Status: Okay, I'm back, hopefully this is better than my previous attempt at a sequel...

Disenchanted

Chapter Three

“I got a job Will! I got a job!” I squealed in delight as I ran up to him.
He gave me a massive grin and opened his arms for a hug. I obliged by pouncing on him and wrapping my legs around his waist, laughing with glee.
“I knew you would! Which job did you get?” he asked, while spinning me around.
“None of the jobs I applied for!” I answered in the same delighted tone.
“What do you mean?” he asked, stopping the spins.
“The jobs I had interviews for all turned out to be duds in some way. Oh, well, there was one job that I got but I refuse to work for such assholes. I think I only got the job after screaming at them and telling them to shove their job up their ass…” I replied.
Will just shook his head and let me drop down.
“Only you,” Will teased. I grumbled and shoved him lightly.
“Shush you, now, where’s my munchkin?” I asked him.
“He’s inside, watching tv,” Will responded.
“Has he been good?” I asked.
“He’s been a perfect little angel,” Will replied, fondly.
I gave him a warm smile as I thought of my little boy.
“He sure is…” I agreed.
“What was his father like?” he asked.
I felt my blood run cold and, from pure instinct, I looked around nervously searching for him.
“He loved Alex and always treated him well,” I said quietly.
It was the truth. Aaron had never shown anything but love to Alex.
“And you?” Will prompted gently.
“He loved me,” was all I had to say on the matter.
I looked down and kept my focus on my shoes. Will understood that I would not say any more on the matter.
“Want a drink?” he offered.
I looked at him and for a moment, I was tempted. Unfortunately, reason won out over want.
“No thank you, I’d better get Alex home. Besides, I have a job trial to go to at eleven, tonight,” I reasoned.
“What kind of job has you working at eleven pm?!” William exclaimed as we walked into his house.
“I’m training to be a night time radio dj/presenter,” I said proudly.
I thought it was different and exotic from the usual jobs and I was excited to start.
“And what about Alex your son?” Will emphasised.
“He’ll be in bed at that point, and Bob will be home,” I explained, even though I thought Will should have already known.
“I just don’t think this is a good idea. I mean, Bob’s great, I love the guy, you know I do… but he’s not Alex’s father… he shouldn’t have to act like one. Plus, what if Alex gets another one of his night terrors?” Will asked skeptically.
“Will, it’s not ideal. I know it’s not ideal, but I need a job. I can’t sponge off benefits and Bob the rest of my life. These guys are pretty much the only people in the city who will hire me. I’m unqualified for everything! I really need this. I’m not like you, William. I’m not in a world famous band with millions of screaming fans who pay hundreds to see me and wear shirts with my face emblazoned all over them!” I finished with my hands on my hips.
I was a little bit hurt. I’d thought that of all people, Will would be the most supportive of my new job. I slid my eyes past Will to peek around his frame, he obligingly moved to the side and I gave him a small nod of appreciation.
“Alex!” I called into the house, while Will stayed silent.
“Mommy!” he squealed ecstatically, running out of the living room.
I scooped him up into my arms and spun him around in small circles with a massive grin on my face.
“Hey honey, how was your day?” I asked, once I’d stopped spinning him around.
“It was so much fun! Uncle Will took me to the zoo!” Alex exclaimed.
I raised an eyebrow inquiringly at Will and he gave me a sheepish smile and an awkward smile.
“Did you now? That makes you luckier than me, Mommy’s never been!” I gasped to my small child.
His eyes widened to the size of saucers and he twisted in my arms to face Will.
“Uncle Will! Can we take Mommy to the zoo?!” he cried.
Both Will and I laughed at his eagerness.
“Of course we can. We’ve just gotta make sure Mommy doesn’t get scared of the bears!” Will responded.
“And the tigers!” Alex growled.
“And the lions,” Will added.
“And the snakes!”
“And the spiders.”
“And the crocodiles!”
“And the sharks.”
I smiled wryly at the two of them talking.
“Don’t worry Mommy, I’ll hold your hand when you get scared!” Alex piped up, puffing out his chest.
“Thank you Alex,” I chuckled.
I exchanged a look with Will and found he was chuckling quietly to himself, looking over fondly at Alex.
“Anyway, you and I had best be getting home so why don’t you pack up all your stuff?” I said to Alex.
“Okay!” he agreed in his usual amiable way.
I put him down and he ran off to pack up his things.

“Hey, Bella, I have a proposition to put to you,” Will said shyly.
“Yeah?” I prompted him to continue.
“Move in here. With me,” he said, looking me straight in the eye.
I blinked in shock.
“It would be ideal! I can take care of Alex while you’re at work, we get on well, Alex likes it here, I have more space than I really need in this house anyway, plus, you’re closer to the city. I have a car, I can drive you, I don’t mind,” he pressed on.
“Will, I just wouldn’t really feel right about it. I mean, I’ve only known you a couple of months… Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate the offer, I really do… It just… wouldn’t feel right. It’d feel more like charity than anything else,” I said softly, so I didn’t offend him.
“I’ll charge you rent if that’s what you really want…”
“Will, please, I just don’t think it’ll happen… I just…” I trailed off.
Will stepped forwards and forced me to look up at his gigantic 6’3 frame, before he gently pressed his lips to my cheek.
“At least think about it,” he said softly in my ear.
My face turned about five million shades of red and I nodded.
“O-okay, I’ll think about it,” I couldn’t help the slight stutter in my voice and it caused my face to turn even redder.

Alex soon joined us and tugged on my arm.
“Yes, baby?” I asked him.
“Can we get ice cream?” he asked, his eyes shining in hopefulness.
“Baby, it’s nearly five. You have dinner in an hour, you know I don’t let you have treats in the hour before dinner,” I rebuked gently.
His smile turned into a pout and I gave him a look.
“No, no sooking. You know the deal,” I chastised him.
He ‘harrumphed’ but then looked up at William.
“Thank you for letting me stay and taking me to the zoo,” he said shyly.
William crouched to Alex’s height and ruffled his hair affectionately.
“Any time Alex, you’re always welcome,” he praised, briefly glancing at me.
“Well, we’d best get going munchkin, thank you so much for taking him Will, you’re a life saver,” I thanked him gratefully, before turning to put Alex in the car.
Before I had fully turned though, a hand caught my arm. I turned back to Will expectantly.
“That offer has no expiry date, just so you know,” Will said softly.
“Thank you,” I replied sincerely, before helping Alex into the car.

As I pulled up at home, Will's offer rang through my ears still. Alex immediately unbuckled himself and clambered out of the door, before rushing inside. I followed him at a slightly slower pace.
"Bella-a-a!" Bob cried out excitedly, dragging out the 'a'.
"Bobby-y-y!" I mimicked him teasingly.
"I'M GONNA BE IN A BAND!" he exclaimed, crashing into me.
A well of excitement for him built up in my chest and a massive grin broke out on my face.
"Bob! Oh, my God! That's incredible! I'm so happy for you! That's wonderful!" I gushed.
"I AM TOO! That's what my meeting was about! This band needed a new drummer and they contacted Bert to see if he knew anyone and he recommended ME! ME! And I did a trial and they just looked at each other, hummed and ahhed and then said they'd give me a shot! AND I'M SO EXCITED!" he cried out, elated.
I just laughed and hugged him tightly.
"Guess what, Bob... you're not the only one with good news..." I said, hinting.
"YOU GOT A JOB!"
"Yeah! At a radio station!" I laughed.
"Holy crap, that's awesome! Maybe one day you'll interview me! And my band!" he laughed.
"Maybe I will... Also, Bob, I hate to do this to you, especially tonight of all nights, but could I leave Alex with you? I have a job trial tonight at eleven..." I trailed off.
I knew he'd say yes but I felt bad for asking.
"I don't mind at all, it's no worries. The band's busy tonight anyway, so it's not like I had plans," Bob agreed kindly.
I gave him a grateful smile and hugged him.
"Thanks, Bobby, you're the best little brother ever," I mumbled.
"Don't you ever forget it!" he laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay... so... Don't kill me on the lateness of this? If anyone's reading.
I'm so sorry, it's just my laptop died months ago and I hadn't had the money to fix it and so now I've gone and bought a new one and I swear, this is like the first thing I've done with it! Write up a chapter for you guys! Do you forgive me? c:
I love you? c:
Yes?
No?
Cookies?