Status: In progress

Confess My Heart and Forgive My Wrongs

Jenna

I was lent on a kitchen counter with a cup of hot coffee in my hand. I stood listening to Jack and Alex argue. Argue over Alice, over me. Jack was just as protective over me as Sara was about the whole Alex situation.

"I always think it's fun to wake up at 9 on a Saturday morning due to Alex and Alice problems." Sara said as she walked into the kitchen.

"Have I ever told you that I love your sarcasm?"

"You might of mentioned it a few times." She said as she poured herself a cup of coffee.

"I don't know how much more of it I can take myself."

"Take what? How she's hurting him or the fact he's not with you?" I looked at Sara as she asked me. "I'm being serious."

"How she hurts him. He's never going to be with me. We're best friends." I shook my head softly. You could tell Sara was going to say something but Alex walked into the kitchen. It was obviously about him.

"I'm going to go meet Alice." Alex said with his hands dug deep into his pockets. I just nodded. I put my coffee down.

"I'll walk you to the door." Alex nodded and began walking to the front door, I followed him.

"Listen... this..." Alex starts. He looked down as he sighed. I think I knew where he was going with it.

"We need to stop?" Alex looked up at me and nodded softly. Those eyes. Hurt still possessed them. I just nodded. I didn't want it to stop for obvious reasons but it was hurting me as much as Alice was hurting him.

"You're amazing, Jenna. No normal friend would do all this for me, and put up with me. I do really love you, okay?" I just simply nodded at him.

"I love you too, Alex." I said as I shot him a smile. Inside, I actually kind of wanted to cry. I mean... I did love him, but not the way he loved me. I loved him.

"I better be going... I don't want to keep her waiting."

"Yeah, I hope everything goes well." I said softly, not really caring about how it was going to go because we all knew how it was going to be.

"Thanks." He said. He pulled me close to his body, wrapping his arms around me. I wrapped my arms around his waist, leaning into his chest. He kissed the top of my head then pulled away from me. He opened the door behind him and walked out, not bothering to look back at me.I closed the door and walked into the living room, realizing Jack was still there.

"I wasn't expecting you to still be sitting here." I laughed, sitting down next to him.

"I heard all that..." Jack said as he wrapped his arms around my shoulder. "How are you feeling kiddo?"

"Like a pile of shit... but then again I do every time he leaves here. I know we should stop but I never want to. I can't help it. I get butterflies every time we kiss... but he doesn't seem to feel that." I shook my head, leaning against Jack.

"Come out with us tonight... Don't bother talking to Alex or Alice, stay with me all night. I'll look after you?" Jack asked. I nodded. A night out wouldn't be so bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hiya, I know it's been ages! I haven't had the boost to write but I did today!