Status: Contains strong language and violence. Sequel maybe???

Haunted

It Rains When You're Here and it Rains When You're Gone

Two days later, Liam and I were on the couch watching a movie when my phone rang. “Hello?”
“Can I talk to you?” It was Xander.
“Yeah,” I muttered, going into the back yard and pulling the door shut behind me. “What’s up?”
“You moved back in with Liam.”
“Yeah, it’s all sorted now.”
“All sorted? He hit you for Christ’s sake Danni, what the hell are you doing?”
“It was a one-time thing, he won’t do it again.”
“How do you know?”
“I’m sorry Xander but I think I know him better than you do,” I exclaimed, annoyed at how rude he was being. He barely knew me, let alone Liam. Who was he to judge?
“I’m not gonna argue with you, do what you want, just be careful.”
“I will.” I ended the call, shocked at how he’d acted. I thought he would understand. The last thing I needed was to fall out with him. We got on so well and I’d hate not seeing him again.
“Who was that?” asked Liam as I returned to the room.
“Elisha,” I lied.
“What did she want?” It took all my strength not to tell him to shut up. I was already pissed off and I didn’t need him getting curious.
“Just checking I was okay,” I said calmly.
“Couldn’t you have spoken to her in here?”
“I didn’t want to ruin the film.” He shook his head. It was almost as if the fact that I went outside angered him. Why was everyone acted like I’d committed bloody crime of the century?
“I’m gonna take a shower,” I decided.
“Get me a beer while you’re up.” I rolled my eyes but did as I was told before going upstairs. Liam was really beginning to get on my nerves. The past few days, he’d acted like I was his damned slave. For some reason I was scared to refuse his orders. I knew he wouldn’t hit me again but something in his eyes told me not to mess with him. Nowadays, it seemed like whatever I did was never good enough. I didn’t even know myself what I wanted. Whenever he was around, all I wanted to do was cry but I knew I couldn’t live without him.

Xander’s POV
I paced up and down the living room, scared stiff for Danni. What the hell was she doing back with that prick? Words couldn’t describe how furious I was. Seriously, the only thing stopping me from going round and telling dipshit what I thought of him was the price Danni would have to pay after I’d left. The thought of what he was doing to her right now killed me. Going into the kitchen, I grabbed a beer and went upstairs to watch TV. I was meant to be writing for my new album but there was no way I could concentrate until I’d figured out what to do.

Danni’s POV
After my shower, I put on some jeans, a white chiffon blouse and some black loafers. (http://www.polyvore.com/dannis_outfit/set?id=57344389 )Then I brushed my hair into a ponytail and went downstairs. “Where are you going?” asked Liam.
“Out.” I was going to Isabelle’s but I wasn’t planning on telling him.
“It’s not with that dickhead that was here the other day.”
“Don’t be like that.”
“Who was he anyway?”
“A friend.”
“Whatever. Be back by ten.”
“Whatever,” I mocked, walking out. It was then I realised how stupid I was. Liam owned the house and everything inside. Except Oreo of course. I guess it didn’t really matter before, when I thought we’d be together forever. Now I wasn’t really sure. If things went wrong again, I would be left with nothing.

After half an hour walking, (I didn’t take the car in case Liam worked out where I was) I arrived at Isabelle’s. She got us some drinks and we sat and had a catch up. “Xander told me you’re back with Liam then.” I nodded, dreading the lecture that was sure to follow.
“It’s really none of my business so I’m not gonna start telling you what to do, just please be careful.” I smiled, that was all I needed: someone to be supportive. Right now, I needed someone to talk to, and I knew she would listen.
“I will, it’s just…I thought we would go back to how we were.”
“But…?”
“But we haven’t. He’s been treating me like shit since I moved back in, it’s like he doesn’t care about me anymore. I’m just his damn servant. ‘Danni, make the bed,’ or ‘Danni, get me a beer.’ He never says he loves me and he never apologised for hitting me. I feel like he doesn’t even love me now.” Isabelle wrapped her arms around my shoulders and pulled me in for a hug. I felt more tears escape my eyes.
“Why don’t you talk to him?” I shook my head. “Why not? If he wants to be with you, he needs to start showing it. Even though he does think you cheated on him, that’s no excuse to be like that. If he’s not planning on forgiving you, he should end it and let you move on.” I cried some more. I kept telling myself to stop; scared she’d think I was some psycho woman that was on the edge of a nervous breakdown. Deep down though, I knew she’d never judge me. “If he hits you again, you come straight here and we’ll tell the police, yeah? You shouldn’t be made to feel like crap after everything you’ve been through.” I forced a smile. “You gonna tell him yeah?” I nodded. Like I said - she was bloody perfect. She could make the scariest of things seem like a piece of cake. Considering she was only sixteen, she was a bloody genius and so mature for her age. “I’ll talk to him yeah,” I said, and for the first time in days, I wasn’t lying.
“That’s good, don’t wimp out yeah. You be strong. Now, do you want another drink?”
“Go on then.”

By the time I left Isabelle’s, it was gone midnight. She’d refused to let me home until I had a smile glued to my face. “What time do you call this?” Liam said, his voice calm but his eyes burning with rage. I looked at my watch.
“Let me see…twelve thirty two,” I giggled
“You’re drunk.” I’d only had a few glasses but I was such a lightweight, you’d think I’d have a bottle.
“Am I? Whoops.”
“Fucking sober up will you?”
“Ooh that reminds me. I have to talk to you.”
“What?”
“Since I moved back in, you’ve been treating me like crap, what is your problem? If you’re gonna keep being like this, well I know where the door is.”
“Oh shut the fuck up.” Shocked at his angry tone, I immediately sobered up a bit.
“Why should I?” I asked, downing a glass of water.
“Do you not think maybe you deserve this?”
“What?” I asked in shock.
“You cheated on me, you lied to me. You’re lucky I took you back. You live in my house, it’s under my rules.”
“You said we were even.”
“I lied. It hurts being lied to, doesn’t it?” he said menacingly.
“You’re the one that told me to come home!” I yelled. Smack! Another one across the face. I sunk to the floor, clasping my face.
“Do you know why I fucking asked you to come home? Because no one else wants you, do you not see? You’re nothing but a stupid worthless little girl. If I didn’t have you, you’d be alone. You want proof? How about the fact that your parents don’t speak to you? Or that you only have one friend? You need me Danni. Stop being so ungrateful and realise how much I’m doing for you.” Tears streamed down my face, because the physical pain and the mental pain put together was too much. He was right. Aside from Elisha, Xander and Isabelle were my only friends and they were only there because they felt sorry for me. Usually this is when I’d run to see Ryan. Not now though. I had nowhere to run. I was alone and that was what I deserved.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhhh...sorry for not updating the past few days, hope you like this though xoxo