Broken Strings and Broken Dreams

She said I think I'll go to Boston

The next morning, I found myself rushing around my room.

Apparently, my alarm clock went faulty and didn't go off so now, school starts in 15 minutes and I can't find a clean pair of pants. I groaned when I passed my mirror, seeing my hair tangled in a frizzy mess.

Pulling a brush through it quickly, I pulled it into a messy bun, finally deciding to just wear a pair of basketball shorts. I was out the door 5 minutes later, after brushing my teeth and putting deodorant on, making it to school in record time and 2 minutes before the first bell was supposed to ring.

Alex's face lit up when I walked up, turning into a smirk when he saw my outfit consisting of a white tank top and my trusty gray shorts. "Decided for a lazy day?" He asked and I groaned.

"No, my alarm clock never went off and I woke up like 20 minutes ago." I whined, feeling exhausted. "I'm so sleeping in Calculus."

Alex laughed before he kissed my forehead, making me blush heavily. "You're still beautiful." He mumbled with a smile and I covered my face with my hands making him laugh harder.

Before I could even say anything to everyone else, the bell rang and we had to go our own separate ways.

Today was going to be a long day.

It definitely ended up feeling a lot longer than it actually was. I forgot my violin in my english class. It probably wouldn't have been so bad if I was able to leave and get it during P.E but the couch wouldn't let me so I had to get it before lunch to find that someone had drawn a pointless smiley face on my blue fabric case. Needless to say, I was ticked when I had gotten to lunch.

It was Jack's idea to just blend in more drawing on my case so that it didn't look so off. I agreed because it was actually a good idea but they loved it because that meant they could treat my case like you would a cast.

The day was kind of a blur, meaning I hadn't done any work in any of my classes and so I was irritated at the fact that I'd be making up the lost work at home. It's funny how that wouldn't have been a problem to me before.

When I walked out of school I saw Alex leaning against my car. It wasn't too odd since he ended up doing this often so after I had my bags in my backseat, I turned to him.

"So, I assume you want to go home and change?" He asked as I tried to remember what I should be changing for. Alex noticed my confusion and laughed. "Has your day been that bad that you forgot when you said yes to coming to my house for dinner?" He questioned and I swear my jaw almost fell off my face.

When the hell did that happen? Oh, right, lunch. "Oh, uh, yeah. Just follow me to my house or something." I stuttered out and he nodded, pecking me on the cheek before heading to his car.

What am I going to wear to that? I'm going to meet his parents! What if they didn't like me? What if I did something completely stupid?

I threw around possible situations in my head as I made my way home, Alex easily keeping up and pulling up next to the sidewalk as I parked in the driveway. No one was home, like usual, and so when we got upstairs, I unleashed my worry.

"What do I wear, Alex? What if they don't like me? What if-" Alex cut me short by pulling me towards him, him cupping my face as he smoothed his thumbs over my cheeks, soothing my nerves slightly.

"They're going to love you, Madilynn. It doesn't matter what you wear or what you look like. You're beautiful no matter what and the second they see you blink those pretty green eyes, my mom will be falling at your feet. Please, don't worry." He reassured me and I only felt myself calm down a little bit.

There was a stack of clean clothes on my bed, to my surprise. I guess dad was home earlier. What a life saver. "Help me find clothes Alex." I said hearing him lauh again before pulling different shirts from the pile, holfing one up to me begore putting it down to try the next.

It took a half an hour but we found something. I didn't exactly like it because it was a dress and I simply wasn't the dress type but I agreed. The dress flowed down to my knees consisting of a v-neck line with different blues and mainly purples swirled around in unique patterns. It was my mothers old sun dress so I hoped it would at least give me some luck.

I went into my bathroom to change, applying a little bit of make up and fixing my hair before I made my back into my room where Alex sat on the bed waiting for me. The instant he saw me he grinned and stood up, looking me up and down and nodding.

"Just what I thought. My mom is going to die." He said making my eyes grow wide. "What? She knows you're coming and she's wanted to meet you since the first day I ever brought you up." He defended and I sighed.

I really, really hoped that I didn't mess anything up. If there's a God, please help me now.

"Oh my God, would you stop that? You're making me nervous and we're going to my house." Alex exclaimed and I stopped the tapping I had been doing on the door handle the whole ride. "Just stop worrying. You'll be fine and they'll all adore you." He reassured as we pulled up to his house.

His front yard was the first thing I saw. Along the walkway were a mixture of blue, orange, red, pink, yellow, and white rose bushes. There was a single tree in the middle of the green grass that made a very large amount of shade that was also surrounded by a small circle of purple and white flowers.

Walking up to the house I noticed the soft sky blue color of the house first. The windows were all big and clean and looking at the house, I wished mine still could have that beauty like when my mom was alive.

We walked right in and Alex instantly called out for his mother who instantly popped her head out from the kitchen, a grin taking its place on her face.

At least now I could see where Alex got his smile.

"Oh my, you must be Madilynn. It's so nice to meet you finally. He never shuts up about you, it's a wonder he hadn't met you before." She rambled, coming up to be and giving me a big hug in which I returned with a shy smile. "You can call me Isobel." She added hurriedly.

A timer went off in the kitchen and with a squeak, she was gone and I looked at Alex with wide eyes.

"So?" He questioned with a smirk.

"Your mom is...so British." I whisper yelled making him laugh really hard until an older guy walked in, seeing me instantly.

"You must be Madilynn. I'm Peter, Alex's father. It's really nice to finally meet you." He introduced in his strong English accent.

"Likewise. You have a beautiful home." I said politely, seeing him smile. Oh, well I guess he gets it from both sides.

"Isobel will be happy to hear that. Alex, make her feel welcome. Your brother is up in his room." And with that, he walked into the kitchen leaving me and Alex alone.

Alex started to pull me up the stairs immediately until we came to a closed white door. He knocked twice before it swung open and there stood a only slightly more mature looking Alex. "Madi, this is my brother Daniel. Daniel, this is Madilynn." He introduced and I did a small wave that his brother just kind of nodded at, giving me a small and not at all believable smile.

"Nice to meet you." He said, nodding again before he was back in his room, the door shut and us just standing there.

"He's been acting a little weird lately." Alex mumbled and then pulled me into the next room over, his room. It looked almost like mine. The walls were covered in band posters and guitars and CDs that filled a book shelf. His bed was next to the window and his floor had some clothes scattered around.

"Sorry about the mess." He apologized and I shook my head showing him I don't mind before I sat on his bed, him standing in the middle of the room just looking at me.

Alex looked at me a lot. Each time was quite different and this time was no acception. He looked eager, like he's been wanting to do something for a long time, and before I could do anything he was kissing me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my gosh. So, I tried writing this chapter twice but since I have to do it on my phone, its a little hard. It crapped out on me twice and this was my third attempt so I hope you enjoyed it. Comments or something would be awesome. (: Have a good day/night!

Boston - Augustana