The Bully's Sister

Trapped

Jane tried to ignore the butterflies in her stomach that increased every minute in her afternoon lessons . She was practically skipping to the great hall so excited to meet Blaise. She had not spoken to him in over a month and was truly missing him. Missing him was an understatement she longed for him, she craved him. She shouldn’t be feeling like this though it was wrong , so wrong she had a boyfriend who she loved deeply. Speaking of her boyfriend she felt a pair of arms snake around her waist “Hello love, you look as if you’re in very deep thought , anything the problem” he said jolting her away from her dreams. “Oh no , no nothing’s the matter” she said with a reassuring smile “Just feeling a bit peaky I might go lie down for a while, go on though enjoy dinner” she said hugging him and without waiting for his reply went up the marble staircase. Great , what was she going to do now? Why had she lied to Fred? Well it was only the start of dinner so there was a possibility that Blaise was not in dinner yet and Fred always ate quite quickly so maybe she would be able to eat dinner without being caught by Fred. Why was she worried in the first place, why did it matter that she was eating dinner with a friend? She decided to wait outside the great hall to see when Fred came out , she didn’t have to wait long. He came out laughing with George and Lee. She hid behind a pillar and then looked into the great hall to find that Blaise was still not in dinner. She turned back to face the entrance hall , when something ran into her , both fell to the floor “I’m really sorry” She said standing up dusting herself off “ I wasn’t looking where I was going, oh Blaise” she said in surprise when she realised the person she had collided was the person she longed to see. “Jane, why are you doing out here ? I was really late, McGonagall had me doing lines for being late to class this afternoon”
“Oh I just came down from the common room,” she told him not quite meeting his eye, he looked suspicious but decided to not think about it. “Shall we go to dinner then?” he asked
“Yes,” they made their way to the slytherin table, there were not many people eating dinner now ,so it was unlikely for them to be disturbed. They put their pasta on their plates and began to talk just as they always had. “So you’re still going out with weasel then”
“Yes and I’d appreciate it if you didn’t call him that”
“Sorry , so are you happy with him?”
“I wouldn’t be with him if I wasn’t,” that wasn’t the answer Blaise had hoped for. He almost wanted her to be unhappy so that he could convince not to be with weasel. “What about you?”
“No”
“Oh I’m sorry” she said reaching her hand across the table and placing it on his. Blaise’s cheeks instantly flushed red at her touch. “So who do you think is going to win the quidditch final?” he said trying to distract her from his pinking face “Gryffindor easily” she said smugly
“Oh yeah, what makes you think that ?”
“Well each member of our team actually has a brain and we have Harry ; the youngest seeker in a century”
“Oh so you doubt your own brother?”
“Don’t talk to me about Draco”
“Why what’s he done this time ?”
“He’s an idiot , he’s being so cruel about Hagrid, its times like these when I hate being a Malfoy” she said miserably. Well maybe you’ll be a Zabini one day thought Blaise. They spent the remainder of dinner chatting and laughing and they were the last to leave the great hall after their desert. Blaise walked her up to the portrait “I had a really good time tonight” Jane said
“So did I , I’ve missed you so much, good night” he said hugging her. Jane wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him close. They were embracing for quite some time when suddenly the Fat Lady said frustrated “Are you going to come in or not?”, this snapped them back to reality , they both became red as they realised their hug was longer than usual . Blaise walked slowly back down the corridor leaving Jane. She said the password and entered the common room, where she was met with an angry Fred “Where have you been? I thought you were sick but Ginny said you never came into the dormitory”
“Oh yeah I decided that it would be better to get some fresh air , so I just went for a walk”
“The doors are locked”
“Ever heard of a spell called Alohomora?” She snapped back
“Jane I know you’re lying”
“How?”
“Because I know where you’ve been”
“Oh please enlighten me as to my supposed place of whereabouts this evening” she said raising her voice slightly , now several people were watching the couple’s fight. “ You were eating dinner with Blaise Zabini”
“Your evidence”
“I saw you eating dinner at the slytherin table ” he said rather cockily. Damn she had been caught out , just play it cool, she thought to herself. “And if I was what’s the problem in the first place?”
“He’s a slytherin”
“So? ”
“He’s a slytherin isn’t that a good enough reason for you, they’re evil, cunning, selfish and bullies”
“ How dare you make that assumption , I bet you haven’t spoken a word to him in your entire life”
“I don’t need to, you can tell straight from his behaviour that he’s a stuck up git”
“He’s one of my best friends, I can’t believe you just said that” she said astounded at Fred’s words and ran up to the dormitory too shocked to be around him anymore. Ginny came up minutes later and hugged her best friend “I’m sorry my brothers being a prat, I shouldn’t have told him that you weren’t up in the dorm”
“It’s alright its not your fault”
“I have no idea what’s come over him, maybe he’s jealous”
“I was just eating dinner with Blaise , it’s just the same if I was eating with Harry”
“I don’t think so, I mean you don’t like Harry or Ron in that way, but you and Blaise have chemistry together”
“Well then he’s being an idiot , I only like Blaise as a friend”
“Are you sure Jane?”
“Yes , how many times do I have to say it”
“It’s just that whenever you’re around him you act differently , you always try and make yourself look prettier when he’s around, not that you need to , you’re the prettiest girl in the entire school”
“No I’m not and I do not act differently around him”
“Yes you are Jane, you should see the way guys look at you as you walk down the corridor, maybe that’s why Fred is so angry , I think he thinks that you’re way out of his league and he’s just trying to make sure that you stay with him”
“Boys are so weird” Jane said and both girls laughed hysterically.

The next day Jane avoided Fred like the plague, he made many attempts to talk to her but she just walked away. He finally cornered her on her way to potions “Jane please can I talk to you?”
“I’m going to be late for potions” she said trying to move past him but he kept on blocking her pathway “Jane just listen to me, I’m sorry that I shouted at you yesterday and what I said that about Zabini , but why did you have to lie to me?”
“Because I knew you would freak out like you did yesterday”
“ I did not, anyway can we just forget about it”
“Fine, now I have to go to potions.” She left him and headed down to the dungeons. When she went into the classroom she muttered an apology to Snape , who just nodded, something he would not have done with any other Gryffindor student.

The weather was changing, it was getting hotter and the Easter holidays had come and gone faster than you could bat an eyelash. Jane and Fred were still together, but something had changed. Fred would always wait outside Jane’s class to pick her up and walk her to her next class, most would consider this sweet , but he would always grip her wrist whenever they were walking instead of holding it. He would start getting angry at her even if she talked to another boy even his own brother. He never left her alone, she could hardly breathe ,she felt like she was trapped. Now whenever Jane saw Fred she wasn’t having feelings of ecstasy but feelings of melancholy. She was now having to force a smile instead of being able to laugh her head off at one of his jokes. It was nearly the last quidditch match of the year and also the final Gryffindor vs. Slytherin. Jane was excited as this meant a chance away from Fred , but surely you shouldn’t want to be away from your boyfriend. She still had not made up with Draco not that she would have a chance as Fred wouldn’t let her out of his sight. It was the morning of the match and Jane had made her way down to breakfast with Fred, after they had finished their breakfast they made their way down to the pitch with Ginny and George “Good luck” she said to Fred, who pulled her in and kissed her on the lips against her will. She quickly broke the kiss and told him to go and get changed. “Jane are you alright?” Ginny asked as Jane did a sigh of relief and her eyes began to redden. “Yes, I’m fine”
“You just look as if you’re about to burst into tears,” and Ginny was right. The minute she said that thousands of tears came out of Jane’s eyes “Jane what’s wrong?” she said worriedly pulling her best friend into a hug, Jane didn’t say anything just sobbed into Ginny’s shoulder , she felt Ginny turn her into someone else’s arms. She found the strong skinny arms to be Draco’s, she dropped all her anger towards him she just wanted her big brother to protect her. He whispered into her hair “It’s alright, don’t cry I’m here.” She held onto him wishing never to be apart from him. The sun was now shining onto the siblings and Jane finally looked into her brother’s grey eyes , he rubbed the last remaining tears away from her eyes “Now are you going to tell me why you’re crying”
“I ,I,I” she stuttered , Draco held her hand protectively “Jane please tell me what’s wrong I want to help you”
“I’m not happy with Fred, he‘s changed,” Draco’s eyes were now filled with anger. “What did he do to you?” he said fearing the worst “He never leaves me alone, always grips my hand , I feel like I can’t breathe ,I’m not in control of my own life and that scares me”
“I’m going to kill him” he said menacingly
“No Draco please don’t” she pleaded grabbing hold of his arm as he made his way to the gryffindor common room “It will just make things worse, I’m going to talk to him after the match” she bore her eyes into his willing him to listen to her. “ Fine, I knew this would happen, I knew he’d hurt you, come and see me afterwards ok”
“Of course I will, I love you good luck”
“Love you too” he said kissing her forehead before heading into the slytherin changing room. Jane went up to the stands where the game was just about to start. The two teams meet in the middle and the captains shook hands, well Flint practically crushed Oliver’s fingers. The game began and they all rose into the air, throughout the entire game Slytherin committed many fouls against Gryffindor, most by Draco. He looked beyond angry and was taking it out on the Gryffindor team players , especially Fred and Harry. At one point her grabbed hold of Harry’s broom when Harry caught sight of the snitch , but in the end Gryffindor had won the cup, it was the first time since Ron’s brother Charlie had been seeker. Jane clapped and cheered along with everyone else and her and Ginny went to meet the boys on the pitch where everyone was celebrating . Fred ran up to her and spun her around , kissing her on the lips hard. This time she was not reluctant and jumped onto his hips wrapping her legs around his waist and kissed him back twice as passionately as he was kissing her. She had no idea what she was doing, she had forgotten the reasons she was angry with him because when she was kissing Fred she was in her own perfect world where just the two of them existed. They stopped kissing and she congratulated him. They walked up to the castle with everyone else; Fred’s hand gripped hard around her wrist. Now she remembered.

She instantly began feeling trapped again. She wanted to scream. Fred and George went to go and get some food and when they came back Fred attached himself to her. She tried to think of all the reasons why she wanted to be with Fred and though there were many they couldn’t cancel out the feelings she now got around him. She couldn’t do it. Couldn’t carry on being depressed and scared she wanted it over. She lent into him and said “Can we go somewhere else?” His eyes lit up at this and they hastily left the buzzing common room. She lead him to a deserted corridor. He began to kiss her thinking this was the reason she wanted to be in private, she pulled away “ what’s wrong?” he asked. “Fred I,I,I,” she stuttered “I want to break up.”