Broken Strings and Broken Dreams

Haunting Mass Appeal

I didn't want to go to school when I woke up the next morning. I felt like I hadn't slept all night and the fact that I had a lot of my classes with Alex or one of his friends, my friends too I guess. My eyes were red and puffy and I regreted not having some kind of concealer to cover them.

I couldn't get him out of my head. I couldn't forget about last night.

How could I? I felt like I got led on. Like he felt like it was a fun thing to do in his spare time. Like he simply just said, 'hey, I'm gonna fuck with the lonely girl for a few weeks'. Highly unlikely but you know, my mind was going wild.

I got to school late even though I had had plenty of time to get ready and to school this morning. I slept my whole first period. I had a lot of work to make up.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to sleep the whole next period due to the fact that Alex stared at me the whole time. He wasn't trying to hide it either. So since I couldn't sleep I just laid my head down on the desk, humming a song under my breath.

At the end of class and the bell rang I was so ready to leave, I almost started running for the door but I wasn't fast enough and I felt my big jacket get tugged back.

I turned to instantly see Alex and all I wanted to do was hug him, be close to him. It's amazing the effect of knowing someone and completely falling for them in just a little over a week.

"We need to talk." I heard him say but I couldn't say anything back. "My car?" He questioned and I managed a small shrug before I was being pulled towards the school parking lot.

He didn't turn it on but we sat in the back seat. He started first but when I looked over at him, his head was in his hands. "I was an idiot last night," he began as I pulled my sleeves over my hands.

"I forgot that you're different than other girls. I'm so fucking sorry, Madi. I really am. We had such a great night and then I went and acted like a pussy." He continued and I held back a giggle as his hands shot in the air at the word pussy.

"It's just that I don't know how to really do this the right way. I've had Lisa since my Sophomore year and I don't have the best faithful record but Lisa was always cheating too. I panicked and I'm sorry." He finished and I couldn't look at him.

I wasn't sure what to really say. I knew what I wanted to say but I was debating if it was the right thing to do in the first place. "You drove away," I whispered, fiddling with my jacket zipper. "You didn't get out or anything. You just drove away. That's what hurt most." I vented and looked at him, tears in my eyes.

No, I really didn't want to cry. Not in front of him and definitely not in his car but I couldn't stop them. His facial features softened when I stopped talking and I whipped my eyes.

I let Alex grab my hand. I let him pull me into his chest and I let him hold me. I don't know if I shouldn't have but I did and I'd be lying if I said I didn't like it. I felt a light rumble of a laugh escape his mouth causing me to look up to see what he could actually be laughing at.

"And there I was thinking you just needed your space." He said, kissing me on the top of the head. "I'm sorry. I wanted to come after you. I really did but I didn't want to piss you off even more. You probably wouldn't have given me this chance and I didn't want to risk that." He explained and I stayed quiet.

Like, what the fuck do I say to that? 'Oh hey, yeah, no problem. It's totally okay. Don't even worry about it.' Uhm, no, that's especially not it so instead of just make a fool of myself, I just didn't say anything at all.

He apparently didn't like that because soon he was grabbing my face so I would look at him.

Looking back, I should have stopped him. I should have told him to fuck off or even just get out of the car. I didn't though and I let him kiss me like he'd never kissed me before and I let him pull me on top of his lap. He stopped there though. He just held me and sang soft songs to me as I hummed along.

I can't say that he didn't make me happy because he did. He made me the happiest I've ever been and I think that's why it ended so bad. Why it all crashed and burned.

"You're unlike any girl I've ever met, Madilynn Grey." He whispered to me and I smiled, looking out the window. "Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked and my head shot up to look at him with wide eyes.

I was so happy. I was fucking exstatic. I could help but blurt out a 'yes' before we were kissing again, just like before.

We didn't go back to school. Instead he took me to a ice cream shop down the street and we laughed and joked around.

I didn't want that moment to end.

————————————————————————

I still felt like I was on cloud nine for the next 3 weeks that followed. Lisa had been getting a little hostile that I stuck around so long but he made sure that it didn't matter. He made sure she was gone quick.

So when we were sitting at lunch and Lisa walked over again, all we could do was roll our eyes. That was until she walked straight up to me and instantly grabbed my hair and pulled me back where I'd fall off the table bench.

I was pissed. She just opened a whole new can of shit she shouldn't have. Before Alex could so much as move, I was standing up again and I was in her face.

It's amazing what being around Jack and Anabelle could do to your personality. "Excuse the fuck out of you." I spat and her eye brows shot up since I normally stayed quiet.

She just scoffed and I pushed her back. "What the fuck is your problem?" I growled clenching my fists. "Don't touch me ever again."

She didn't listen to my warning though and when she went to put a nice smack on my cheek, I put a nice punch directly into her nose, hearing a sickening crack.

Alex was holding me back in seconds and there were two teachers screaming at us by then.

I was escorted to the principle's office with Lisa holding he nose and Alex by my side. There were a couple kids trailing behind as witnesses, ones that said I was simply just defending myself.

I guess a lot more kids hated Lisa than I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
There's a moth in my room. Its too close to the ceiling for me to get it so I kinda have to just let it chill there. As long as he doesn't start flying around or try to land on my food, I'm good. I hope you guys enjoy. (: Tell me how you like it? Please and thank you!

Drive - Incubus