny suddenly left leaving the two alone despite Jane’s pleading “hey can I please just talk to you ?”
“No you don’t have anything to say that would interest me” she spat , turning to leave
“Please Jane 5 minutes”
“3” she reluctantly agreed and followed him to a vacant corridor . Blaise didn’t say anything “Well go on spit it out” she said to him
“I just wanted to apologise for the way I acted towards you , I know I shouldn’t have ignored you , I have missed you so much”
“Why did you ignore me?”
“I don’t know” he did know , he knew perfectly well why . He was scared that he would fall even more in love with her and she wouldn’t even notice him , not know she had practically every guy’s attention.
“Okay I forgive you but you promise you won’t ever ignore me again?”
“I promise , here’s necklace if you still want it” he said offering it to her
“of course I still want it , I love it , I was just mad at you, will you put it on me please?” she asked him and he gladly obliged . When his fingers touched her neck it felt like electricity was running through his veins “well we’d better go to dinner” as they walked down the long corridors chatting about all the friends she had made and then Blaise remembered something he saw “I saw you kiss Weasley’s cheek the other day , are you going out or something?” he asked fearful of the answer
“Oh god no he’s just a really close friend , no that would be so weird” she giggled . We’re really close friends and you’ve never kissed me Blaise thought to himself. They reached the great hall Jane turned to him “I’ll see you later , bye” she said waving to him as she ran off to meet her friends who greeted her warmly . Blaise watched her for a moment, she was so beautiful , so amazing , she was leaning against Fred’s shoulder laughing loudly , he felt a surge of jealousy shot through him . He wanted to rip Fred’s arm off from around her waist , but then again she would be hurt if Fred was injured and Blaise didn’t want to make her unhappy, so he trudged of to the slytherin table where Daphne met him with a comforting look “You need to tell her, it’s making you miserable”
“No, I’m fine and she’s happy so why would I want to change her mood”
“She could become even more happier,” Blaise ignored this and just looked at his Jane , well she wasn’t his but oh how he wished she was.

Jane went and joined Ginny “How’d it go?” Ginny asked
“Good we’re friends again”
“Did he give you that?” she said pointing to the emeralds surrounding Jane’s neck
“Maybe”
“Jesus Jane what’s that around your neck?” Fred asked as he and George joined the two girls
“Yeah that looks like it could break your neck”
“Shut up, it’s just a gift from a friend”
“Who are your friends? George asked
“He is not just a friend though is he Jane?” Ginny grinned
“You’re cheating on me?” Fred said placing a hand over heart and acting looking hurt.
“Of course not I would never dream of it my dear Freddie, Ginny is just making up silly gossip ” she said leaning her head on his shoulders, Fred’s arm then slipped around her waist and for some reason Jane thought it felt right being there
“Go on Jane just tell us who it is ?” the twins begged with puppy dog faces
“I’m not telling you , now eat your chicken” she commanded the twins
“Yes mother” they said in unison.

It was soon the first quidditch match of the season Gryffindor vs. Hufflepuff , as Jane’s brother was still faking his injury. Jane was so excited and wore her gryffindor scarf down to breakfast , when she arrived the twins looked at her weirdly “What?”
“You’re wearing that to a quidditch match?” they said pointing to the lace black dress that finished above her knee
“Yeah , it’s new do you like it ?”
“You will freeze”
“So I’ll look the best” George then lent over the table and touched her face
“What are you doing ?”
“Just checking to see if you’re real”
“ So is this another gift from your secret boyfriend?”
“I do not have a boyfriend and it’s from my mother if you must know.” The dress had come in a box and a letter reading:

My Dear Jane
I hope you first few weeks have been good , I heard about the break in at Hogwarts by my dear cousin Sirius , you didn’t tell anyone you were related to him did you? I know I did not have chance to speak to you properly on the day of your sorting , but the more I think about it the more proud I am of you for getting into Gryffindor , so to congratulate you I was going to get you a new broom but I was walking past Twilfit and Tattings and saw this dress and thought it would be perfect for you.
Sending all my love your mother

“But honestly do I look okay?” she asked a bit concerned now
“Honestly Jane I think you’re going to help us win” Fred said
“And how’s that?”
“well all the Hufflepuff players well be looking at you and not at the actual game it’s the perfect situation” this then earned a slap from Jane across the arm , but she could not say anything more to him as Wood called the twins to go to the changing rooms. Jane made her way down to the pitch with Hermione and Ginny , the three of them huddling under 1 umbrella . Jane heard a malicious laugh from behind her and turned around to see her brother and his two body guards laughing at Harry “How’s your arm?” Jane shouted to him
“still very sore”
“You’re such a pig , why do you think you shouldn’t have to play in this weather?”
“Jane you are such an unsupportive sister.” Jane couldn’t even be bothered to listen to his voice anymore so she and Hermione and Ginny rushed into the stadium. The game was about to start and the rain had increased even more, it was foggy as well but she could still Fred and George their hair was like a light guiding her home. They watched the two captains shake hands “who is the Hufflepuff captain?” Jane asked intrigued
“ Oh that’s Cedric Diggory,” interesting Jane thought as she looked at the tall sturdy sixth year Hufflepuff, even his name was attractive. The weather conditions got even worse as the morning continued and Jane was almost soaked through when Hermione remembered a spell that dried clothes , thank god. They had been playing for nearly two hours when the whole stadium turned darker , colder , there was a wave of silence, the dementors had decided to joined to the festivities. Many people’s face soon became sadder and more scared and then suddenly distant figure fell from the skies , luckily Dumbledore managed to slow the person’s fall and they landed on a stretcher . He then turned scarily angry and sent the dementors away. Jane was transfixed with the person on the stretcher , she prayed that it wasn’t Fred or George, but then she would have seen their hair , then who was it? Hermione answered the question as if she knew what Jane was thinking “It’s Harry , oh god it’s Harry let’s go” she said whimpering , the three girls with Ron ran to the hospital wing where they run into the rest of team . They all went in silent together , they just watched him there for a minute he was so still, so pale.
“He will be ok won’t he?” Jane asked
“Course he will only fell a few feet he’ll be awake in a minute” Fred said giving her a reassuring smile and her hand a squeeze. Harry woke up ,much to everyone’s relief Jane was one of the first one to hug him she whispered into his ear “I’m so happy you’re awake.” The team, Jane and Ginny then left the hospital wing to give the three of them some privacy. Jane hadn’t realised until she was up in the gryffindor common room that she had been holding Fred’s hand the whole time in the hospital and now she realised how much she missed his hand being in hers.