Status: New story! Trying really hard to keep going with this one. Comments would be lovely <3

You Don't Have to Worry

You make it hard to breathe

Alison sat on her bed, painting her nails with such care while blasting Ryan Adams on her iPod. It was around ten in the evening on a Friday night but she wasn’t close to feeling sleepy. In fact, she never slept before twelve midnight – none of her new friends did.

Alison Davy Smith, twenty-two years young, popularly known as “that cute new Asian girl”; she hated how people here found her cute – she was far from it. Back in her home town, nobody ever really found her cute, or any sort of adjective that’s close to it. She was always that loud girl who came on too strong with the mouth of a sailor to match, but since she moved to Australia, it’s all she ever hears from everyone.

“Hey Ali,” she looked up from her nails to her roommate who was standing on her doorway.

“Yes, Em?”

“Are you up for a little fun this evening?” Emma wagged her eyebrows suggestively at the petite girl on the bed.

“Oh you know me, I’m always up for some fun.” She smiled at her best friend.

Emma and Alison met in college. They were in a lot of classes together and before they knew it, they were moving in to a small apartment near the uni they were attending. It’s also a plus that they got along incredibly well.

They both hated staying home on Friday and Saturday evenings, and they both hated how the sun shines too bright the morning after.

“Of course, well it’s of work-related… sort of.” Emma shrugged.

“So? I love our jobs!” Ali said, as she placed her hands in front of her to let the varnish dry.

“I’m not saying that we hate it but let’s be honest here, the pay isn’t exactly that glamorous. I haven’t gone on a shopping spree for months!”

“I get what you mean, Em but not all of us has the urge to shop 24/7.” She chuckled at the girl in front of her.

“Whatever.” Emma rolled her eyes. “Just get dressed; we’re leaving in thirty minutes.”

“Fine, bitch.”

Alison got ready ten minutes after Emma left just to be sure that she wasn’t going to ruin her nails. Even after however, she was still being extremely careful while pulling out random items of clothing. She hated this part of being a girl sometimes.

After thirty grueling minutes of struggling to put her clothes on and retouching her makeup, she was finally good to go.

“You ready?”

“As I’ll ever be.” Ali sent a smirk towards her best friend that only means one thing – they’re both going to get proper smashed tonight.

x x


“So tell me, how exactly is this party ‘work related’?” Alison asked as she lifted her hands and did quotation marks in the air.

“Well Drake kind of texted earlier about it,”

“And I wasn’t informed?”

“Dude, you lost your phone remember. And I still think that you’re incredibly stupid for that.”

“It can happen to anyone.” She shrugged at her best mate.

“True. Anyway, she told me that it’s like a launch for the upcoming tour.”

“But the tour isn’t up until three weeks.”

“It’s a celebratory thing. We got all the bands we wanted to get.”

“No shit!”

By this time they were already driving to the pub where they’re supposed to meet their bosses and colleagues. Emma had her hands firm on the wheel while Alison sat patiently on the passenger seat.

Emma nodded at her best friend, and at the same time making a left around the corner.

“Why do I not know these things?”

“You’ve been down with the flu for quite some time therefore, not being able to go to work.”

“Oh yeah, totally skipped that part of the week. I still can’t believe that I got sick on the first week of spring break! Who does that?”

“Only you, my darling, only you.”

“And you didn’t fill me in?”

“I did but you were a hallucinating mess. Still had no idea you were just groaning and mumbling stuff under your breath at random and not actually acknowledging the information I brought, up until now.”

“Oh.”

Emma parked the car right across the pub they all usually have drinks. It was a cozy, small place where everyone basically new everyone.

“I thought we were going to a party and not a round of drinks with our mates?” Alison asked.

“Oh it’s a party.” And as soon as they walked through the door, the girls were met with a sea of familiar faces. Emma only sent a smirk towards the other girl’s direction just to see a smile that she knew too well – one that says ‘we’re going to get proper fucked tonight’.

“Ali! Emma!” a deep voice called from a booth. Their heads snapped towards an older man who was frantically waving his hands at them.

For a guy in his late twenties, he was a pretty good-looking fellow with brown hair and hazel eyes. There’s no denying that the two girls and right about every other girl from work has a bit of a crush on him. Tattoos decorated his arms beautifully and the plugs on his ears weren’t as hideous at they usually look on men their age.

“It’s so good to see you again, Al.” he hugged the petite girl once she was within arm’s length and placed a brotherly kiss on her temple.

“No love for the white girl?” Emma raised her eyebrows at Drake – yes, he had a douche-y name but he was far from it.

“You weren’t the one down with a horrible flue for an entire week, Em.” He said, but repeated the sweet gesture with the girl anyway. She could only roll her eyes at this. Drake was too nice beyond belief. “So how are you, Ali? Is it a good idea for you to be out tonight?”

“Oh please, I’ve been bored out of my mind since Wednesday.”

“Whatever you say, love. Has Emma here told you about what’s going to happen?”

“With the tour?” Ali asked and she got a nod in response. “I got the idea of it but not the deets.”

“I swear I tried to tell her days ago, but as it turns out, her responses are just hallucinations.” Emma said in her defense and Drake could only frown at the two girls in front of him.

“I’ll brief you on Monday, you girls go have fun.” The two friends raised both their hands and cheered at what Drake had told them. Emma put an arm around Ali’s shoulders and lead her to the bar as they both swayed their hips to the beat.

“Hey, Fred!” They greeted the bartender who they grew accustomed to.

“What’s up ladies? Glad to see you on your feet again, Ali.”

“Likewise, Freddy.” She smiled warmly.

“Seriously, why does she get all the special attention?”

Ali always does. Back where the girl came from, she didn’t really get any of it; she was just a regular girl anyway. But truth be told, she likes the attention people give her here. Although she doesn’t bask in the limelight by herself; she likes to share it just as much as she likes receiving it. That’s how she is.

“So what can I get you girls?”

“A jack and coke for me,” Emma raised a finger.

“And a Coronoa for yours truly.” Ali winked.

“You ladies and your liquor!” He shook his head but still got the drinks anyway. A couple of seconds later, two varieties of drinks materialized right in front of them. “On the house.” He winked at the both of them then left to attend to another customer.

The two girls grinned and sauntered to where there other friends are to catch up.

“Well, look who’s back from six feet under.” A teasing voice said from behind the pair. Ali laughed, knowing exactly who it was.

“Not even a hello, bitch?” she raised an eyebrow.

“I missed you, Ali.” Shawna smiled at the girl who has been M.I.A. for the past week.

“Missed you too, Shaw.” Alison hugged one of her closest girl friends who also happens to work in the same company as her.

“Seriously, what is up with everybody ignoring me?” Emma complained. Shawna laughed at this and gave the girl a hug.

“Spotted any cuties yet?” Shawna asked, raising the margarita on her hand to her lips.

“Yep!” Ali said, popping the P. “He’s over there being his charming self.” She nudged her head towards the booth they were previously standing by.

“He’s looking fine tonight.” Shawna licked her lips lustfully at the sight of Drake.

“All the damn time.” Emma nodded in agreement.

“Other than the obvious however, nobody else?”

“We haven’t really gotten the chance to go around yet.” The blonde answered for the both Emma and herself.

“Well then let’s go get our charms on!” Ali told the other two as they all took a huge gulp from their drinks and scattered around.

Truth be told, Ali wasn’t exactly in the mood for this. She just recovered from the flu after all, so she sat down and observed her friends from where she was.

“Not feeling it tonight?” Drake asked from across her. Ali shook her head and took another swig of her Corona.

“Too much for a comeback. I’m kind of aiming for a more subtle effect.” The cute guy chuckled from Alison’s answer.

“True. So, I might as well just take this opportunity to tell you about what you’ve missed.”

“Go for it.” She urged. And he did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey y'all! First chapter's up. Hope you guys liked it. It's starting kind of slow for now but I swear it will pick up along the way.

Please let me know what you think of it! That would really get me motivated and inspired. :)

xx