Broken Strings and Broken Dreams

The time has come for you to sit this out

The rest of lunch seemed to pass by fast sitting with them. I mean, if I had been able to do what I usually did during lunch, I'd be sitting outside in a quiet spot either doodling or simply just playing my violin. It was weird, definitely weird sitting with them. Rians girlfriend, Kara, had joined us with Jack's sister Anabelle.

They were loud, very loud, and at the same time it was comforting. Especially when I found out that we all actually had a similar taste in music. When we were finally making our way towards our music class I learned that Anabelle had that class with us too.

"So, let me get this straight, you've never been to a party, had alcohol, or even left this state?" Jack asked me in disbelief. I just shook my head and his threw his hands in the air. "What do you do all day?" He asked, putting an extra emphasis on the 'what'.

I shrugged. "I go to work, or I play my violin, or I listen to music. Whichever comes first." I murmured. I wasn't one of those people that were meant for the fun and joys of high school. I was the one that went to school, got good grades, and went home.

"Well shit, looks like we have some things to show you!" Jack grinned and I frowned. Parties or other social events just weren't my thing. I'd risk my life at a concert in a mosh pit before I'd consider going to a party that would have all the people from school that I dread seeing everyday.

So I shook my head. "I don't do parties." I stated, taking a seat in one of the chairs. We were the only ones in the room so far. "I refuse." I added when I saw that Jack was about to beg, which completely didn't stop him.

Instead, he dropped onto his knees, along with Alex and Anabelle, in front of me. "Please, Madilynn! Please, please, please, please, please, p-," they chanted and I clapped my hands over my face. What the hell have I gotten myself into this year? Why was I even tagging along where they went? I couldn't figure it out and that's what bugged me the most.

I was fine by myself. I was okay with what I did everyday. I was alright with going to school, going to work, and then coming home to an empty house to either eat, listen to music, or play alone. I was used to being at school alone and then going home and being alone there. I liked it that way, it was comforting.

And then Rian had to be the good guy and butt in saying, "The party we're talking about is one that we're having at Jack's house. It's not exactly a party since his moms going to be home but I mean, it'll just be all of us and maybe a few other people."

I nodded, biting my lip as I thought about it. Wait, I'm actually going to think about it? Really? What the hell is wrong with me? I don't hang out with people, or well, anyone. But how bad could it be?

They were nice to me. Overly nice to me, and I think that's why it's so weird. They were those popular kids. I might not have paid that much attention, but I knew that and they were still trying to hang out with me.

"Fine." I said only to see Anabelle nearly fall over and Jack screech some kind of victory screech, causing me to cover my ears. I've never actually hung out with people before so I knew this would be different.

But it was either I hang out with them or go back to an empty house and I didn't feel like being alone.

I'm tired of being alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm in the hospital. Wooooooo. Fucking not. This shit sucks. My IV monitor keeps beeping at me cause I'm bending my elbow.

But yeah. I'll have another one up in a day or two depending when I get out. Enjoy!