The Bully's Sister

Christmas Presents

The seasons were changing again and snow began to fall on the Hogwarts grounds. It was soon time to end Jane’s first term at Hogwarts and she was reluctant to leave the school, her friends and Fred who she had still not told her feelings to. However she felt as if she was not the only one hiding a secret , Fred had tried at every opportunity to sit next to her, wrap his arm round her waist, walk with her in the corridor. She knew she still had feelings for Blaise, but he didn’t share those feelings, so there was no point in wishful thinking she should try and be with someone who loved her equally as she loved them or even more. They still had a few days left at school and it was a Saturday and Ginny and Jane were sat in the gryffindor common room as most of the school had gone to Hogsmeade. Jane had made Fred promise to come back with lots of presents for her. “So are you looking forward to going back home?” Ginny asked “ I suppose so , I mean there would be no work there and its nice to have a break , but I fear that I’ve become too comfortable here and so when I return home I will wish to return here straight here , which is a shame as I do love spending time with my mother and Draco”
“You like spending time with Draco?”
“He’s very different at home and with me , he’s lovely”
“Must be nice to have a lovely brother”
“You have lovely a brother , more than one , I would love to have a big family like yours”
“Well you certainly think that one of my brothers is lovely” she said with a giggle
“What do you mean?”
“You know what I mean , or who I mean”
“Who are you talking about I don’t like any of your brothers” She said trying to hide her feelings
“Oh don’t worry Jane I’m not going to tell Fred you like him”
“How do you know?”
“You act practically act like a couple, I don’t get why he hasn’t asked you to be his girlfriend yet”
“Maybe he doesn’t like me back”
“Now I know for a fact that is complete rubbish, the way he looks at you just shows how much he likes you, he‘s crazy about you Jane he even told me himself” Jane blushed at her words
“What did he say?”
“He said that he thought that you were the most beautiful girl in the world and that you were really kind and smart, but I’m sure he’ll tell you that himself one day”
“Well then why won’t he ask me to be his girlfriend ?”
“ I don’t know I mean you are three years younger than him , the same age as me it might be a weird for him”
“Yeah but he doesn’t have any problem with me kissing him or anything”
“Yes but those aren’t real kisses”
“I know , maybe it’s the fact that we are from feuding families”
“Fred’s not like that, he’s protective of his family , and he knows what your family is like but he also knows how different you are from them and he just doesn’t associate you with them , he thinks of you as your own perfect person”
“I’m not perfect”
“Fred thinks you are”
“ Well then he is very sweet and that makes me like him even more,” they spent the rest of the afternoon sharing amusing family tales. Ginny was just telling Jane of the time when Fred changed Ron’s teddy bear into a spider because he broke Fred’s toy broomstick, the two girls were laughing hysterically , when Fred and George came in “Well hello ladies” they said in unison “What’s in the bag?” Jane asked Fred
“Now why would I tell you that dear Jane”
“Because you love me”
“Well you are just going to have to wait till the 25th December” he said kissing her nose
“But I’m not going to see you on Christmas”
“Ever heard of owls Jane”
“Maybe , but I don’t like waiting”
“Well you are going to have to be patient” he said and went to sit beside her, she snuggled up to his chest and he kissed her head . Ginny and George exchanged a look as if to say ‘why aren’t they together yet’.

The next day Jane made her way to the Hogwarts express alone as all her friends had remained at Hogwarts to give Harry some company and Jane wished she could have done the same thing but thought that it would be best to return home to see her mother. She put her possessions on the train and went to go and find an empty compartment. She took out a book Hermione had lent her for the journey home, the train was chugging alone and the skies were darkening. Halfway through the journey , the compartment door slid open and one of her oldest friends entered the compact room. “Hello Jane, how are you?” Blaise asked her ,
“Good, how are you?”
“Glad to be seeing mother again”
“Where’s Draco?”
“Probably snogging Pansy” , Jane laughed at this
“Are they actually together?”
“I think Pansy likes to think so, but what about you any love on the horizon?” The question pained Blaise for he feared that she would say yes and that while she would move on he would be stuck behind just desperately in love with her.
“No just got a lot of lovely friends” she said , she wasn’t lying she had friends who were lovely just one she preferred a lot more than the others “What about you ? Do you not like Daphne?” she asked wondering what the answer would be “No , Daphne is a good friend but no that would be weird,” Jane felt a sense of relief , she knew that he would never be interested in her but she at least wanted to know that he wasn’t in love with someone, how wrong she was.

The train came to a halt as they reached platform 9 ¾ , and they left the train. Jane searching for the familiar white blonde hair that she had searched for so many times. She spotted it next to some painly familiar black greasy hair , she still approached her brother and the pug faced girl. “Draco” she said wrapping her arms around his neck and hugging him tight “Hey Jane, good journey?”
“Excellent Blaise and I had a lovely time”
“Good shall we go and find mother?” He said and Jane slipped her arm into his and they dragged their trunks behind them leaving a stunned Pansy behind. They found their mother and Jane ran for the first hug and even though she felt like she had grown up this term she still needed a hug from her mother. “Hello darlings how was your term?”
“Good , I made new friends and I’m doing excellent in all my classes” Jane said smugly her Malfoy genes coming out , “excellent darling and Draco is your arm okay?”
“Yes mother I’m almost back to perfect health”, Jane rolled her eyes
“Well your father is sorting all that out , the great oaf and creature will soon be off those grounds”
“I don’t think that’s entirely necessary , it was Draco’s own stupidity that caused his accident” Jane said shocked at her mother and strode ahead disgusted with her family’s behaviour.

They returned home and Jane ran straight up to her room and unpacked all her things, she had missed her room , it was the only place she liked being in the house for she had chosen the decorations herself. The room was a deep shade of purple, a double bed covered in purple sheets complete with real diamonds, there was a white desk by a window looking out into the gardens, where a couple of the white peacocks were strutting about, a latest purchase of her fathers Jane assumed. There were a few bookcases in the large room , including her favourite book ; the tales of Beedle the Bard. By Jane’s bedside were a collection of photos , in an ornate silver frame was a picture of Jane and Draco by the lake when they Jane was 5, another was a picture of Jane and Blaise dancing at Draco’s party , they looked so happy and smiling. Jane’s most prized possessions her brother and Blaise. Now she would need to put one of her Harry, Ron and Hermione, Ginny and lastly her and Fred although she thought that this might anger her father more than usual and it wasn’t as if she needed a picture of them for she had their faces tattooed onto her brain and her heart.

Her mother called her down for their Christmas eve dinner, which was served and cooked beautifully by their house elves. Jane reached the table where her father was seated at the end . “Good evening Jane”
“Good evening father”
“How has your first term been?” he asked while the family tucked into their first course
“Fine, I am excelling in all my classes”
“And the potter boy ?”
“Nothing that interesting we are friends but he mainly worries about Sirius Black”
“Good he has gained your trust , but you must make sure you do not get too attached”
“Do you doubt my strength father?”
“No , I am merely warning you my child,” and that was the length of the conversation for the holidays , which Jane was most pleased about as being around her father made her feel sick he was vile and cruel and yet so weak. The family spent the rest of the time talking about Draco’s term at Hogwarts and constantly asking whether is arm was alright, which recived many eye rolls from Jane. She was most happy when the meal finished with Jane’s favourite chocolate fudge cake and she finally got to retire to her bedroom where she quickly got dressed for bed and fell into a deep sleep.

She woke up on Christmas morning to a stack of presents at the foot of her bed who she knew were not from her family so she eagerly clambered out of bed to see who the mountain was from. The first was a little brown box from Ginny which enclosed a pair of beautiful butterfly earrings and a card also came with it that said :

Dear Jane

Happy birthday , I hope your time at home is bearable , Fred has become a little bit more miserable since your departure I can’t think why. I bought you these because you have become a butterfly that has been set free . I hope you enjoy the rest of your holidays , my mother has also sent along a few presents as long as well.

Love Ginny

Jane’s presents from Mrs Weasley included a jumper that had her initial on the front of it and a fruit cake she was astounded with the Weasley's kindness they had so little and yet they still gave presents to their children's friends who they had never even met. She also received a few books from Hermione, chocolate frogs from Ron and Quidditch through the ages from Harry. Her last two presents were a large supply of Zonko’s products from Fred and George with a note: If Draco ever annoys you . Then there was a small round silver box , when Jane opened the box a beautiful heart necklace was placed there with a pink gem in the centre. A piece of parchment fell out and Jane picked it off the floor and sat on the bed and read the letter:

Dearest Jane

I hope you are surviving the Malfoy manor, I am missing you a lot , I don’t usually show my feelings like this , but I like you Jane a lot, actually more than a lot, I get all nervous when I’m around you and you make me smile more than usual . You are so beautiful and smart , kind and so different to the rest of your family that I would forget you are related to them apart from the fact that you share the same name as them. I really want to be with you , but I can understand if you do not want to be with me , I am 3 years older than you , though mentally I am probably younger than you , I wouldn’t want us being in a relationship to make your life at home hard, anyway think about, have a great Christmas

Love Fred

Tears splattered the parchment , finally someone returned her feelings and she couldn’t be happier.