The Bully's Sister

Azkaban

Jane spent the rest of the year reading books and practing the piano to perfection, but that wasn't enough . She was bored. So bored , her life wasn't interesting , her father was busy with work that he had hardly any time for her not that she minded , she tryed to spend as little time with him as possible. Her ralery saw her mother either as she was often on visits to friends or trying to get Bellatrix out of Askaban .

Jane could see that her mother had been pained for the past 10 years , her eyes were sunken in , she was cold and bony and rarley smiled . Jane could understand , she didnt know how she would cope if Draco was in prison for something she knew he did . She thought that must have been the hardest part for her mother having the stares and whispers and the hurring away of young children because 'she might be twice as mad as the other one'. It affected Jane and Draco's life as well , more Jane's than Draco's as he never paid attention to anyone but himself , but Jane she could feel the glares of passer's by , sometimes mother's would make their children go the other side of them to prtoect them from a ten year old girl. Jane laughed at this , if they thought she was so terrible she might has well have some fun with it , so when ever parents came by with enfants she would do her aunt's famous cackle and this would make them sprint in the opposite direction.

It was July and Draco would be returning in a few days and Jane decided she wanted to get her mother out her melancholy mood . After she had finished her breakfast she approached her mother's study and knocked on the door "come in" her mother called

"what is it?" Narcissa asked tiredly

"well , I have an idea and well , um , um"

"spit it out Jane"

"ok well as you miss Aunt Bella so much , i was thinking we should go and visit her" jane almost whispered , fearful of her mother's reaction.

" that's a brilliant idea" her mother squealed and went and hugged her daughter and spun her around. Jane was content her plan had worked.

So the next day Jane and Narcissa departed to Azkaban . When they arrived it was freezing and the sea was crashing against the rocks . The dementors flew overhead , Narcissa shuddered at the foul creatures but Jane just stared .She had read about them and was aware of their effect people but they did not seem to make her feel sad or scared , she just felt normal. Her mother hurried her in , she spoke to one of the ministry workers who then lead them up flights of stairs . It was dark. Cold .The smell made Jane want to vomit. As they passed the volts of the other prisoners , people screamed out , some were half mad others were just a minute away from death. Jane felt her eyes watering , yes they were awful people who had done awful things but she couldnt help but want to save them and feel sorry for them.

They passed a cell named 'Sirius Black' , Jane stopped she recongised the name .

"Mother isn't that" But before she had time to finish the sentence her mother said "no , no it's not" and hurried Jane along . Then she realsied who it was. It was her mother's cousin Sirius Black. Jane had always wanted to meet him , he was the only gryffindor of the family and had managed to escape the family's cruel clutches . She wondered then how did he end up here.

They finally reached her aunt's cell. This was it . She was going to meet her for the first time.

"Bella" Narcissa called out

"Cissy?" a hoarse voice called back

"yes it's me, come in to the light i wish to see you"

A figure soon approached the wrought iron bars , disheveld hands clasped around the bars, the fingers held on to them for dear life , almost as if the person couldn't stand properly. Dirty , bitten , bleeding finger nails accompained the bony fingers. Small , dirty, ghostly white feet dragged across the stone cold floor. A mass of liquorice coloured curls surrouned the skelatal head of Jane's aunt. Then a flick and charcol eyes were before Jane.

The eyes of a murderer.