The Bully's Sister

Sparks Fly

Her heart felt like it was on fire, she wanted to see him now, she couldn’t wait, she needed him. She wanted to tell him that she liked him back and that she wanted to be with him. He had called her beautiful, kind and smart all the things she doubted about herself he had confirmed that she was all these things and more. Ginny had been right, he really liked her and yeah he was 3 years older than her but Romeo was 4 years older than Juliet, plus she was mature for her age and didn’t look her age either.

She then got dressed into her Christmas dress which was black with a cream peter pan collar, she then put on her heels and went downstairs to meet the rest of her family, practically bounding down the marble corridor her feet so full of happiness. Her family were waiting for her at the breakfast table “Sorry I’m late, Merry Christmas”
“Jane are you alright ? you look as if you’ve been crying” her mother asked, her father sounded disgusted, showing emotions was something Malfoy’s didn’t do. “I’m perfect mother, more than perfect in fact”
“and why is that dear Jane”
“Oh just being home with my family” she said starting her breakfast , to avoid further questioning , she felt as if her mother already knew roughly the cause of her happiness but was glad that she didn’t persist with questions. They enjoyed a family breakfast and then retired to the drawing room to open presents , Jane and Draco got about a billion presents each , they consisted of broomsticks, books, clothes, jewellery and various other things that would show off their wealth. Jane felt bad opening her mountain of gifts for she knew that all the Weasley children put together would not receive this amount of presents from their parents. Her mood picked up when she remembered she had sent all her friends considerable gifts , a couple of books for Hermione, Flying with the Cannons for Ron, a broom compass for Harry , and every Zonko’s product available for George and for Fred an expensive watch from Borgin and Burkes. The rest of the Malfoy’s Christmas was perfectly satisfactory , Draco and Jane played a game of wizards chest in the evening , with Jane winning by a considerable amount. She went up to bed at around 11 and was just closing her curtains when someone knocked on her door “come in,” her brother came in and sat on her bed “Um you have your own bed so I would appreciate if you got off mine as I want to sleep”
“I just want to talk to you a minute”
“What?” she said getting into her soft bed , nearly pushing Draco off in the process
“I was wondering who the necklace was from?” he said placing an arm around her
“Mum and dad” she said snuggling into his chest to hide her blushing face
“No its not because you had it on when you came to breakfast,” damn she thought , she should have been more careful. Why was she even worried? She had nothing to be ashamed of , she wasn’t embarrassed by Fred was she. No she would never be, it just would have made an interesting Christmas discussion around the Malfoy table, why she was wearing a necklace from a Weasley.
“It’s from Blaise”
“No it’s not because Blaise gave you that ring” he said pointing to the beautiful topaz ring on her dainty finger, the parcel had arrived just after breakfast with a card say that he wished she would have a good holiday and that he missed her. “Is he not allowed to get me two presents?”
“But he didn’t cause I was with him when he bought the ring and he said that he was only get you one present”
“Well it doesn’t matter who gave it to me”
“Oh come on it can’t be that bad , its not as if it’s from a Weasley” he snorted, Jane remained quiet suddenly finding her quilt very interesting “ Oh god Jane it’s not is it ?” he said placing his hands over his face “So what if it is ?”
“Please don’t tell me its from Ron”
“No don’t be ridiculous it’s from Fred,” Draco groaned
“One of those bloody twins”
“Hey don’t speak about them like that”
“Jane you could do so much better”
“Well I like him and he likes me and there is nothing you can do about it”
“Well I could tell father”, Jane eyes suddenly snapped open
“Draco please don’t , he means a lot to me and I don’t want dad to hurt him”, Draco saw her eyes her genuine care for the Weasley boy
“You know I never would , I just don’t want to see you get hurt”
“I know what I’m doing”
“The minute he hurts you , send him to me and I’ll-”
“Get Crabbe and Goyle to beat him up for you” Jane finished the sentence for him
“Well you know wouldn’t want to get blood on my new Italian leather shoes,” the siblings then burst into fits of laughter earning a shout from their father , Draco kissed Jane on the forehead and then went to his own bedroom and Jane went to bed with her stomach full of butterflies.

The holidays couldn’t go any slower to Jane, she was desperate to get back to Hogwarts and more importantly back to Fred. Her time finally came and she was ready and waiting for her family by the large front door sitting on her suitcase. Jane raced through the barrier and gave her parents a quick goodbye and bounded onto the train. She entered a compartment where she meet Neville who always seemed a little nervous around her “ Have a good Christmas Neville?” she asked
“It was alright, you ?”
“Oh my Christmas was good too” she said smiling inwardly , the door then opened and Blaise came in and just looked at Neville with a harsh glare, which made him scarper form the now moving train compartment. “That wasn’t very nice” Jane scolded him
“Well I didn’t want him in here”
“What makes you think you deserve to be here ? , he was here before you”
“Oh come on Jane it’s not like you wanted him in here”
“Actually I did he looked lonely and he is very nice”
“If you say so” he said sitting down
“Anyway what was so important you had to chuck Neville out?”
“Oh just wanted to see if you had a good Christmas and to say thank you for my present,” she had bought him a diary from Borgin and Burkes.
“My Christmas was amazing, and you are most welcome and thank you for my present”
“You’re welcome,” he said looking down for the ring, but it wasn’t there. Jane had decided that it might not be best to wear a gift from another boy when going to tell someone else that she liked them back. “Speaking of the present I got you where is it?”
“Oh I didn’t want to lose it or someone to steal it, so I packed it into my suitcase”
“Oh you never had a problem with it before”
“Well that was before I realised the value of presents you got me before”
“Well that necklace looks pretty valuable” he gestured to the locket from Fred that surrounded her neck. “Oh I guess so”
“Who’s it from anyway?”
“Draco”
“Draco gave you a heart necklace ?”
“Yeah he is my brother he does love me”
“Ok it’s just a little weird.” They didn’t speak much for the remainder of the journey , Jane read a new book from Christmas while Blaise just gazed at her reading. They then reached the familiar platform, and Jane could barley contain her nerves and Blaise could tell as he asked “Are you alright you’re shaking a bit”
“I am? oh must just be going back to school nerves, bye” she said not waiting for a reply and made her way up to the castle. She reached the first staircase and slowly began to climb them , she had been so excited to see him but now she didn’t know what to say. She without realising reached the gryffindor portrait where the fat lady’s replacement Sir Cadogan was asking for the password, but before she could think about the password a pair of skinny hugged her from behind and she turned to Ginny. She squealed and hugged her back tightly “Oh my god I’ve missed you so much” she said facing her best friend “So have I and so has someone else”
“I’m guessing this person may be Fred”
“Yes, how did you guess , did you get your letter?”
“Yes it was beautiful, did he show it to you?”
“No, he didn’t even show George but I had a feeling that if he sent you a present like that then a explanation would also be needed, I don‘t think that I need to guess the feelings are returned”
“Feelings are 100% returned maybe even more, I really like him, I just don’t know what to do about it”
“You’ll know when you get in there”
“Yeah I guess”
“So shall we go?” Jane nodded and followed Ginny into the common room. Her eyes searched the room for Fred’s brown ones, she found them and they immediately connected with hers. Ginny was right, she knew exactly what to do about it.

She ran to him and pressed her lips to his and sparks flew as he kissed passionately back, wrapping his arms around her pulling her closer to him. Her hands went through his bright hair, she was completely and utterly captivated by him. All around them people exploded into cheers the sounds and colours made it seem as if a volcano had just erupted. They stopped to breathe against both of their wishes “I love you” Jane whispered into his ear “I love you too” Fred told her. She put her arms around his neck and kissed him on the lips and then said “I have to go put my stuff upstairs , but I’ll be back in a minute”
“Wait, I have a question”
“Yes”
“Be mine?” She didn’t answer verbally , she just pecked his lips and then ran upstairs.

Ginny then raced up the stairs after her, after giving Fred a smile , who was now being congratulated by his friends. They hugged again for the second time that day and jumped around a bit “Oh my god I can’t believe it , you and my brother are together this is so cool but kind of weird,” happy tears were beginning to fall down Jane’s cheeks “Don’t cry” Ginny said wiping her tears away
“I’m just so happy.”
“ Well go and find Fred then,” and so she did just that. She went downstairs where he was surrounded by a group of people, she squeezed through them and asked him if they could go for a walk. They left the common room and walked down the corridor “I wanted to thank you for my present , I love it so much”
“Not as much as you love me though”
“No the necklace comes a close second,” Fred took her hand in his as they walked
“Thank you very much my present as well”
“You’re welcome”
“I missed you a lot”
“I missed you too”
“Did you survive your house?”
“You make it sound like a prison, but yes I did survive , my father was being my father, I got stupidly spoiled again by mother , oh and by the way Draco knows”
“Knows what?”
“That you gave me the necklace and that I like you a lot”
“Ah and what did he say ?”
“Well he wants me to be happy”
“So do I”
“Great you actually agree on one thing, now can we go to dinner I’m starving” she said and dragged him to the great hall. When they entered the grand room heads turned, ‘A Malfoy and A Weasley together’ were the general whispers. Draco almost chocked on his food at the sight of sister holding hands with a Weasley, he knew she liked him but he had no idea that it would turn into something so quickly and so suddenly. Half of him wanted to go over there and forbid Jane from going near him but then he saw how happy she was leaning into his arm as they made their way to the gryffindor table. It wasn’t ideal but she was happy and that was all that mattered . Someone on the slytherin table wasn’t happy at all, Blaise was practically suicidal. She was with him, they were holding hands, kissing and hugging , she was laughing at his jokes and Blaise felt as though there was no point living any more. How could he when she was with someone else , someone who hadn’t been a jerk to one of her friends only a couple of hours ago. That was who the necklace was from , him , the Weasley , how had he even afforded it in the first place? Why was she with him, she could do so much better, she could be with someone who had money and power , who could spoil her. Blaise had half a mind to write to Lucius , but then he would lose Jane’s friendship forever for he knew about her deep feelings of hatred towards her father. No he would just have to live with it, they’d break up soon it was just a fleeting romance that would be finished before it had even started. Or would Blaise have to watch them be together forever, getting married and having children of their own.

The young couple joined their friends and were meet with a series of ‘So you finally got together’ , ‘ I’m so happy for you both’ and ‘ You’re going out with my brother , that’s disgusting’. The last comment had come from Ron, obviously , who always looked uncomfortable whenever Fred and Jane were the slightest bit intimate. So they frequently kissed just to annoy Ron which was only ever a positive thing for Jane and Fred. “So how was you Christmas Harry?” Jane asked after finishing her roast dinner “Ok, I got a firebolt”
“That’s so cool”
“But it’s been taken away”
“Why?”
“Because the teachers and Hermione think it may be dangerous”
“Why would it be dangerous ? it’s a broom”
“It may have been sent from Sirius Black,” Jane fell silent by his words always feeling automatically guilty whenever Sirius Black was mentioned. The rest of the meal remained fairly quiet.

A week after they returned back to school , Slytherin played Ravenclaw in a match which they won narrowly, most of the Gryffindors had supported Ravenclaw including Fred, but Jane had supported Slytherin. After the match she went to find her brother to congratulate her brother much to Fred’s annoyance as he wanted to spend all his time with her. “Well done Draco you played really well” , she said as she hugged him “Thanks, so you’re together”
“I assume you mean Fred and I”
“Yes”
“What about it ?”
“Nothing, I just didn’t know that you two were that serious”
“Well I do love him”
“You what?”
“Love it’s this strong emotion,”
“I know what love is , I mean Jane how can you know what love is you’re only in your second year”
“Oh and you would , snogging with Parkinson doesn’t count” she shouted and stormed back up to the castle. She meet Fred in the common room “Someone’s a bit angry” Fred said jokingly
“It’s Draco, he’s being a prat”
“That’s nothing new”
“Well it is to me”
“Why is he being a prat?”
“He said I couldn’t know what love is at my”
“Well what does he know, all he’s ever done is suck face with that pig,” Jane laughed at this and instantly felt better and hugged him tight, Fred kissed her head . He was right Draco didn’t know what he was talking about, Jane did she knew she was in love with Fred. He made her laugh, she could tell him anything, he was protective of her , when they kissed Jane felt like her body was surging with electricity, she was completely and undoubtedly in love with Fred Weasley.