Broken Strings and Broken Dreams

Tell me what you know bout' dreamin

The day of the party couldn't have come sooner.

It was like any average Saturday so when I woke up, I wasn't surprised to see that the house was empty. The coffee pot was still steaming so it was evident that my dad had only left minutes earlier.

Alex told me he'd text me first thing in the morning but since its only 5:30 in the morning, I wasn't too worried about it. Sitting down on my couch with my usual bowl of cereal, I flicked on my Saturday morning cartoons.

It was rounding 6:40 when I felt my phone go off in my pocket, making me jump.

What time are you getting to Jack's? His mom is getting him a pinata so it'll be pretty rad.

I'd been thinking about the 'party' ever since Monday and I guess that counts the time I'd be showing up. Even though they've been trying to reassure me that it wasn't an 'actual' party, it would be my first time ever going to something like that.

A few seconds later, I was getting a phone call, and I couldn't hold back the grin when I saw that it was Alex.

"Hello?" I answered, hearing a gruff 'hello' from the other end. "Up too early?" I asked and I could almost see him nod.

"This should be illegal. It's Saturday for fucks sake." He mumbled causing me to laugh.

"What caused this rude awakening?" I asked, curling my legs in on myself as I relaxed further into the couch.

I guess I'd be lying if I said I hadn't developed a small crush on Alex Gaskarth. He'd been quite the sweetheart to me and I was really hoping it wasn't just to spare my feelings.

I don't even fucking know. Like, I was having this amazing dream, right? And all of a sudden my damn brother knocks something off his wall and it makes like the loudest noise fucking possible." I listened to him rant as I got bored of just sitting on the couch.

Standing up, I grabbed my bowl and put the phone between my shoulder and ear as I made my way to the sink.

"And then I remembered you saying you wake up freakishly early and figured you'd be awake, so, good morning pretty lady." He continued and I couldn't fight the blush the rose to my cheeks.

"I'm anything but pretty at the moment." I muttered causing him to snort into the phone.

"Bullshit. Don't make me come over there, Madilynn." He threatened and I mentally shook my head thinking aboit my choice of pajamas.

I didn't exactly want him to see me in short shorts and a tank top, ones that I'd have to wash a little later today. But instead I found myself saying, "I'm bored though."

"If you want me to come over all you have to do is say so. But be warned, I snuggle in the mornings. Get the blankets ready and I'll be there in like 20." He said before hanging up.

What the fuck had I just done? Oh yeah, I probably forgot to mention that Alex has had to drive me home from school once after school on wednesday due to my car not starting so he knows where I live.

My dad had actually been home that day so he never came inside but all the same, Alex was coming over. I looked down at my pajamas and sighed. What do I do?

Do I just keep these on? No, of course not, I'm wearing spandex shorts. I quickly ran up the stairs and into my room and pulled out my only pajama pants. Granted, they were sky blue with clouds and sheeps on them, I almost wanted to smack myself.

I slid the pants on in place of the shorts and looked in the mirror only to find my hair looking like a bomb went off on my head. Water was going to have to be my friend and as I desperately tried to smooth my hair down, I didn't miss the sound of a car door shutting outside.

I was at the door by the time the doorbell went off and I swung the door open to a smiling Alex with a pillow. He had on a wife beater and sweatpants with bed head of doom. I almost felt stupid for stressing out so much until I smelled a small wiff of calogne as he walked past.

"Well, well, well, you have a clean house. It looks like my mother lives here." He stated, tapping his chin with his finger. "Where is the snuggle fest going to take place?" He asked, turning to me.

I couldn't help it. I knew my cheeks were red and I knew he saw but obviously, there wasn't anything I could do about that. I kind of just looked at the stairs and he started walking to the steps like he read my mind.

"Come on cutie." He laughed and I stumbled after him and up the stairs. My room was the only open door and I was almost nervous as to what he'd think about my band poster covered walls.

"I feel like I just walked into my room. Minus the pictures and actual violins hanging on the walls." He said throwing himself on my bed and holding an arm out for me.

"Don't be shy," he reassured and I blinked once more before letting out a breath of air that I hadn't known I was holding.

I wasn't even a foot away from the bed before I was pulled down and enveloped in warm arms. I felt him snuggle his face in my neck as he pulled the blankets over as I settled into the warmth.

"Those are the shorts you were wearing earlier, aren't they?"

I don't think I'd ever been this embarrassed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been out of the hospital for a few days but I've been busy. Hope you guys enjoy! I'd appreciate comments. (: Thank you!

Pursuit of Happiness - Kid Cudi (Steve Aoki remix)