Right Where You Want Me

Prologue

I groan as I lay on my friend's bed while he gets ready for his interview with a few bands at a concert. He's been wanting to interview famous/semi-famous people for so long. I'm not fond of interviewers, but he wanted me to go with him since his camera guy wasn't going to make it to today's concert.

I was the lazy type of girl, during the summer, who doesn’t like to cook. I, however, do clean and do their laundry and stuff, but after doing those chores, I lie down all day on my computer or watch a movie.

I'm also a movie junkie. You'll always catch me watching a movie any hour of the day. Comedy, Romance, Thriller, Action, so on and so on. I wasn’t very fond when it comes to Horror films. The loud pop out scenes or the leading to a loud noise, it all startles me and makes me scream. I’m a baby, yes, a baby. Not physically an infant but I get scared very easily and the guys love taking me to the cinema because they know I’ll be the only person in the audience screaming at the top of their lungs, while everyone else laughs at me.

As for friends, I live with my best friend Ryan and his other friend Joseph, Joey for short. Joey does the cooking while I do the cleaning. He wants to become a famous Chef like the ones on Food Network channel. Ryan just works a lot and also helps around the apartment also. We all basically have a nine to five job.

"Are you seriously dressing up like that?" Ryan smacks my leg while searching for a shirt in his drawer. He had a hell of a lot of clothes and I never knew why he struggles to find an outfit to wear. It’s just a band interview, it’s not like they’re going to ask him if he wants to join the band or something.

I sit up and throw my hands on my laps, keeping my eyes at him. "What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" I look down at my blouse. It was floral with some ruffles here and there. I had some denim shorts on that made my blouse stand out. I also had some nice sandals I had bought a few weeks ago. I looked fine; I don’t know what his problem is. It’s actually one of my favorite shirts to wear.

"That shirt, I hate it." He gives me a dirty look and takes out his camera bag from the desk and puts it on the bed. He has two jobs, interviewing was his side job, but he wanted to be a director in music videos or films, he wanted to get comfortable with interviewing people first and what not. His other job was a full time job at a music store. He was a manager assistant and he helped me get a job there since I moved out of my dorm and into his place. I’m twenty-two, almost twenty-three, and I have known Ryan since I was a little kid in elementary school. He was like a cousin to me, only sometimes he’d act like a brother and get over protective, but he was always busy with work related things so I never really see him.

"Hey, I get complimented when I wear it. Stop being a douche and go get laid."
He looks up at me, giving me a are you seriously telling me to get laid? kind of look that I knew made me look stupid. "Must I remind you I have girls like this." He snaps his fingers and smirks.

Ryan was that womanizer type of guy since high school. He was voted prom king twice and homecoming prince for the first two years of high school. He was also into playing guitar, bass, drums, piano etc etc. He was actually good looking, if you ask me. He annoys me so I can’t really answer that for you guys.

I roll my eyes and shake my head, "Philanderer."

He chuckles and puts on his black and white chucks and then gussies up on the mirror, checking his clothes, his jeans, his hair and most importantly his cologne, making sure everything was perfect and set. "Ready?."

“You know, not to offend you in anyway, but why are you getting all dressed up for an all boy band interview? Isn’t that kinda homo?”

He gives me a nasty glare and throws me one of his dirty shirts that lands on my face, “Shut up. I might pick up a hot chick tonight and who knows what’ll happen when I work my magic.” He pops the collar of his shirt and smirks at me.

I get off his bed and stand up with a smile, “Let’s go then.” My smile immediately goes away from my face when he stares at my shirt. "WHAT!?"

"I just don't like it. It looks like someone threw up a garden on you."
I heave a deep breath and slump my shoulders, "I'll change if it makes you happy." I say, sounding defeated as I make my way to my room.

I change into a pull over sweater I had cut a few months ago. It hangs from my shoulder and covers the other one. So basically my right shoulder is exposed. It was a Rufus, from Kim Possible, sweater that I got online. I was an online shopper, my weakness and my addiction. I don’t have an unhealthy obsession, but it does kind of get out of hand. I sometimes buy groceries online and have them delivered. Is that weird?

"Does this satisfy you?" I spin around for him once I approach his green Cobra Mustang with a black line going straight down the middle of the car. It was his baby, as he calls it, he was very eerie about letting people touch it or even bring water inside. It was kind of annoying, most of the times, but then I take a look at other people’s cars, and there’s some stains here and there. So I understand when he gets all grouchy about the cleanliness of his ‘stang’.

He glances at me from the side of his ‘stang’s trunk, and smiles for his approval. "Better."
Rolling my eyes, I smile and take my phone out from my back pocket. I had about three unread text messages and a missed call. I unlock the screen with my passcode and click on the notifications icon to take a look at who it was that wanted my attention. I saw a few of my friend’s names on the screen; I didn’t bother to reply since I wasn’t in the mood to text anyone. Or use my energy up this early in the morning.
See what I mean by being indolent?

We pull up to the venue in about an hour or so and get our equipment out from the back trunk. I paced the giant camera on my shoulder and begin filming as we approached the venue. The venue was in the corner of the street, mostly black with a few black tiles. The windows were all glass, obviously, and there were numerous people lined up, outside, already. I take a look around the residential area and look at the parking lot. It was November and the clouds were dark and cloudy and it felt like rain was going to pay a visit to Pomona, California.

"All right, we're here today in Pomona at the Glass House for the Rock Yourself To Sleep Tour. Today I'll be interviewing Pierce The Veil and we'll see how this turns out."

"Pierce the what?" I say and immediately close my mouth as I forget I'm recording.
He rolls his eyes and smiles, "Pierce the Veil, one of the bands that are headlining with Bring Me The Horizon on this tour." He picks up the collar of his shirt, since the ‘Bring Me The Horizon’ is written across it with some monster in it. "Let's go inside."

Rolling my eyes, I follow after him. We flash our passes to the security guards, which are standing outside of the entrance, and we walk down the hallways towards their dress up room. There are multiple doors everywhere, all white, and I continue filming, passing each door.

"We are now heading towards PTV’s dress up room and in a matter of seconds we'll be meeting them for the first time."

"Do you even listen to them?" I question him with an apologetic smile.

"My girlfriend is a big fan of them so yes, I do. It's all I ever hear when I'm driving with her in the passenger seat. And I'm pretty sure I know all the lyrics to all three albums of theirs by now."

I chuckle and continue walking down the hall. His girlfriend is so adorable and just perfect. She cooks, cleans, does laundry for him when she stays over, brings him lunch to work and etc. Too bad he cheats on her all the time. I never really liked that about Ryan. Why are men assholes when they have a perfect girl in their hands? Not just men, women also. Nice people DO finish last.

We stop in front of their door where a paper that had “Los Pierce The Veils" written across, and was taped on the door. We also see that someone drew stick figures that are bowing down to the band’s name and saying "All hail PTV" and a sheepcat drawn on top of their names.

I zoom in with the camera and giggle at the doodle. I already like them so far. They’re comedians, I’m assuming, but it looks like this interview is going to be very interesting, something I’m also eager to film.

"Interesting." Ryan says and knocks on the door twice and steps back, looking at me, very eager to do this interview.

"They better not be dicks." I warn him, but he just glares at me and folds his arms across his chest.

"And you better not flirt with them."

I scoff, "I'm a very shy person. You swear the first thing I’ll do is give them googly eyes and bat my eyes at them every second.”

"Right."

We wait a few seconds and the door swings open a bit, revealing a tall lanky man that's covered in tattoos with a labret and medusa piercing, standing behind the door, very skinny and very tall. He wearing a beanie and also sunglasses. Wearing sunglasses INSIDE a building with no rays of sun shining? Either he’s blind or an asshole. He’s probably like all the other band members I had met, arrogant, rude, low temper and a hug ego eating inside of him.

He peers at Ryan and then looks at me and smiles instantly. Ryan shows him his pass.

"Well, hello there." The lanky man says and motions us to come in. I walk in slowly, after Ryan, and stand behind him, covering myself from the rest of the band. I get pretty nervous when I’m the only female around and inside a room filled with other tattooed people. It was a bit intimidating and something that scared me a bit. I know I shouldn’t be stereotyping them, but it was just awkward.

"Hi, I'm Ryan," he greets them all while I cross my legs and look down on my feet. My lips are pressed together, staying quiet and thinking about getting my phone out to distract myself from making a fool out of myself. I tend to do that frequently, a bad habit of mine, so I just stay quiet.

"I'm Vic," the short guy, with no visible tattoos but a piercing on his nose, shakes his hand. He’s also wearing a beanie with the letters LBG on the side, inside a circle. He’s wearing a white button up shirt with neon color cheetah prints scattered everywhere. Something I wasn’t expecting, according to the type of genre they play. He has some nice biceps and nicely tanned. He was long hair like the guy who ushered us inside and actually, I see a resemble form both of them.

"Jaime," the guy with dimples greets him next. He has flowers tattooed on his bicep and some words written around his arm, just underneath it. I also spotted a Mickey Mouse tattoo just behind his ear with two bones crossed and Mickey was bleeding. And lastly, I spotted a “Live In Love’ tattoo written across his wrist with the hand he shook Ryan with. He has no visible piercings like Vic. He’s wearing a Mexico soccer jersey; I’m assuming he’s from a Mexican descent. He has a very friendly smile as well and his hair was a bit long on each side and going towards different directions. I kinda like it.

"Tony," other guy covered in tattoos shook his hand. This guy has big tunnels on, and a dermal piercing underneath the corner of his left eye. The tattoo that caught my attention the most was his owl tattoo that was across his throat. He’s wearing a Dead View snapback, and a DV tank also. He had long hair but shaved on the side, I guess. What’s with all band members filling up their bodies with tattoos? What’s the point?

"Mike," the tall one that opened the door was last. I still didn’t like the idea of him wearing shades inside a shaded area. It was a new found pet peeve of mine.

I look away and them back at them when I feel that all their attention is towards me. My cheeks start to heat up at the site of them smiling at me, waiting for me to introduce myself. But no words came out of my mouth so I just smile and look away from them all, covering my mouth and a weird noise coming out of my mouth.

"She's shy. Well that's not her name," Ryan informs them and they all laugh, but I turn all the way around, my hand still covering my mouth. "She's Araceli, covering for my camera guy. Cheli!" he hisses at me.

"Sorry!" I shout, removing my hand from my mouth, still not looking at them, but turning my body towards them. I hear some of them chuckle. I pout my bottom lip and then wave at them with an apologetic smile. "Hi."

The tall guy chuckles and continues looking at me while the others greet me and make themselves comfortable on the yellowish couch, in front of Ryan and I.

Rubbing his hands, Ryan asks the boys, "Ready for this interview?"

"Ready than I'll ever be." The guy with dimples rolls his head, warming up his neck, and shakes out his shoulders. A giggle escapes from my mouth and he looks at me. I bite my lip and blush a little.

Mike gets up and grabs a chair and sits it in front of the couch, where everyone sat. "Here you go miss," he smiles at me and goes back to sitting on the arm of the couch, next to Vic, whose name I only remembered. I thank him and sit down and cross my leg over the other.

"Well, let's start. Please introduce yourself, tell us your role in the band and something about yourself." He hands each of them a mic and Vic starts off first.

"Well, I'm Vic, I sing and....I" he looks up and thinks of something to say. "Yeah, skip me, I suck."

We all erupted into laughter, while he licks his lips, looking at the guy next to him.
"I'm Jaime, I play bass and….I have dumb hair." He looks up, trying to see his hair and we laugh again.

So far, I’m liking this interview.

"I'm Tony, I play guitar, and I like turtles and star wars."

I squeal after the sound of one of my favorite films. They all look at me and Tony smiles, a very cute and adorable smile. Why haven’t I noticed it?

"She's a star wars fan too." Ryan comments while Tony looks at me.

"Sick," He smiles again., playing with his hands.

"I'm Mike," he waves at the camera. "I play the flute, abuse the drums with my sticks and I love Harry Potter."

"Believe him when he says 'loves' Harry Potter." Jaime adds rolling his eyes, playfully.

"Really now? Cheli over there named her owl Hedwig." Ryan looks at me and back at Mike. Mike's mouth is slightly open while he looks at me, in shock. "You have an owl?"

Stuttering, I reply, "Y-yeah." I break contact with his eyes and look away.

"Die-hard fan?" He asks me with a smile still plastered on his face.

"Uh, maybe....." I smile and he chuckles, while rubbing his arms.

"I have a few HP tattoos." He stands up and lifts up the bottom of his shorts to reveal his Harry Potter tattoos and I zoom in on it with Ryan’s camera. Then he shows us the palm of his hand, revealing The Deathly Hallows symbol. I smile widely as I stare at them.

"You really do 'love' HP." Ryan says.

"Ugh, it should be illegal. He dresses up like a freakin wizard when Deathly Hallows part II came out. He stood outside the theater place for a whole day until the premiere of the movie." Jaime scrunches up his nose in disgust.

Ryan laughs, "My sister is pregnant and Cheli, here, reads Harry Potter to her stomach every time we visit her. It’s kinda odd.”

"Hey! You're like a brother to me. So that baby is sorta my nephew. I want him to experience the beauty of the wizarding world of Harry Potter."

They all smile at me, Mike never leaves his eyes from me, just in complete utter shock which makes me more nervous.

"You and Mike would become perfect friends." Vic smiles at me motioning his hands together.

"Just look at Mike," Jaime shifts his sitting position towards Mike. "He's going to start fanboying about Harry with you after the interview. Just watch.” He chuckles.

"Am not!" Mike retorts playfully. After their little argument about Harry Potter and wizards, the interview begins. I sit back quietly, filming it all and capturing all their faces when each of them speak.

Ry: So your new album Collide With The Sky came out last month. How did that go for you guys?

Vic: Well, we got a lot of great feedback from our fans and friends. People have been going crazy, and buying the album and singing it. It’s been good.

Tony: Yeah, our major comment was that we got heavier.

Jaime: Yeah, I thought we went reggae on you guys. (points at the camera.)

Vic: We weren't expecting it to get heavy. Our manager just told us whatever we want to put into this album, to just go with it. Without fear. And it came out as a success according to our fans.

Jaime: We also added our Mexican tunes especially right smack in the middle of Bulls In The Bronx.

Vic: Yes, we did, we like to show part of our Latin heritage. My dad...mine and Mike's father...since he's my brother. My browskies. My hermano (stares at Mike) He taught me how to play guitar but the Spanish Jazz tunes since that's all he knows and I took some of the chords and collaborated it into the album. And the past albums we had.

Jaime: There's always a hint of our beaner side in every one of our albums.

We all laugh at his comment..

Ry: Amazing, tell me more about your songs. Singles? Music videos?

Mike: Our first single was King For A Day, a little collaboration we did with our friend Kellin Quinn from Sleeping With Sirens, who's actually in this tour with us.

Vic: Yeah, he comes out and performs with us on every show, this tour, which makes the fans even more stoked.

Jaime: We also made a music video on that song and Kellin is also in it. We got to hold guns. (Does a weird face that causes me to laugh)

Tony: We also robbed a bank. So that was cool.

Ry: Why did you guys end up robbing the bank?

Mike: We basically found out—well Vic and Kellin—that the owner of the bank owed about two billion dollars and we just decided to rob that bank so they would blame it on him and we won't ever get caught. It was a pretty intelligent idea. I sorta want to rob a band now.

Jaime: We're pretty sneaky. And if it were real, we wouldn't even be telling you this.

We laugh again.

Mike: Our second single is Bulls In The Bronx, which inspired Vic by a fan he encountered.

Vic: Yeah, we were recording one day and a guy sends out a message to us saying his best friend just committed suicide, and he told us that we were her favorite band and sent us a link to her Tumblr where there’s a video of her saying her farewell, saying she’ll never be special to anyone. It broke my heart and It haunted all week so I just wrote down what went on my mind and came up with that song. It made me upset knowing we lost a fan that is so young.

Ry: (nods) That’s very sad. I’m pretty sure she’s very thankful that you made a song about her on your album.

Vic: It’s what we do, like on your other albums, we always write about some of the tragic events that our fans had gone through or a friend of mine. It’s just to let the fans know that we do indeed care about them a lot and love each and every single one of them.

Jaime: We love you all. (Makes a heart with his hands)

Ry: (chuckles) Tell me about the album art work. What inspired you guys to make that actual picture in your Album cover.

Jaime: We had a few sketches down, which are featured in the album booklet, and we all decided the lady above the house was the one. Like the soulmate to this album.
Vic: For the record, Jaime is a very...romantic special person. (pats his back and rubs it)

Jaime: My mom always tells me that.

I giggle.

Mike: The artwork we chose....

The interview continues for a very long time. We were only supposed to interview them for an hour but they wanted to continue with the interview. They insisted so we couldn’t refused, even when they’re tour manager walks in and informs them to wrap it but, he ended up staying to watch the interview.

I ended up laughing a lot because Jaime and Vic were being goofy and then Mike and Vic started arguing with each other about who's bicep is bigger and other things. It was pretty hilarious, Ryan and I started to argue about something that caused all of them to laugh out loud. I swear Jaime cried because he laughed too hard.

We then wrapped it up and they say their farewells to the camera and fans.

"Thank you guys so much for your time and cooperation. It means a lot." Ry stands up and shakes all their hands and they all thanked him back, one by one.

"Are you really a die-hard Harry Potter fan?" Mike asks me, with his wide smile on, tilting his head to side, causing me to laugh.

"Well, I-uh..." I can't even speak. "I wouldn't consider myself a 'die hard' fan. I'm very fond of the books and films. I also dress up as a character every Halloween and rewatch the movies a lot and-"

"Yeah, die-hard fan." Ryan interrupts me.

"He was talking to me." I retort. I look back at Mike and notice he was still looking at me and I give him an awkward smile. We leave Ryan and the rest of the band and go into another part of the dressing room and I start putting away the camera.

"Where have you been hiding all my life?!" He asks as soon as we sit down on the couch, me continuing putting the camera inside the bag.

"W-what do you mean?"

"Well yeah, you love HP just as much as I do, you having a freakin owl and you're just gorgeous!"

I feel my face getting red and I look down at my feet, I need a pedicure, which was an irrelevant comment since the guy who I thought was an asshole turned out to be an awesome guy who’s interested in knowing stuff about me. It made me more nervous, which made me hate the fact that I’m a shy person. I wanted to chat with him but not the right amount of words came out of my mouth.

“T-thank y-you,” the heat continues to build up on my cheeks and ears.

"I bet you can't get your boyfriend off you." Now I’m pretty sure my whole face is red, like a tomato.

"I-I don't have a boyfriend." I bite my bottom lip, looking away from him. I couldn’t keep eye contact with him, longer than a few seconds.

"What?! Well they sure are missing out on an amazing girl like you.”

Mike and I continued talking and he was actually pretty cool, not what I was expecting. We talked here and there about things we liked and the more I said, the more he held a look of shock which just made me laugh. We were so wrapped in our conversation that we didn't notice the guys calling us until Ryan comes and stands beside me.

"Vic wants you; you guys go out in a little."

He nods his head at my roommate, expecting him to go back and continue our conversation, but Ryan gives me a questionable look.

"Mike, just get the girl's number already!" Vic yelled from where he was at.

"Yeah stop drooling and do it!" Jaime added.

I try to cover up the red seeping onto my face when I hear Mike speak up again. I look at him and he runs his hand through his hair awkwardly from being put on the spot. Before he could speak I reach for his hand, with confidence, and write my number down. The act caught him off guard and he looks at his hand and up at me and smiles.

"Mike!"

"I'm coming!" He yells back before talking to me.

"Well I got to go, call you sometime?" He winks at me before rushing to the band.
"What was that?"

Ryan snaps brining me back to reality. I realized I was staring in the direction Mike just ran off to. "What was what?"

"I thought you said you were 'shy' no flirting or giving them your googly eyes, remember. That was clearly flirting!"

"That? No! He was nice, what we can't be friends?" I gave him a smile before he gave in.

"Alright then, but I know that look on your face. You like him!"

I playfully hit his arm, "No! Like I said just friends."

"Whatever you say Cheli. Come on, let's go watch the show."

The whole performance, I couldn't stop looking at Mike. I mean I watched the rest of the band too but he caught my attention the most. During the transition to the next song he looks up from his drums and spots me, in the crowd, looking at him. He winks at me at gives me a smile before he starts to play again.

Maybe I could like Mike..if I didnt already? That is if he actually liked me too, for all I know he could have just been friendly like all the other band people who just wants to get laid. My mind was off thinking out the possibilities that I didn’t realize the show was now over and people were starting to shuffle out. I looked around me and felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

I turn the screen and glance at the screen.

Really liked talking to you today. We should hang out again..you free tomorrow, say five-ish?

I smiled to myself and quickly answered him back before Ryan saw me.

This is a start, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
Posting two chapters up tonight c:
Hope you guys enjoy this story that Melodee and I are writing! It should get better with every new chapter. :))
Promise.
xox ptvgemers