Status: Complete.

Finding Who You Are

Chapter 7 - A Day With Mick

"Trying to find Ashtray.... He's kinda MIA in this closet." I said, moving a few things around, and tossing clothes out. "I really should have gotten someone better to put all my shit here." I sighed before finally emerging from the closet, holding a Les Paul guitar case in my hands. I flung it on the bed, and opened it. "Mick, meet Ashtray."

Mick tilted his head sideways, looking at my red Les Paul before looking to me and beginning to laughing. "Ashtray is your guitar?! He sure looks like he fits your personality, that's for sure."

"That's why he has a unique name. Duhhh." I said, latching the case back shut before walking out of the bedroom with Mick. "So, you decided if you're coming with me to this thing, or what?" I asked him, holding my guitar in one hand while the other rested on the front door knob.

"I guess so. I can get stuff for the house later. It's not all that much that I actually need to get anyways." He smiled before following me out the door and to my car.

"Maybe I'll stop by somewhere after the meeting, and we can get it then. Kill two birds with one stone." I smiled, sliding Ashtray in the back before sitting in my driver's seat and bringing my car to life.

"Sounds good." Mick said, sliding into the passenger seat before buckling up and getting comfortable.

I took off towards the address that I was given earlier for the studio and I tried not to drive to outrageous, because this place seemed to be crawling with fucking cops.

"So... many... COPS!" I yelled out loud, causing Mick to look over at me and start laughing, his long black hair blowing everywhere from all of the wind.

"Welcome to Los Angeles sweetheart." Mick said, fighting to keep his hair out of his face while smiling at me.

"Well you are the first one who officially welcomed me, so thank you." I smiled as we pulled into the studio's parking lot, quickly finding a place to park.

-Hours later-

I finally walked out of the studio, immediately calling Nikki.

"Yea' Hello?" Nikki said into the phone, sounding a bit busy.

"Hey, put Ashley on. It's Rayne."

"Alrighty. Ashley!" Nikki yelled for her, and I soon heard Ashley running to the phone, and snatching it from him.

"Yepp?" She asked, breathing a little heavily.

"The interview really wasn't much of anything. Just them discussing maybe putting out a brand of guitars designed by me."

"You... They... WHAT?!" She squealed and I could practically see her jumping up and down, hugging Nikki like it was me.

I held the phone a good arm length away from my ear, waiting for the screaming to stop. "Don't get to excited now, they are only thinking about it. They don't know for sure yet."

"Yeah yeah yeah. They'll do it. Hey are you staying at Mick's again tonight?" She asked, as I walked slowly away from Mick, motioning for him to stay where he was at beside the car.

"Ashley," I whispered, running a hand through my hair, "I don't want to impose like that. And plus, I don't even know if he's taken or not. I kissed him last night Terry-Bear.... I was so drunk, I don't remember it. But he told me he pushed me away." I sighed, frowning at the thought as it ran through my head.

"Oh my god, Rayne... I'm so sorry." She said sincerely, I could heard the sadness for me in her voice.

"It's okay.. Like I said, I don't even remember.."

"Okay then...." She sighed. "Can Nikki stay tonight at the condo with me? Talk to Mick a bit more... Try like, flirting and stuff. Get close to him."

"Trying to run me out of our condo are you?" I laughed, walking back over to Mick as he smiled when he saw my face. "I'll see Ashley. Love you girl. Swag Squad out." I said, hanging up the phone before she could even get a response in. What she said sunk in with me. I guess I'd give it a try. What's the worst that could happen?

I'd get rejected? Couldn't hurt any worse than all the times before.

"Ready?" I asked perkily, pulling out my keys and unlocking the door.

"Ready when you are." Mick smiled, getting in the car once more.

"We'll stop by the store and get your stuff Mick, I don't mind. Gives us something to do." I said softly, taking one hand off of the steering wheel to rub his leg, quickly putting it back. Trying not to be so obvious about shit.

Mick didn't say anything. He put his hand where I had rubbed mine at on his leg, making little circles with his fingers as he stared off in the distance.

-The Store-

"I must warn you, I'm a bit of a weirdo in stores. I've been that way since I was a young age." I laughed while the sliding doors opened before me, and the cold breeze of the super mart hit my face.

Mick looked over to me oddly before throwing his arm around me and ruffling my hair, laughing at me.

"What did I tell you about doing that?" I scolded, leaning my head to his shoulder and tilting my head to look up at him.

"You told me not to. But I can't resist the urge." He laughed as I grabbed ahold of a buggy, causing his arm to fall away from me.

"What is it with you people and my hair?" I asked, pushing the shopping car and being fairly normally.

Mick tilted his head sideways while he just smiled at me with such emotion, walking up beside me and putting his hand on the cart beside mine, cenimeters from touching my skin. "I think you're just adorable." He said shyly, looking away in a poor attempt to hid his face.

"D'awwww! Mick Mars thinks I'm ADORABLE?! No way." I laughed as I put my hand on his mid-back lightly, lightly pulling him closer to me as I stopped walking and released the buggy as it sat there in it's spot.

I didn't say anything else. I wrapped my arms around Mick, pulling him close to me, burrying my face in his hair and his chest. He smelled like heaven to me. Cologne, cigarettes, and sweat. My ideal kind of smell.

He didn't bother to speak either, but instead he savored the moment. He rested his head on top of mine while wrapping his arms tightly around me, just standing there with me in the middle of the aisle.

"So what all do you need?" I asked softly into his hair, not letting go of him quite yet.

"Toilet paper, snacks, and some tooth paste. Just general stuff. And razors." He responded, rubbing his hands around on my back, still holding me to him.

"We should get going then." I said quietly, pulling away from him slowly and feeling him resist as I looked up at him and smiled, standing on my toes to kiss his cheek. He smiled and put his hand where I had kissed, smiling at himself. "Mind if I stay with you again? Ashley and Nikki, well... Ya' know." I laughed, making odd motions with my hands, immitating a sex scene.

He burst out into a semi-muffled laughter, and nodding his head. "I wouldn't mind. I enjoy having someone who is fairly normal around. Being all alone isn't really my cup of tea."

I smiled at him as we continued to walk around the store, and at one point or another, I had apparently taken a hold of his hand and laced our fingers together, refusing to let him walk away from me. He kept glancing out the corner of his eyes to look at me, smiling to himself.

Finally we got to the check out, and just as Mick was paying for it, the cashier said, "You both make a wonderfully beautiful couple. Congratulations."

Mick stood there with a smile across his face, looking over to me, and before I could say anything Mick had already said, "Thank you. She's absolutely beautiful." Causing the cashier to smile back at us both before handing Mick the reciept.

As we walked out of the store, I looked over at Mick who was now pushing the cart, and laughed.

"What?" He asked, slowing his pace as we reached the car.

"You are so cute when you're clueless. I'm not going to tell you." I smiled, opening the trunk and helping him put the things in it, shutting it when we were done.

"Come onnnnn." He whinned, grabbing my arm softly and pulling me to him, without any resistance from me.

"Nooooooo." I smiled, coming inches away from his face with my chest pressed to his, feeling a sense of warmth.

"Please?" He asked softly, looking from my eyes to my lips, and back to my eyes while moving closer to me.

"What are you going to do if I don't?" I asked as I looked into his eyes, which were unusually close to mine now.

"Can I kiss you?" He asked, holding his hand to the side of my face, softly caressing my cheek with his finger tips while he starred into my eyes, searching for his answer.

Nothing else was said as I put my hand on the back of his neck under his long black hair, closing the space between our lips, kissing him softly.

It felt like we stayed like that for a life time, but soon we both broke away and looked at each other, breathing deeply.

"That was alot better than last time." Mick said softly, pushing a strand of hair out of my face before kissing me one more time and just holding me there in the parking lot of the super-mart that we were still at.

"At least I can say I remember this time." I laughed before pulling myself away from him slowly, getting in my car as he followed and did the same. "To the house?" I asked, still smiling like an idiot as I started the car.

He simply nodded his head as he took my right hand into his, pulling it to his lips and kissing it, before slowly releasing it and looking into my eyes again.

As soon as we made it back to his house, we brought the things in and arranged them to the proper places before I told Mick I was walking outside to call Ashley. He just smiled at me and said "Okay sweetheart." Before he turned to go to his room, I supposed to go get a shower.
♠ ♠ ♠
*SQUEEEEEE*
I WASN'T EVEN THIS HAPPY WHEN I WROTE IT!!
BUT READING IT NOW;
MAKES ME WANT TO CRY TEARS OF HAPPINESS!!
URGH
MICK!!
:D

Hugs x Kisses

-Rayne X