Broken Strings and Broken Dreams

Hot damn, look at me now

"Dude, you've never been dress shopping before?" Anabelle asked one Friday day, the day we planned on going to go dress shopping.

I shrugged, not sure what to say as Kara, Delani, Anabelle, and I stood in a frilly dress store looking at some potential options. Now, when I say 'potential' I mean, totally not ever going to be bought.

Ana thought it would be fun if we took a funny pit stop in the Dress Barn. It was at first but now she wanted to have us all try some on, just for kicks.

"This one isn't that bad." Anabelle tried to reassure as we looked at a dress that Anabelle thought would be cute, for me. I looked next to me at Delani, seeing a sour look on her face as she examined the dress. Kara didn't look much different so I knew it wasn't just me, the dress was bad.

"There's pink ruffles on the sleeves." I stated and a grin broke out on her face. "And the dress is green. I don't even see why it's in a store." I added and Delani and Kara nodded in agreement. Anabelle instantly started to pout and I sighed. "Let's just go into another store." I offered and they all shrugged.

So we made our way out of the Dress Barn and a few stores down to another store that had poofy, girly dresses in the window.

The second we walked in and Delani had a dress in her hands. "I love this dress." She gushed as she held it up in front of her body.

It was definitely her, that's for sure. It was a strapless sky blue and sea green dress with a tie dye sort of design that flowed and poofed out at her knees, with a corset type top to it. A huge grin covered her face.

"Hold it just in case you find a better dress." Anabelle warned and Delani nodded and hooked the dress on her finger, putting it behind her shoulder. We continued further into the store and pretty soon after 2 hours, I was the only one who didn't have a dress.

Kara had picked out a light purple spaghetti strap dress that went to the middle of her thighs. Anabelle chose a light pink strapless dress that went almost to her knees. They were both beautiful, especially when they tried them on in the dressing room.

Now it was my turn and I had no idea what I was doing.

"Okay, so you don't want a long dress. You don't want it to be too short, and you don't want a whole lot of boobage showing." Anabelle listed off as I sat on a round leather seat next to my dressing room.

They'd decided to just run around and bring me cute things they see. I'd tried on nearly 15 dresses in the past half hour and I was losing hope.

And then Delani ran up with an armful and I inwardly groaned, standing up as she hung the dresses up inside the small room that had three body length mirrors inside.

Shutting the door behind me, I faced the dresses that now hung next to the door. Sighing, I shrugged out of my clothes and pulled the first dress off the hanger. It was red, like a cherry red, and when I put it on and looked in the mirror, I frowned.

I looked like a fucking car. The top part of the dress showed a little bit too much cleavage for my taste and did I mention I look like a car? Taking one single breath, I opened the door to the stall and walked out to face my friends. The second I cleared my throat and they saw me, all three of them frowned.

"Why do you look like a Oldsmobile?" Anabelle asked and I rolled my eyes. "Next." She announced and the other two nodded before I disappeared into my stall again.

After I had the red dress off and hanging on it's hanger on the opposite wall, I looked at the next one. It wasn't as bad. A normal black mid thigh length dress and when I put it on I saw that it didn't show too much cleavage. I shrugged and deemed it okay before I made my way out again.

Anabelle shook her head, obviously not liking it while Delani and Kara gave a small nod, showing that they approved. "It's a nice dress, don't get me wrong, but it's not...you." Ana clarified and my shoulders slumped as I turned back into my stall.

I need a break.

I tried on 3 more dresses, none of them horrible, but Anabelle turned them all down. I was beginning to think that we were going to be here all night. I mean, it was already 4 in the afternoon and we'd gotten to the mall at 11 that morning. That's 5 hours. That's way to long for someone to spend at one time in the mall.

"Just a couple more, okay?" I heard Anabelle say from outside the stall door as I threw the last dress over right as she threw a new pile of dresses over.

With a sigh I put the dresses on a hook and surveyed the first one. It was pretty, don't get me wrong, but when I put the bright green knee length dress on, it was incredibly uncomfortable.

I was beginning to think that I wouldn't find a nice dress when I stumbled across a white and sky blue knee length dress. It was beautiful and I was thrilled to know that it was super comfortable. It had a strapless white lace corset top with a 60's kind of poof that went just above my knees.

The bottom was mostly white, except for the sky blue pieces of fabric that flowed down in a striped kind of way. A line of small blue flowers lined my waist and I made sure the dress was smoothed down before I stepped out of my dressing room.

Kara was the first one to see me and it wasn't long for Delani and Anabelle to look over at the sound of a loud squeal that erupted from Kara's throat.

Delani grinned, probably bigger than when she found hers, and Anabelle's mouth dropped open as she took me in.

"That's it. Alex better be ready to get swept off his fucking feet."
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been swamped with work. I have to have my own apartment by January 1st and I had to call in today since my stomach decided that I should throw up every 5 minutes. It sucks but at least I got to squeeze in a new chapter. Please, tell me what you think. Tell me if I should improve on some things. I'd really love to know. Well, I hope you guys enjoyed and I'll try and get another one out as soon as I can. Thanks!

For Baltimore - All Time Low