The Bully's Sister

Deadly Love

As she walked the long way down to the Hufflepuff common room, she wondered whether she had made the right choice , she did love Cedric but she also had feelings for Blaise , but he would never ever want to be with her , he only thought of her like a friend or a little sister. She turned the corridor and found herself face to face with Alice. “Jane what are you doing down here?”
“Oh I was going to see Cedric I need to talk to him”
“He’s missed you a lot”
“I’ve missed him too”
“He does love you , I know he was an idiot , still is a bit of an idiot but he does love you so much , he was miserable , I don’t think he’s slept in the last couple of weeks he’s going crazy”
“I’ve been exactly the same” Jane said quietly and a few tears streaked down her face , “Oh Jane, I’m so sorry I didn’t mean to upset you” Alice said pulling her into a hug , Jane put her arms round her neck , happy to have some comfort “Do you want me to go and get him?” Alice asked, Jane just nodded wiping her tears away with her sleeve. Alice went into the common room and a few minutes later a depressed looking Cedric came out. It was the first time Jane had really looked at him in a long time ; he was skinner, he looked tired and rough and had bags under his handsome eyes. “Janey what’s wrong?” he asked looking scared for her
“Oh nothing , I’ve made my decision.” Cedric looked scared but eager to hear her answer, “I do want to be with you”
“Really?” he said surprised but happy
“Yes its just that I’m scared that I’ll get hurt again”
“Janey I promise you that for as long as I live I will never ever hurt you again, I will protect and love you until I take my dying breath” he said holding her hand and looking deep into her eyes. She kissed him and he picked her up, she wrapped her legs around his waist and deepened the kiss, Cedric laughed at her forwardness and wrapped his arms around her in a protective grip , never wanting to let go. They stopped kissing and looked into each others eyes “I’m sorry I truly am my beautiful Jane” he said to her “I forgive you my handsome Cedric” he smiled widely at this. “Have you broken up with Cho yet?” Jane asked fearing his answer , “I broke up with her straight after the second task, I felt like I was cheating on you” he said pushing some of her golden hair behind her ears. They went and sat down in a concealed part of the corridor “You looked so beautiful at Yule Ball , I couldn’t take my eyes off you,” he said to her in admiration causing her to blush “Thank you”
“So who was the guy you went with?” he asked trying to act casual
“A very good friend”
“How come I’ve never seen you with him?”
“We don’t hang out as much as we used to but I don’t want to talk about him , can we change the subject?”
“Sure, I was wondering that since we didn’t get to go to the Yule Ball together we could have our own one”
“How?”
“There’s a room on the seventh floor called the room of requirement and it can be anything you want it to be”
“Ok but you have to ask me properly”
“Ok , Jane Adeline Malfoy will you do me the honour of accompanying me to the Yule Ball ?”
“I will”
“Great” He kissed her lightly on the lips and then said “ Its getting late and we have lessons tomorrow, come on I’ll walk you to your common room” they walked together her hand in his. They reached the portrait where the Fat Lady was sleeping “I guess I’ll see you tomorrow”
“Yes you will, I’ll come and pick you up for breakfast, good night I love you so much” he said kissing her “I love you too” Jane said and then went into her common room, where she ran to Ginny and almost screamed “Guess who’s back together ?”. Ginny could see in her eyes that she and Cedric had made up but decided to have a little fun with it “I have no idea”
“Have a guess?”
“Um Fred and Angelina?”
“Uh no , but you’re telling me about that later , no its me and Cedric we’re back together” She said a wide smile gracing her face. “Jane that’s great” she said hugging her best friend in congratulations. They spent the rest evening catching up on the week’s gossip. As promised the next morning Cedric was there waiting outside the entrance to the Gryffindor common room , he hugged Jane closely and gave her a quick peck on the lips and they along with Ginny made their way down to the great hall , “How about you eat at our table today?” Jane suggested
“Sure” he said following the two girls. They had an enjoyable breakfast but a painful goodbye when it was time for them to go to their separate classes and ended with Ginny having to tear the two of them apart as they could not stop running their hands over each others bodies. One person who was not happy to see the two at breakfast was Blaise , he knew this would happen he just didn’t want to believe it would and especially so soon. When Jane had come out of the water as Cedric’s treasure however Blaise thought it was only a matter of time before Jane ran into his arms. Daphne noticed the sudden change in Blaise’s behaviour and immediately comforted her best friend “Hey I’m sure they’ll be over in a few weeks and if not , there are other girls Blaise you’ll find someone else”
“But what if I don’t want to find someone else, what if the only person I will ever be happy being with is her”
“Blaise what is so special about her anyway ? In case you haven’t noticed you are quite popular yourself with every other girls in slytherin and a few Ravenclaws why not go out with one of them?”
“Because I only want her” he said and then stormed off in a huff. Nobody understood how he felt , Draco and Daphne thought they understood him , but they had no clue , he felt so depressed every minute of every day . It wasn’t that he even wanted a girlfriend he just hated seeing Jane with someone else , he knew how happy he could make her and her him but she would never be interested she would only think of him as an older brother, nothing more , nothing less.

Jane oblivious to Blaise’s pain , was on cloud nine , everything was going well , her grades had gone up , she didn’t have the urge to throw up and most of all Cedric was back in her life and tonight was the night they would have their own Yule Ball. The minute afternoon classes had finished she rushed to her dorm and prepared herself for the evening ahead. As she was putting on her earrings Ginny came in holding something in her hands “What’s that ?” Jane asked pointing to the material in Ginny’s hand. “You have to promise me you won’t tell a soul about this?”
“I swear”
“Well this is Harry’s invisibility cloak.” Jane’s mouth widened , she had thought that they were just myths “Why do you have it then?” Jane asked curiously
“Its for you”
“Me , why me ?”
“Well I thought that you wouldn’t really want everyone to see you in your dress or get caught coming back late, so I asked Harry if I could borrow it and he said it was fine,” Jane ran and hugged her best friend “Thank you so much this is so cool” she said. She applied the finishing touches to her outfit and then said goodbye to Ginny “Good luck , I’m sure you’ll have fun” Ginny winked, Jane just rolled her eyes and threw the cloak over herself and quickly proceeded out of the common room. She made her way up to the seventh floor where she saw Cedric wearing his dress robes waiting. “Cedric its me” she said making him jump , “Merlin’s beard Jane you scared me where are you?”
“Under the invisibility cloak now can we go in” , he merely nodded and walked past a wall three times and a door appeared and Cedric opened it and went in Jane following close behind. The room almost looked like the great hall did in the Yule Ball it was amazing. “Close your eyes” she instructed Cedric , he did as commanded she slipped off the invisibility cloak and told him to open his eyes , he looked like he had just been stunned “You are so beautiful.” He took her hands and music began playing , they danced slowly and closely for what seemed like hours , just laughing and talking and whispering sweet nothings into each others ears. Jane yawned and Cedric laughed “Someone’s tired”
“I don’t care, I want to spend every minute of this night with you”
“Who said it had to end? But if you are tired I do have an idea”
“Oh yeah what’s that?” she asked , but Cedric didn’t answer instead the Yule ball was replaced with a bedroom. “Wow that was so cool” Jane said in astonishment , but her eyes widened in horror at the sight of the double bed. She was not ready yet. Cedric seemed to read her mind and quickly said “Janey that’s not why I brought you here I promise , I just thought it would be better than having to walk back to our dorms alone”
“I don’t have any pyjamas” she said slightly embarrassed. “That is already sorted” he pointed to another door and Jane opened it to reveal a bathroom and she saw some pyjamas out of the corner of her eye. “I’ll be five minutes” she said to Cedric and then locked herself in the bathroom. She couldn’t believe it , she was going to sleep in the same bed as Cedric Diggory , she found the pyjamas , a jumper that she presumed to be Cedric’s and a pair of her own pyjama shorts. ‘How did that get in here?‘ She thought to herself then it clicked Ginny!! Jane laughed to herself and put on her pyjamas , brushed her teeth and hair and then made her way out to her boyfriend. Cedric who had got changed himself was in a pair of shorts and nothing on top. His chest looked like it was chiselled and to add his skin was golden and his arm muscles made her go weak at the knees, Jane bit her lip, her eyes sparkling with excitement “Like what you see?” Cedric joked and Jane ran over to Cedric who was now lying on the bed. She fell into his arms and he buried his head into her hair, both laughing , enjoying being in each other’s company. Jane snuggled into his chest and he kissed her head , they talked about anything and everything , when something popped into Jane’s head “Cedric what are you plans for the future?” He considered this for a moment and then said “I’ll leave Hogwarts and get my own place which you can stay at during the holidays and find a good job maybe at ministry or on a quidditch team. Then once you’ve finished Hogwarts we’ll get married and have children and live happily ever after.” Jane’s heart swelled at this , he wanted to marry her and have children with her , but then a thought came into her mind , she was going to be a death eater and no death eater would ever marry a Hufflepuff. Her mood suddenly dropped and she whispered “Cedric its never going to be that simple”
“I know but if we believe it will be it will make it easier, Janey are you ok?” he noticed her eyes welling up “Cedric there’s something I haven’t told you”
“Janey what’s wrong you’re scaring me?” Jane gulped , how could she tell him , he would surely hate her and she would be alone again but he had just told her that he wanted to be with her “When I was a baby , Lord Voldermort” Cedric winced at the name “Well he told my parents that when I was 15 I would join the death eaters and my parents being my parents didn’t object and so that’s my future” she was now in floods of tears and to her surprise Cedric hugged her closer and rocked her like a baby as she wept, “Oh Janey, my beautiful , beautiful Janey I’m so sorry” he whispered and kissed her every where on the face, he couldn’t believe that his little Janey , his beautiful girlfriend would have to become a cruel heartless monster “Janey I’m going to do everything in my power to stop you from becoming that”
“There’s nothing you can do , this is what my life is going to be” she said sadly
“No its not you’re going to come and live with me and I’ll put protective charms around the house to stop them from getting you and in case you’re forgetting the You know who isn’t back yet”
“But he will be , I know it, I’m sorry that I’ve ruined tonight”
“You haven’t ruined it all , don’t think like that , Jane I love you no matter what, death eater or not , ok we’re supposed to be together and I’m not going to throw away what we have from some old evil man, nothing will stop me loving you” he said and kissed her fiercely, his hands on her waist , she kissed back and pulled Cedric on top of her , loving being this close to him. She snaked her hands into his hair and he littered kisses down her neck and he finally brought his face to hers , their eyes connected like never before and softly kissed her lips , fireworks erupted in her head and Cedric put all the things he couldn’t say into that kiss and Jane realised that she would be safe , even if Lord Voldermort did return, for Cedric would die to protect her.

Sunlight flooded into the room the next morning , a yawn escaped Jane’s mouth and she turned to see Cedric in a light sleep. She smiled to herself and then looked around to a clock on the bedside , it read 10:00 , thank god its Saturday Jane thought and made her way off the bed and over to the window where she could see all the Hogwarts grounds and the sunlight dancing on the lake. She spent a few minutes admiring the silent beauty , she felt a pair of arms snake around her waist and felt Cedric place his lips on her shoulder , she kissed him back on the cheek and said “Morning love”
“Morning beautiful, you know this is how I want to wake up every morning”
“Me too” Jane said sadly as she knew it would never be that simple, her parents wouldn’t allow to date cedric , not that she cared what they thought it just made things a lot harder. They spent the rest of the morning in the room of requirement and then when it was time for lunch made their way down to the Great Hall. They separated at the doors reluctantly both off to their separate friends. Jane had a smile that she couldn’t wipe off and was on a dream land so she didn’t see Blaise and ended up bumping into him. “Oh Blaise I’m sorry I didn’t see you there” she said looking into his chocolate eyes that she had always loved, “Don’t worry about it” he said sadly ,
“Are you ok Blaise?”
“Yeah why would you ask?”
“Its just that you don’t seem your usual self”
“What’s my normal self?” he said using anything to have a longer conversation with her , just a second longer to look at her lightly freckled face and her blue eyes, just a second longer to watch her beautiful laugh and smile. “Happy, light hearted , funny, has the most amazing smile”
“I think you must have me confused with someone else”
“No Blaise you’re the one and only.” His heart raced at her words and his mouth formed into the first real smile in months. “See there’s the Blaise I know” She laughed , he merely nodded and then said “I have to go now Jane , it was great seeing you.”
“What no hug?” Jane said with a pout , she was driving him into insanity did she want him to fall even more in love her. He went over to and wrapped his arms around her waist inhaling her scent ; cookies and lavender. She wrapped her arms around his neck , unaware the effect she was having on the best friend of her brother. They parted slowly and waved silently to the other and made their way to their separate tables. Jane seated herself opposite Ginny “Someone looks very happy , how was your evening?” Ginny asked
“Perfect , absolutely perfect” and then proceeded to tell Ginny about last night’s events.

The skies were getting bluer and the flowers were blossoming , Cedric and Jane’s relationship was only getting better and the two were inseparable. It was nearing Easter and Jane and Draco had decided to stay at Hogwarts instead of going to the manor but their mother made sure they got their very large presents. Near the end of May , Cedric came and found Jane in the library and told Jane of the first task “They’ve turned the quidditch pitch into a maze and we have to fight creatures and spells and the first one to reach the cup wins”
“Wow , not easy then”
“Not exactly, so I need to practice non stop”
“Well if you need any help , you know where I am,”
“Thanks beautiful.” The days between the last task were long and hard and Jane was even more fearful for Cedric’s safety. But the day of the task came and to Jane’s surprise Cedric was waiting outside Gryffindor tower acting completely normal , with no fear in the world. “I thought we could go for a walk this morning” He suggested
“Yeah ok” Jane agreed and the two made their way out of the castle and began walking around the lake. They came to a tree and sat down , Cedric’s arm around Jane’s waist and her head on his shoulder. Neither of them said anything just looked lovingly at each other. Jane decided to ask Cedric the question she had been burning to ask him all year, “Cedric why did you enter the tournament in the first place?” Cedric hesitated before answering, “I wanted to make you proud and never be embarrassed or ashamed of who I was , winning the tournament would mean being famous and rich , something I know your parents look for and I thought that would be the quickest way to prove to your parents that I would be best for you.” Jane sat there stunned “You did this competition for me , you risked your life for me”
“Yeah of course , you mean everything to me”he said and slowly kissed her on lips. Jane kissed back hungrily , she couldn’t believe that he was willing to die for her just to prove to her parents that he would be suitable to date her. A sound of footsteps running towards them , stopped their kiss , they looked up at Alice “Cedric your parents are here” she said out of breath ,
“I suppose we better go , thanks for the message Alice.” The three of them then made their way up to the castle and Jane went to turn up to the staircase but Cedric caught her arm “Where are you going?”
“To the common room”
“I want you to meet my parents” Cedric said
“I don’t think that’s a good idea”
“Please Jane I want them to meet the girl I’ve been telling them about”
“You told them about me?”
“Yeah of course you’re my girlfriend”
“You didn’t tell them who I was did you?” Jane asked anxiously , fear spreading through her body
“No I just told them about this amazing girl, come with me please Jane?” He asked and his hand out for her to take , she reluctantly took it and followed him into the chamber of the Great hall. A man with a brown beard and a lady with a motherly look about her approached them excitedly , there was much praise for Cedric and 5 minutes later Cedric finally got round to introductions “Mum , Dad I’ve got someone I want you to meet , this is Jane”
“It’s a pleasure to meet you” Jane said and was pulled into a hug by Cedric’s mother but his dad was still looking a bit wary of her “Jane who?” he asked
“Just Jane” Cedric said shooting a look towards his mother , who placed a hand on his father’s arm and he instantly backed off. Cedric conversed with his parents and Jane looked around the room , Fleur was there with her sister and her mother speaking in rapid French , Krum was talking with his mother and father and in the corner was Harry with a red headed woman and a red haired young man , Harry caught her eye and gestured her over and said to the other two “Bill , Mrs Weasley this is Jane,” at the name ‘Weasley’ Jane became intrigued and asked “Your Ginny’s mum and brother?”
“You know my daughter?” Mrs Weasley asked
“Yeah , she’s my best friend, I’m Jane Malfoy” Both Weasleys looked a bit cautious but then Mrs Weasley’s face broke into a smile “Lovely to meet you Jane , Ginny’s told us a lot about you”
“She’s told me about a lot about you” Jane spent a good ten minutes talking to the Weasleys and Harry, but felt a hand in hers and she realised Cedric was wanting her back “I must go , it was lovely meeting you both , see you later Harry” She said the last part in parseltongue , harry just rolled his eyes and waved her goodbye. Jane had lunch with the Diggory’s and was quizzed thoroughly, it was clear however that the Diggorys loved their son more than anything and were more than proud. As they were leaving the Great hall , Jane was stopped by her brother who pulled her into a broom cupboard. “What do you think you’re doing?” She hissed at him
“Why were you eating with the Diggorys?”
“Hm I don’t know , maybe because they’re my boyfriend’s parents”
“Yeah well you shouldn’t be connected with those sort of people”
“Was there an actual for you bringing me in here or was it just your pureblood mania?”
“No there was an actual reason, I want you to sit with me tonight, if you want to of course.” Jane was shocked that those words had come from his lips “Of course I will Draco, who would of known you would be so sweet” She joked and threw her arms around his neck
“Its been known to happen” he said while hugging his little sister back. The two left the broom cupboard and Jane went to find Cedric who was sitting on the steps in the entrance hall and for the first time that day he looked nervous “Hey you ok?” She asked sitting next to him, placing her hand on his
“Yeah just a little nervous,”
“You’re going to be amazing”
“Thanks” He said quietly. “I want you to promise me something” Cedric said to her slowly “If I don’t come back”
“Don’t say that , please don’t”
“Janey , just listen , if I don’t come back I don’t want you to be upset by my death I want you to move on in life , I’m not saying forget about me I’m just saying find someone who loves you as much as I do and if Voldermort ever comes back , kick his ass for me.” Tears were now spilling like waterfalls from Jane’s eyes , she clung onto his arm and sobbed into his shoulder “Janey please can you promise that, I need to know you’ll be alright , please promise me”
“I promise , but you have to promise me something”
“Ok what is it?”
“Come back to me” she said and curled into chest crying her eyes out, he almost laughed and said “I promise.” He kissed her cheek and she kissed his back and said “I love you Cedric Diggory more than anything else in the world”
“And I love you Jane Malfoy more than life itself.” They kissed on the lips , both expressing their feelings for each other when their lips touched. “Come on we better get to dinner” Cedric said and took her hand and they went into the Great Hall. Jane and Cedric ate at the Hufflepuff table and then when it was time for Cedric to leave Jane hugged him so tightly she could have killed him , she kissed him quickly and said “I love you so much”
“I love you too , my beautiful Janey.” When all the champions had left the hall , Jane made her way over to the slytherin table were Draco was waiting for her along with his friends and to Jane’s pleasure Blaise . She hugged her brother and Blaise and they made their way down to the quidditch pitch. Blaise could see how nervous she was and hated seeing her so scared , so her wrapped his arm around her as they walked , she sent him a small smile in gratitude. They found their seats and Jane then searched for Cedric. The crowd was cheering. Cedric searched for the eyes he longed for and connected with them. He smiled at his Janey and mouthed ‘I love you’ to which she replied ‘ I love you more’, he laughed with her. Then it was time , Jane grabbed Draco’s hand out of fear and he smiled at her reassuringly , the whistle went and Cedric’s fate was from then on sealed. They exchanged one last loving glance and then he was gone. “Do you think he’ll be ok?” Jane said worriedly
“He’ll be fine” Draco said. About half an hour later Fleur was back with McGonagall , now more of a chance for Cedric Jane thought. Another half an hour later Krum was back with Hagrid. Just two to go thought Jane. An hour later Jane was practically breaking Draco’s hand , waiting in baited breath . Then suddenly a flash and Harry arrived back clutching someone’s body . He was crying and hugging the motionless body desperate to be unattached to it, “Draco who’s Harry holding?” she asked stuttering praying that it wouldn’t be her Cedric, but Draco couldn’t answer out of shock and he couldn’t break his little sister’s heart like that “Draco tell me” she said quickly , her hands were now shaking. She went to run to the stairs but a pair hands prevented her from moving. She turned around to see her brother holding her, confirming her suspicions “Let me go” she said wrestling out of his clutch. She ran unevenly down the wooden steps and onto the dry grass , she then saw what she feared the most . The world became a blurred vision, she couldn’t hear , she couldn’t breathe, she couldn’t see . Many people tried to grab hold of her , to protect her from the danger of seeing her dead love, but she pushed them off and ran to her Cedric. She collapsed by his body and clung on to his shirt tears pouring out of her eyes, she wanted to hold him forever, she wanted to someone to kill her so she could be with him. She looked at his white shell shocked face and kissed every inch of it . She turned to Harry also weeping he was about to be taken away by Alastair Moody when he shouted to her “ He told me to tell that he loves you so much and he’s sorry he broke his promise” Jane broke into uncontrollable tears. He was gone. Really gone.