The Bully's Sister

The Secret Is Out

The couple slowly turned to see Jane’s white haired brother “What Draco?” She asked her brother annoyed,
“We need to go”
“Ok in a minute”
“No now” he said ignoring Cedric. He gave her a look that she understood to mean Dad is with them. “Cedric I need to go , I’ll see you on the first of September , I’ll write to you” she said hugging him
“Ok I’ll see you then bye Janey” he lifted her chin up and kissed her passionately much to the annoyance of her brother. Draco grabbed her hand and began tugging her away from her boyfriend, the kiss broke and she waved to Cedric as she and her brother made their way into the woods. “Why did you have to drag me away from he just asked me to be his girlfriend”
“Well congratulations but if you haven’t noticed I don’t like seeing my little sister kissing someone.”
“What’s happening then?” Jane asked
“The death eaters are just going to have some fun” he smirked
“That’s sick Draco even for you” she said disgusted
“Hey I’m not the one doing it , just waiting for father to finish leading them”
“Well what am I doing then?”
“Going home with mother, I’m taking you to her now.” He did as he said and led her to their mother who was waiting by a tree “Thank you Draco, come on Jane lets go home” Narcissa said to her children. She took Jane’s hand and they apparated home. The rest of the summer holidays proved to be most boring for Jane, she was writing to Cedric but really wished to see him. Given the normal circumstances she would have suggested meeting in Diagon alley but considering the dark mark had been cast at the quidditch world cup final and everyone was now more cautious it probably wasn’t the best idea. The mark had also caused her more unhappiness at the end of the holidays as her father and brother were excited by the dark symbol. She didn’t like seeing her brother adopting her fathers views as his own, it just wasn’t Draco. The only thing that brought her some happiness was that their father had told them that Hogwarts would be hosting the triwizard tournament, after some research in the Malfoy’s large library Jane was thoroughly excited about the dangerous competition.

She got her wish of seeing Cedric as it was now the 1st September and the siblings had got all their supplies for school at Diagon alley the previous week. They along with their mother and father were heading through the barrier of platform 9 ¾ . With their luggage on the train they gave a hasty goodbye to their parents and boarded the scarlet train. “Jane are you coming?” Draco asked, hoping she would be able to see Blaise and he could tell her his feelings. “No sorry I said I’d meet Cedric” she apologised, gave him a hug and went to find her boyfriend. He found her first, he and his friends were moving along the train when he spotted a distinctive tall girl with golden blonde hair ; his Janey. He wrapped his arms around waist and kissed along her neck and said “Guess who?”
“Viktor Krum?” She giggled
“Close” he laughed and she turned and hugged him , he kissed her head and then placed his hand in hers and turned to his friends “Guys I want you to meet my girlfriend Jane, Janey this Tom, Alice, Charlie and Luke,” they all said hello and she greeted them just the same. They were all in Hufflepuff and seemed nice enough “Shall we go and get a compartment?” Cedric suggested. They all nodded in agreement and Cedric led the way holding Jane’s hand the whole way to an empty. When they were in the compartment Cedric pulled Jane onto his lap and rested his head on her shoulder , occasionally kissing her cheek. The conversation of the journey consisted of summer holidays ,quidditch and the recent dark mark, the talk then turned to Jane “So you’re that Malfoy’s sister ?” Luke asked her
“Yep”
“How come you’re in Gryffindor then?” She never liked answering this question. “I don’t know guess I just don’t like and share the same values of slytherins” she said and then looked at the window. Why did so many people care about why she was in Gryffindor , it upset her that people judged her by last name and didn’t even give her a chance. She whispered to Cedric “I’m just going to go and get some air”
“Do you want me to come with you?”
“No I’m fine” she whispered and then made her way out of the compartment. She needed to breathe if there was one thing she hated it was being compared to her family. She walked down the corridor , she heard footsteps behind her “Hey Jane wait up” a female voice called out to her, she turned to see the light brown haired Alice. “Hi Alice”
“I just wanted to check you were ok, the boys can be pretty intense some times”
“Yeah I’m ok I just don’t like being compared to my family”
“I know how you feel , my older sister is the perfect child, she was a gryffindor, beautiful , smart and now she’s got a top job at the ministry”
“Wow hard to make an impression on your parents then”
“Yeah and don’t worry about Luke he doesn’t warm to people easily , which is odd considering he is a Hufflepuff”
“That is odd”
“I know , but you have made an impression on all the other boys”
“A good or bad one”
“Oh good , they really like you , all Cedric’s other girlfriends have been either really stuck up Ravenclaws or really dumb blonde Hufflepuffs and seeing as you don’t fit into either of those categories I say you’re doing pretty well so far”
“Thank you”
“He really likes you”
“Cedric?”
“Yeah, he’s never been like this with any other girl, he looks at you like he’d die for you , he’s so protective over you its so cute”
“I don’t know about that , but thank you I really like him too.” Back into the compartment Cedric was telling off one his best friends “Why did you have to say that to her?”
“I was just curious and how do you know she isn’t in Gryffindor just to be a spy on Potter”
“She isn’t, do you really think she would be spending time with me if she was.” Charlie the most sensible one out of the lot asked him “But seriously how is it going between you two?”
“Amazing , I just love being with her I’m so happy around her and I know she feels the same”
“Well then that’s good.” He said and then returned to his daily prophet, Cedric turned to his best friend “You like her don’t you?”
“Of course I do , she’s hot , a Gryffindor , got a little attitude and she makes you happy what’s not to like?” Tom said
“Good , but call her hot again and I will kill you.” At that moment the two girls came in giggling , Jane sat back down on Cedric’s lap and Alice sat opposite them. The rest of the journey went pretty quickly and Jane got that exciting feeling in her stomach when she saw Hogwarts when they were in the carriages leading up to the castle. When they reached the great hall Cedric pulled her away from his friends. “Well you passed the test all my friends liked you” he smiled down at her
“Good well you still have to meet my friends”
“Well when that day comes I will be as charming as you were today” he gripped her waist and kissed her she put her arms around his neck closing the gap between them. “We should go into the hall” she breathed
“Do we have to , can’t we just do this”
“I’ll see you later Cedric”
“Bye beautiful” he kissed her nose and they both went to their separate tables. Jane took a seat next to Ginny “And where were you on the train?” she smirked , Hermione now turned her head to the two girls and listened to the conversation as well “With a certain someone”
“And would this certain someone be in Hufflepuff , 17 and answers to the name Cedric” Ginny teased her
“You’re going out with Cedric Diggory” Hermione almost shouted , both girls shushed her “Be quiet Hermione hardly any one knows yet”
“Sorry, its just that he’s four years older than you Jane,” but before anyone could say anything else Professor McGonagall was leading the first years in. Jane remembered when this was her last year , she had been so scared about not going into Slytherin. A lot had happened since this time last year, she had a boyfriend , got new friends and had many fights with Draco. When the last child ‘Whitby, Kevin’ was sorted in Hufflepuff Dumbledore told them to ‘tuck in’ which each student did immediately . Luckily Jane didn’t have to reply to Hermione’s statement as she was currently refusing to eat the food as she claimed it was made by slave labour. She just had to face Fred and George “What’s this I hear about you going out with a certain Hufflepuff seeker” her ex boyfriend said to her
“Thanks Ginny” she said to her best friend
“You’re welcome”
“So you are going out with him” Asked George
“Yes I am problem?”
“No , no problem at all” George said . The twins then turned to talk to Lee Jordan. “So when did he ask you?”
“Quidditch final”
“Very nice , so are you happy with him?”
“Extremely , I just forget about everything when I’m in and its just us , its perfect”
“You know everyone’s going to know about this by tomorrow”
“I know , I don’t see why its so exciting though, anyway how’s it going with you know who?” she said jerking her head towards Harry. “Nothings happened if that’s what you mean”
“Sorry Gin.” The rest of dinner was thoroughly enjoyable and Jane and Cedric exchanged many longing glances , when everyone had finished their pudding Dumbledore stood and told them all the usual rules and with an added announcement that quidditch would not be taking place that year. A few angry mutterings took over the hall at this , Jane was upset for Cedric who had been so looking forward to playing this year, she gave him an encouraging smile, which he returned half heartedly. Suddenly someone came through the great hall doors, he had one false eye which moved in all directions, every inch of his face was covered in scars some a lot more gruesome than others and his grey hair stuck limply to his head. Professor Dumbledore introduced him as their Defence against the Dark arts teacher ; Professor Moody. Dumbledore saved the biggest announcement for last as he told the students that this year Hogwarts would be hosting the triwizard tournament at this Fred shouted “YOU’RE JOKING” most of the Gryffindor table laughed at this , Jane included. Everyone’s faces were filled with excitement but when Dumbledore mentioned ‘Death toll’ , many of the girls faces turned sour . The most disappointing news was that it was only open to students aged 17 and over. Jane’s stomach dropped she had not realised that the tournament was this dangerous and hoped that Cedric would be smart enough to not enter it. She was however disappointed when she looked over to the Hufflepuff table to see Cedric looking excited. It was then time for bed and Jane said to Ginny “I need to see Cedric , see you later.” She ran out of the hall hoping to catch Cedric before he went to bed , she grabbed onto his arm “I’ll see you later guys” he said to his friends who made their way to the badger common room. “Hey Janey” he smiled down at her
“You’re thinking of entering it aren’t you?”
“Of course why wouldn’t I”
“It’s dangerous Cedric”
“Aw is someone worried about me?” this caused her to fake punch him in the arm but then leant her head into his chest
“Yes I’m terrified” she said into his jumper
“Well Janey I probably won’t get picked any way and if I do I’ll be really safe I promise , I don’t want to die trust me” he said seriously “Plus I wouldn’t want to leave you on your own.” He squeezed her tightly and whispered “You mean a lot to me Janey”
“You mean a lot to me too” She said back, he pulled away and then lifted up her chin and looked into her eyes “You’ve got to trust me I won’t do anything stupid”
“I trust you”
“Good now I think its time we both went to bed , goodnight beautiful I’ll see you in the morning” he said and then kissed her fiercely. He brought his hands up to her face, he kissed more hungrily now as if he would never see her again , Jane brought the kiss to a close , taking his hands off her face , kissing each of them and said “Goodnight Cedric.” She waved as she went up the stairs , Cedric watching her until she was out of sight. Jane felt as if she was flying , she had never felt this way before ; well she had but the last time she had seen that person she had practically shoved a door in his face. She reached the common room where Fred and George were just going in. She searched the room for Ginny but couldn’t find her so she presumed she had gone to bed. She found her unpacking her stuff “Hey, you talk to Cedric?”
“Yeah , he wants to enter the tournament”
“That’s good isn’t it”
“Sort of , I mean if he wins I’ll be really proud of him but if he dies trying I don’t know what I’ll do” she said helplessly, Ginny came over to her bed and wrapped her arms around her “Well you’ll have me and don’t worry it won’t come to that , he wouldn’t leave you”
“You’re right Ginny thank you , you’re the best”
“I know I can’t help it,” the two girls laughed into the night.

The next morning the two girls were still giggling as they came down to breakfast, while they ate their pancakes many girls came up to Jane and said “Is it true that you’re going out with Cedric Diggory?”, to which Jane would always reply “None of your business” and each time Ginny would go “I told you so.” They were handed their new timetables for the year , Jane had chosen to do Care of magical creatures , Ancient runes and Artihmancy as her electives she couldn’t see the point in divination it was a load of nonsense . The two girls made their way down to Hagrid’s hut where they learnt about salamanders. Jane had her first lesson in Artihmancy which she enjoyed , next was transfiguration which she once again excelled at . By lunch came she was already exhausted , but her mood was cheered up by the arrival of Cedric “Hey Janey I was wondering if you wanted to have lunch with me”
“I’d love to but I said I’d eat with Ginny,”
“Ginny can eat with us as well” he said
“Go ahead Jane, I haven’t had a proper chat with Hermione in ages , go have fun” she said with a wink. Cedric took Jane’s hand and led her to the Hufflepuff where she was greeted by a smiling Alice. “Hi Jane how’s your day been going so far”
“Tiring,” Alice laughed at this and then returned back to her soup. “How’s your day been Cedric?”
“Boring, I missed you”
“I missed you too”
“We just had that Moody for a lesson”
“Was he a good teacher?”
“Well yeah but he was weird you know really weird,” They spent the rest of lunch talking and kissing receiving a few disgruntled looks from Luke. Jane said goodbye to Cedric and his friends except Luke. The Gryffindors had potions with the Slytherins which most of her lion friends were not looking forward to , Jane didn’t mind them as she was a favourite of Snape’s. The lesson passed quickly with everyone doing shrinking solutions, well some people didn’t manage to finish theirs as random explosions came off cauldrons. Jane had been awarded full marks for her potion, whereas Ginny had received an ok “I think that was really unfair , your potion was exactly the same as mine” Jane said as they walked to DADA, “Well its Snape what did you expect for him to give me a gold star , anyway how did lunch go with Cedric?”
“Good but I think one of his friends doesn’t like me”
“Well you can’t please everyone”
“I suppose not , I just want to know what I’ve done wrong” she said as they took their seats in the DADA classroom. They heard a clunking and then Moody banged the door open and told them to put their text books away. “Now today what I’m teaching yeh , you’d expect to find in a Care of Magical Creatures class but there’s something about this particular creature that has a special connection with the dark arts anyone know what it is ?” A few people nervously put up their hands but Jane’s was up first straight as a pin , Moody pointed to her and said “Yes Miss ?”
“Malfoy sir” he looked a little shocked to see a girl in a gryffindor uniform have the surname Malfoy, “It’s a snake sir”
“Correct, now in the past snakes have been used as weapon , their venom used to poison victims , been charmed by a wizard to do their bidding and you need to learn how to defend yourselves against them.” He then turned and brought out a small cage , most of the students were scared stiff , even Ginny moved back in her seat a bit for in the cage was a large slithering boa constrictor. Moody lifted the lid of , Jane moved to edge of the her seat , the snake peeked its head out of the cage, its eyes locked with Jane’s “Hey , I’m Jane , sorry you had to be used for my class , we’re supposed to be learning about dangerous you are , but I don’t understand that , you’ve always seem to be such a gentle animal to me” she said to the snake who slithered out of his cage and moved towards Jane “You can pet me if you like” he hissed. She reached her hand and stroked the snake , a smile spreading widely on her face. “Why has everything gone quiet?” she asked the snake
“You’re talking to me,” The snake was right as Jane turned her eyes away from the snake’s she saw the horrified looks of her classmates and a confused look on her teacher’s face , she turned to her best friend who was looking half scared half curious and a little bit sad. “They’ve discovered your secret” hissed the snake into the eerie classroom.