The Bully's Sister

Revelations

Fred looked like his entire world had come crashing down. The usual cheeky smile that graced his face had been wiped off. “What? Why?” he asked almost in tears, “Why do you think?” she said bravely. He couldn’t think why, he loved her and was always there for her and spoiled her “Jane what have I done?” he pleaded , she didn’t tell him she showed him her now purple wrist. He couldn’t believe that he had done that to her, he was so angry with himself how could he have hurt her ? “Please let me explain” , but he couldn’t explain there was no excuse for his actions. “Jane I never meant to hurt you”
“Well you did, why though ?”
“I don’t know I just wanted to make sure you were with me” he said disgusted with himself
“I was always with you Fred I worshiped you , I was in love with you” Jane said, the words stinging both. “I know and I love you too , I was just jealous”
“Jealous of what?”
“You spending all your time with other guys”
“I did not, I spend all my time with you, okay so one day I had dinner with Blaise but I’m allowed a life”
“I know you are but just see it from my point of view , you are the most beautiful girl in the entire school and every guy in the school wants to be with you , even my own brother was annoyed with me when I asked you out and when you agreed I was so happy and shocked and couldn’t believe that you were mine”
“Yes but you should have trusted me not to go off with another guy”
“I know I’m sorry can we just try again I won’t hurt you again I promise” he pleaded
“No, I do love you but I don’t want to have to worry about getting hurt just because I hug another guy , I do want to be friends but I just can’t have that constant worry” she said giving his hand a squeeze. He didn’t say anything for a while just nodded “I’m going to go back to the common room you coming?” She asked he shook his head and said “I want to be alone for a while”
“Ok see you tomorrow” she said smiling. She made her way back to the common room finally being able to breathe. When she entered the still celebrating gryffindor common room she was meet with a confused looking George “Where’s Fred?” he asked her not seeing her red eyes, “Oh he’s outside somewhere”
“Are you alright?”
“Sort of , Fred and I just broke up,” George looked extremely surprised “Really why?”
“Fred can tell you I have to go and find someone”
“Oh well then I’m sorry you and Fred were good together” he said as she left the common room. George was right they were good together but she couldn’t and wouldn’t be walked over again. She made her way to her brother in the dungeons. Outside the snake common room Pansy Parkinson was chatting with a group of her friends Jane made her way up to the pig faced girl and asked “Can you please go get my brother for me”
“Why should I do anything for a blood traitor?”
“Parkinson stop being a cow and go get me my brother”
“No I certainly will not”
“I’m sorry it’s really important” she said sincerely
“Oh that still doesn’t change anything” she said meanly. A voice from behind Jane said “Pansy stop being such an idiot its not the best way to get into Draco’s good books” , she turned to see Daphne “Is it just Draco you need?” she asked concernedly thinking that if Blaise came out he would be able to tell her his feelings. “Yes just Draco thank you” she smiled as Daphne went into the common room. A minute later her big brother came out but before he could do anything Pansy was talking to him “Draco I tried to stop her but that stupid Greengrass girl went and got you”
“Well then you’re an idiot because I wanted to talk to my sister” he said giving her a nasty look leaving her in a state of shock and then she ran into the common room crying followed by her friends. “Aren’t you going to go after her?” Jane asked
“No she’ll come crawling back later begging for forgiveness” he said with a smirk
“Draco she was really crying”
“Since when do you care about her?”
“I don’t, its just not very nice and it makes you look bad and I know that you’re not bad” she said causing Draco’s cheeks to go slightly pink. “Anyway did you break up with weasel ?”
“His name is Fred and yes I did”
“Well then why do you look sad?”
“Because I still love him” she said and then burst into tears , Draco wrapped his arms around her and they sat down on the steps. “Why did I break up with him? I need to go and get back together with him” she said getting up , Draco pulled her back down and said in a serious tone “You broke up with him because he was controlling and possessive and if you go and get back together you’ll regret it forever”
“Why are you always right?” she asked laughing
“I can’t help it I’m just that amazing” he said back, the two laughed for a couple of minutes and as Jane went to hold her stomach from laughing so much her sleeve fell down revealing her purple wrist. Draco’s eyes widened in horror at the sight of her skinny wrist he got up and started running up the stairs determined to kill the bastard that had hurt his baby sister. Jane ran after him shouting “Draco NO don’t it will make it worse” but he ignored her “Draco PLEASE stop , please for me” she pleaded with him as they reached the Fat Lady’s portrait . Jane tried to grab hold of him but he realised himself form her grip and started yelling at the Fat lady “LET ME IN”
“Not unless you have the password”
“I don’t have the stupid password” he said frustrated “ Jane just say the password and I can go murder him”
“No Draco he didn’t even mean to hurt me”
“I don’t care he still hurt you”
“I’m not with anymore he can’t hurt me”
“I know but I’m supposed to protect you” he said hugging her , “You do protect me Draco”
“I haven’t otherwise you wouldn’t be bruised , I’m sorry I let you down”
“Don’t you dare apologise , you did nothing wrong I have to from my mistakes”
“Making a mistake is not learning for a test; not being abused by your make boyfriend”
“That’s a little extreme he didn’t abuse me”
“I can’t be bothered to argue with you anymore , go get some sleep you look shattered I love you goodnight” he said hugging her one last time and kissing her head. She watched him walk down the stairs and she then made her own way to bed finally relived to be getting some sleep. She was in dreams the minute her head hit the pillow.

On the other side of the castle Draco entered the green lit common room and went up to his dormitory. He was so angry , he hated the Weasleys even more now , he couldn’t believe that someone had hurt his baby sister he felt sick when he saw her wrist, he had failed her and broken his promise that he made to his mother 12 years ago. He hit the wall trying to get his anger out “You alright?” he heard from behind him, “Fine” he spat
“You don’t look or sound fine” the voice asked , he turned round to see Blaise. He and Blaise never spent that much time together ever since they started Hogwarts , they just had different interests and friends he hadn’t meant to grow apart from him he just changed. He looked at his most trusted friend “Promise if I tell you , you won’t tell anyone else”
“I promise” he said trustfully. “It’s Jane” , at this Blaise tensed up, a million things ran threw his mind Was she hurt? Was she ok? “ What’s happened to her?” he asked worriedly, Draco could see the concern in his friends eyes, he knew how much Blaise loved his sister and never understood why he never asked her out “You know her boyfriend , well ex now” he said , this made Blaise’s eyes light up with happiness , “He the pathetic weasel hurt her”
“He what?” anger ran through Blaise’s veins he wanted to kill him , he couldn’t believe that someone had hurt his Jane. “He would always grip her wrist instead of holding her hand to stop her from running away so now she is all bruised along her wrist and I couldn’t even stop it” he said a few crystal tears running down his pale cheeks. “I’m going to kill him” Blaise said angrily
“Don’t its not what Jane wants”
“Fine but only to keep Jane happy”
“Blaise I’m sorry we haven’t been as close as we used to be”
“It’s alright we’ve both got our own friends”
“Ask Jane out soon before some nutter does because I can tell she loves you too”
“She doesn’t , anyway I’m going to bed goodnight”
“Night.” It was funny that something that two people breaking up made another to make up.

It was nearly exam time at Hogwarts and everyone was getting stressed out but it didn’t stop the news that Jane and Fred had broken up spreading around the whole school by lunchtime the next day. Jane hadn’t seen Fred since they broke up and a part of her was glad to be apart from him but she mostly missed him. All her friends had been supportive of their break up but of course Jane only told Ginny the full of reason as to why they broke up to which Ginny found most shocking and apologised profoundly on brothers behalf. Draco still looked angry and whenever he saw a Weasley he had to be held back by Blaise to stop him from attacking them, this had made Jane happier as she realised her brother and Blaise were now friends again. A couple of days later Harry told Jane that Buckbeak was going to be executed at the end of the week “Oh no Harry I’m so sorry” she said upset
“It’s not your fault , its your fathers and brothers”
“I know that’s why I’m apologising I feel so awful”
“Don’t be its not your fault the rest of your family are prats.” The exams began and Jane found them easy and in some ways was glad to be sitting in silence just concentrating on school. They had just finished their last exam ; potions which Jane thought she did particularly good . Jane and Ginny made their way to the great hall giggling about Colin Creevy having the contents of his cauldron blow up in his face. They were stopped by Fred who said “ Can I talk to you Jane?”
“Yeah do you mind Ginny?”
“No go ahead” she said glaring at her brother who she was still mad at for hurting her best friend. “So what did you want to talk about?”
“I just wanted to apologise properly I am so ashamed of my behaviour and I know that you want to be friends but I don’t think we can I feel so guilty whenever I see you”
“Thank you and that’s the cowards way out and you sir are a gryffindor and you are going to come and have dinner with me because I’ve already forgotten about what happened” she said dragging him into the great hall. Ginny looked stunned when she saw Jane dragging Fred over to where she was sitting “You’re not back together are you?”
“No we’re just friends” Jane said and the three of them ate dinner and Lee and George came to join them . They talked and laughed and forgot about all the events that had taken place a couple of weeks. That an atmosphere overcame the castle most people were celebrating end of exams but Jane couldn’t help feeling guilty for the murder of Buckbeak. The next day Professor Snape had let slip that Professor Lupin was a werewolf and that he had resigned . It was also revealed that Buckbeak had been freed giving Jane a sense of relief but this made her brother furious so she decided to stay well away from Draco .Sirius Black had been found but then escaped , this she felt very guilty about that her relative was still on the loose. On the last day of term they got their exam results back and Jane had passed every single one of them with flying colours, especially in potions where she got only one thing wrong. The Gryffindors were the champions of the of the house cup that year making the atmosphere at the gryffindor table at the end feast very enjoyable. As Jane was leaving the great hall surrounded by her friends Professor McGonagall came up to her and said “Professor Dumbledore would like to see you in his office, if you’d come with me.” Jane followed her to Professor Dumbledore’s office where Professor McGonagall said the password and then motioned for her to go up the marble staircase. Jane knocked on the door where she was met with ‘come in’ she entered the office where Professor Dumbledore was seated behind his desk he gestured for the chair opposite . She sat down and Professor Dumbledore asked “Have you had a good year?”
“Yes its been very good”
“Well that’s good, your exam results are exceptional I know Professor Snape is most pleased with you”
“Thank you”
“Now do you remember at the beginning of the year I said you reminded me of someone?”
“Yes sir”
“Well I have remembered who it is now”
“Oh well then who is it?”
“Sirius Black.” Jane looked at him shocked she thought she was nothing like her relative. “I can see from your face that you are shocked at this”
“Yes Professor no offence but I don’t see how on earth I am related to a murderer”
“That is where you wrong, it is been found that Sirius Black is not actually what the world perceived him to be ,he is in fact an innocent man who never committed a crime,” Jane felt happy to know that her second cousin had committed no crime. “Well then why was he put in Azkaban?”
“He was falsely accused”
“But I don’t see why we are similar”
“He was a gryffindor the first of his family and coincidentally your family”
“He was a gryffindor?” she asked surprised
“Yes and a very good one at that, I trust that you already knew that you and Sirius are related”
“Yes I saw him on a family tree and I saw him in Azkaban when visiting my aunt”
“It is very important to look at people as individuals instead of looking at their last name, now I think it is time for you to go to bed , goodnight”
“Good night professor” she said and made her way back to the dormitory thinking about what Dumbledore had said to her . Was she the same as Sirius? They were both the only Gryffindors in their families. She hoped that she would get to meet Sirius one day . She finished packing her stuff and then went to bed. The next day they all had breakfast and then went down to the Hogwarts Express. They boarded the train and Jane and Ginny got a compartment to themselves so they could talk. It had been a busy year for Jane she had made friends that she would never had dreamed of , she excelled in all her subjects and she had fallen in love. Just before the train pulled into Kings Cross Jane and Ginny went to find the others to say goodbye . She hugged Hermione, Harry, George and Fred and had even managed to get a hug of Ron she said to them “You all have to write to me this summer , I’m going to go crazy in the manor without you guys.” They all laughed and Jane and Ginny had one final hug before they all got off the scarlet train, they said good bye . Jane went to go get her belongings, her suitcase was quite high up and when she went to get it , it fell down but someone caught it before it hit her on the head she turned to face her rescuer. The handsome face of Cedric Diggory looked back at her “Thanks”
“Don’t mention it” he said with a wide smile. She got her owl and went to find her mother ; she found her waiting with Draco “Mum, I’ve missed you so much” she said hugging her mother
“I’ve missed you as well darling, shall we go home you need to tell me about your year.” And so the three Malfoys made their way back to their grand manor in Wiltshire ;Cedric watching Jane as she walked out of the platform her golden hair swishing behind her.