The Bully's Sister

Butterflies

Jane and Fred had been going out for about a month and it couldn’t have gone better. They were crazy about each , maybe a little too crazy. They constantly aggravated their friends by their constant displays of public affections. This also annoyed Jane’s brother as she was still in a mood with him and whenever he tried to apologise about his previous actions Jane would kiss Fred , knowing that it would make Draco uncomfortable and then make him leave. Fred brought it up after Draco found them in the library “You can’t avoid him forever”
“I can do whatever I want” She said angrily back , not taking her eyes of her potions essay.
“He is your brother, you haven’t spoken to him in over a month, I think I’d go insane if I didn’t talk to George for that length of time”
“Well I’m not you , and I can cope with not talking to Draco, now either get on with your homework or leave me alone,” he chose the second option leaving an angry Jane alone to her thoughts. She shouldn’t have shouted at Fred but why did she have to talk to Draco. Uh Fred was right she should make up with her big brother even if it was just for him to leave her alone. She finished her potions essay and by the time she had completed the rest of her homework it was time for dinner. She went into the great hall and instead of going to join her boyfriend and his twin , she went over to the slytherin table, where she was met with a series of glares which she returned fiercely . She was a Malfoy after all. She sat opposite her brother “what are you doing here?” Draco asked, looking blankly at her
“I was going to apologise but if my own brother won’t let me eat dinner with him then I should go” she said getting up , Draco dragged her back down to the bench. “ I’m sorry of course you can eat dinner with me”
“That’s ok I just come over to apologise for ignoring you all month”
“Well you had reason to I shouldn’t had said that you couldn’t know what love is at your age, I just want you to be careful”
“Well I am,” the two eat dinner together just talking like old times. He walked her to the portrait and then hugged her good night. She went into the common room. Now to apologise to Fred. He was sitting by the fire with George and Lee “Fred can I talk to you ?” she asked with desperation, he didn’t say anything , George nudged him and gave him a stern look until he got up and took her hand and led her out of the common room. “I’m really sorry Fred, I shouldn’t have shouted at you” she said determined for him to forgive her. “Don’t worry about it , I was being stupid , I shouldn’t have compared you and Draco to George and I , I understand that you and you’re family are usually on bad terms”
“It’s ok and I made up with him, because I realised you were right , it was such a little small thing”
“I know I saw you at dinner, I also saw you receiving a few death glares”
“Oh I know , bloody slytherins they are so prejudiced its unbelievable , they’re so up themselves as well” she said as they made their way back to the common room.

It was nearing the Ravenclaw vs. Gryffindor match which meant that Fred was constantly at practices on Oliver’s orders and against Jane’s wishes. Although this did mean she could spend more time with Ginny, who she had spoken to as much as she was so caught up in Fred. They had just finished their transfiguration homework when Harry came in carrying the most amazing broom ever “Oh my god is that your Firebolt?” Jane asked him eagerly
“Yep all mine”
“You are going to thrash Ravenclaw by miles” she said admiring the beautiful broom. Fred and George came over and joined the two girls, Fred placing an arm around Jane’s shoulder. They were just about to great them when Ron came shouting downstairs about Hermione’s cat Crookshanks eating Scabbers, his pet rat. Ron became very upset about his loss, so Fred, George, Ginny, Harry and Jane tried to cheer him up . “Come on Ron you were always saying how boring Scabbers was” Fred said trying to bring some comfort to his brother “And he’s been off colour for ages, he was wasting away. It was probably better for him to snuff it quickly. One swallow , he probably didn’t feel a thing”
“Fred !!!!!” Ginny and Jane both shouted at him. They told him to go get another rat from Hogsmeade but he was still miserable. The day had soon arrived for the big match and Jane and Ginny went and sat with the twins. Harry came down with the rest of the boy’s in his dormitory along with the Firebolt , everyone’s heads turned , Jane’s brother included. They walked down to the pitch and Jane wished Fred good luck and they kissed quickly before he went into the changing room along with the rest of the team. The girls made their way up to their seats. The teams came out onto the pitch and the captains shook hands . The game then began , Jane found that she didn’t enjoy the game as much as she worrying about Fred being hit by a bludger. Then suddenly there were 3 dementors at the bottom of the pitch , but they were soon reviled by Harry’s excellent patronus to be her brother, Crabbe , Goyle and Marcus Flint. Mortified Jane went down the steps to find her brother, she didn’t notice in her anger that Gryffindor had won. She only realised when Fred picked her up and spun her around kissing passionately for a few minutes . “Well done, you played brilliantly, but now you must excuse me I need to kill my brother,” Fred had no objections and watched her as she went to scold her brother. But McGonagall had already beaten her to it as they we’re getting a firm telling off, once McGonagall had gone , Jane started shouting at her brother “HOW DARE YOU DO THAT, YOU ARE SO CRUEL , DO YOU DELIGHT IN HURTING OTHERS?”
“Jane calm down”
“DON’T YOU DARE TELL ME TO CALM DOWN, YOU ARE AN AWFUL , AWFUL BROTHER, I KNOW YOU DON’T LIKE HARRY BUT HE’S ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS WHY DID YOU HAVE TO HURT HIM,” she didn’t give him a chance to defend himself, she walked back to the castle holding Fred’s hand.

The atmosphere in the Gryffindor common room was electric , everyone was so happy . Fred and George had slipped off for a couple of hours to get some butterbeer and sweets , it was Jane’s first Hogwarts party and she loved every second of it. Someone had managed to get the weird sisters playing on the radio and everyone was dancing. Jane kept herself close to Fred , they danced together for hours Fred’s hand moving down her body every song change , they kissed a lot. There was something that felt so natural when their lips touched that they didn’t ever need to stop for air, it was just like magic. It was now reaching one in the morning and very few had left the festivities, but Professor McGonagall came in and told them to go to bed. Fred and Jane kissed goodnight and they both made their own separate ways to their beds. Jane and Ginny were talking as they both were too happy to go to sleep “I saw you and Fred snogging, did you actually stop?”
“Only when McGonagall sent us to bed”
“Don’t you get bored?”
“No your brother is a very good kisser”
“Ew I didn’t need to know that”
“Well you did ask”
“But seriously how is it going between you too?”
“Amazing, I love him so much Ginny, he’s just amazing and he makes me feel so special”
“So you’ve gotten over Blaise?”
“Yeah I’m totally over him, it was just a little girl crush” she said turning to face her pillow. She wasn’t over Blaise , she never would be , she loved him and would always love him. She hadn’t been asleep for more than ten minutes when a loud shout came from somewhere in the castle. Everyone got out of their beds to see what the trouble was . Percy was trying to control anyone after Fred said “Excellent are we carrying on?” eager to dance with Jane again. Professor McGonagall came in and shouted “Now really enough’s enough,” Percy tried to save his pride by saying that Ron had had a nightmare. Ron retailed at this saying “IT WASN’T A NIGHTMARE, PROFESSOR, I WOKE UP, AND SIRIUS BLACK WAS STANDING OVER ME, HOLDING A KNIFE.” Fred came over to Jane and held her in a protective grip, Jane was scared, her relative had nearly attacked one of her best friends and the feeling of guilt was back again. It turned out that Neville Longbottom had written all the passwords on a piece of paper and then lost them. Fred suggested that Jane come up to his dorm as he wasn’t comfortable for her to be alone when a mass murderer was on the loose, but she declined “No I shouldn’t I don’t want Ginny to on her own, good night I love you.” She kissed him on the lips and went up to bed with Ginny.

Nothing out unusual happened in the following weeks. Draco and Lucius were making Hagrid’s life a misery as they were still very persistent to get Buckbeak executed, Jane had still not spoken to Draco, this only increased her anger towards him. There was another Hogsmeade trip coming up which meant that Jane was to be without Fred for a couple which they both hated but he had promised to bring her back a present. He did as promised he returned with about a crateful of honey dukes sweets and a new book . They were making their way down to dinner when they were approached by Draco “Can I talk to you?” he asked rather cockily as if to keep appearances. It was something Jane had seen her father do , it annoyed her more than anything “First of all wipe that smug grin of your face you look like an idiot and I don’t particularly want to talk to you as I am going to have dinner with my boyfriend” she said dragging Fred away “It’s about Potter,”
“What about Harry?” she asked now interested
“I’m not telling you when he’s there” glaring at Fred whose arm was around Jane’s waist. Jane looked at him and he went to dinner. “You have two minutes” She said with a stern look crossing her arms
“Ok I wanted to apologise to you for what happened at the quidditch match, I understand now that it was probably very embarrassing for you, but I’m not the only one doing bad things, you’re precious Potter attacked me in Hogsmeade,” Jane rolled her eyes at this
“Thank you for your apology but I highly doubt Harry attacked you”
“He did he threw mud at the back of my head and Crabbe and Goyle”
“Harry can’t go to Hogsmeade he didn’t get his permission slip signed, I think you need to go and see Madame Pomfrey maybe you’re loosing it a bit”
“I am certainly not, he was there I saw the top of his head”
“Lots of people have black hair Draco” she said trying to cover up for Harry
“Oh forget it , you’re never going to believe me, anyway I see you’re still going out with Weasel”
“Don’t call him that, Draco I’m serious I always feel awful whenever you say that , yeah they don’t have much money, but they’re so much nicer than our family”
“Are you sure you’re even a Malfoy?” he asked jokingly “Oh I forgot guess what?”
“You broke up with Pansy”
“No”
“You’re hanging out with Blaise more”
“No”
“You’re being nice to people”
“No, Buckbeak is going to be executed”
“WHAT?” Jane asked
“It’s brilliant isn’t it , Father just owled me”
“No Draco it’s not brilliant, it’s awful I can’t believe you are the reason an innocent creature is going to lose it’s life, you are so much like father, I’ve never been so disappointed in you Draco” She said , tears spilling out of her eyes. She didn’t want to eat so she went up to the common room and cried on one of the couches. She had fallen asleep and was slowly waking and she heard someone say “Be quiet she’s sleeping” she immediately recognised it to be Fred and she figured he was also the one stroking her hair. She opened her eyes “Hey you ok?” Fred asked kissing her forehead
“No it’s all his fault” fresh new tears spilt from her aquamarine eyes
“It’s who’s fault?”
“Draco’s he’s the reason Buckbeak is going to die”
“Oh Jane , don’t cry over that idiot” he said pulling her onto his lap “He’s not worth it”
“But he’s my brother , I feel so guilty , its my fault as well”
“Now Jane listen to me and understand this, it is not your fault that Buckbeak is going to be executed” he said holding her face and staring into her eyes. She didn’t say anything , she just snuggled into his chest and he kissed her head.

Jane had recovered the next day and was eating her lunch with Fred, George ,Lee and Ginny when the golden trio came into the great hall a mixture of emotions on their faces. They sat down laughing, “What’s so funny?” Ginny asked,
“Well we were in care of magical creatures and Malfoy was being a prat about Hagrid as he usually is and then it was bloody brilliant Hermione slapped him right across the face” Ron roared with laughter as did the rest of the table. No one laughed harder than Jane , he had finally got his comeuppance “Well done Hermione, well done” Jane said clapping Hermione. They all ate their lunch laughing and when they were leaving for afternoon lessons Jane went over to the slytherin table and said to her brother “It’s a bit embarrassing to be hit by a girl isn’t it, so don’t worry I’ll keep you’re secret safe” she said sarcastically and turned to the rest of the hall and shouted “DRACO MALFOY GOT HIT BY A GIRL.” She left the hall and just as she was about to go up then stairs someone caught her wrist “Jane I haven’t spoken to you in ages” she turned to face the beautiful Blaise. No Jane why did you say he was beautiful she mentally scolded herself. “I know we need to catch up I’ve missed you so much,”
“Well why don’t you come and have dinner at the slytherin table with me tonight”
“Yes I’d love to”
“Great see you later” he said , hugged her and went. What was she doing? She thought to herself ,why are you seeing Blaise ? You have a boyfriend , but he’s just a friend all you are doing is having dinner with a friend. But why did you get butterflies then when he held your wrist?