Status: In progress

Confess My Heart and Forgive My Wrongs

Jenna

I was lent on a kitchen counter with a cup of hot coffee in my hand. I stood listening to Jack and Alex argue. Argue over Alice, over me. Jack was just as protective over me as Sara was about the whole Alex situation.

"I always think it's fun to wake up at 9 on a Saturday morning due to Alex and Alice problems." Sara said as she walked into the kitchen.

"Have I ever told you that I love your sarcasm?"

"You might of mentioned it a few times." She said as she poured herself a cup of coffee.

"I don't know how much more of it I can take myself."

"Take what? How she's hurting him or the fact he's not with you?" I looked at Sara as she asked me. "I'm being serious."

"How she hurts him. He's never going to be with me. We're best friends."

"But you want him to be with you." Sara almost stated.

"That isn't the point." I said. She was about speak but Alex walked in.

"I've gotta go, Alice wants to meet up and talk." He said as he placed his hands in his pocket. "Jack's in the living room, he wants to talk to you still."

"Leaving so soon?" Sara said as she laughed. I glared at her. "Okay, Okay, I'm going." She said as she took her cup and walked out and back to her room.

"Sorry about her." I said before I put my cup down and stood up straight.

"I'll call you later." Alex said to me. He pulled his hands out of his pockets, walked closer to me and pulled me into a hug. His aftershave was still lingering on his t-shirt. I breathed in and breathed out slowly just before he let go of me.

"Okay, I'll talk to you then." I said softly as we both walked out the kitchen and to my front door. "Bye Alex."

"Bye Jen." He said with a small smile. He waved softly. "Bye Jack." Alex called out. He waited a few moments but continued to walk out of the door once he never got a reply.

"I'll speak to him." I smiled at Alex as he turned around. He nodded then continued to walk to the lift. We were on the fourth floor in our building and the stairs were way too much effort.

Once Alex was out of my eye sight I closed the door with a sigh. I then began to make my way to where Jack was in the living room. "Right you, why are you being so uptight with him? He needs you." I asked Jack as I slumped down next to him.

"He doesn't deserve people there for him if he's going to go back time and time again. He especially doesn't deserve you." Jack turned to face me.

"Hey, don't speak like that. Everyone deserves someone. He loves her and as his best friend, you should be happy for him."

"What's your excuse then?"

"Touche, Barakat. You're not the one he's kissing after it. I'm allowed to hate it."

"Hmm, how do you know that he isn't kissing me before he kisses you?" Jack laughed, trying to joke with me.

"Then I'd tell him to stop kissing me because I'd technically be kissing you." I laughed myself.

I loved Jack. He's been our friend for as long as I can remember. He was the sweetest. Jack and I would always go out to get coffee together and he was becoming one of my best friends the more we hung out, and now I can't see myself being without him in my life. He's as important to me as Sara is.
♠ ♠ ♠
so here you go, trust me it isn't going to be as clique all the way through.