Status: Okay, I'm back, hopefully this is better than my previous attempt at a sequel...

Disenchanted

Chapter Four

It was late, around 10:30 pm and I was late. I was rushing around just trying to find my keys to leave but they were nowhere to be found!
"Bells! You've got half an hour before you've gotta be there! Cutting it a bit close..." Bob called out, cautioning me.
"I CAN'T FIND MY DAMN KEYS!" I yelled back.
A car horn tooted from the driveway and I frowned. We weren't expecting company. A cold shudder went down my spine and for a moment I was frozen with paranoia. I forced myself to move and I walked over to the door and peeked outside.
I nearly sagged with relief upon seeing Will's car, before surprise took over. I walked outside to his window.
"Need a lift?" he asked after scrolling down his car's window.
I couldn't help the smile that stretched across my face.
"How'd you know?" I asked, climbing into the car.
"Just a feeling," he laughed. "Now, where am I going?"
"Sea FM Radio," I instructed.

On the way there, in between instructions on where to go, William and I laughed, joked and behaved like young teens. I loved it. He was becoming my best friend, despite only knowing him for roughly three months.
"Hey Will, thanks for doing this for me, I really appreciate it. You're quite honestly one of the most wonderful people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting," I said when there was a small lapse in conversation.
"It's not a problem, really. I like doing it for you," Will shrugged.
"Well, thank you," I murmured, leaning over and kissing his cheek.
I figured, after today, we were good enough friends to do stuff like that. Will's cheeks darkened slightly as he pulled out the front of Sea FM's radio building.
"Well, this is me. Are you picking me up afterwards or am I taxi-ing it back?" I laughed, knowing it was going to be far too early of morning for Will to be up.
"Give me a call when you finish and I'll come out to pick you up and I'll drop you back home," Will replied.
"But... I won't be finishing for hours! It could be three in the morning!" I burst out surprised.
"It doesn't matter, I'll come out and pick you up any time you need me," he replied seriously, looking me straight in the eye.
I felt a well of uncertainty, fear and an odd sort of happy fluttering in my chest. I broke his stare and looked down self consciously as a thousand and one thoughts flew through my mind.
"Um, well, uh, I'd probably better be getting in there... Can't be late for my first trial at my new job," I stuttered, a little bit nervous now.
"Of course, good luck," Will smiled, giving my hand a quick, reassuring squeeze.
"Thank you for everything Will, I really appreciate it," I thanked him, before stepping out of the car.

I walked into the building and straight up to Chester's office.
"Ah! Ms. Bryar! Right on time, wonderful! Usually I'd run you by what usually happens but we've gotten a break tonight! A band has just sent in a couple of people to perform an interview for us! You applied on a very lucky day, because you're going to run the interview!" Chester declared.
I blinked.
"Uh, wow... Will I have someone with me to show me the ropes?" I asked.
Chester gave me a welcoming smile and nodded.
"I will be joining you and giving you a hand with everything. Now here are a set of questions that are standard as any for any interview, but then after that you have a free reign. Just be aware that we only have about fifteen minutes with them, twenty if we're lucky," Chester answered.
I nodded slowly, reading over the sheet of questions he gave me.
"Okay. I think I can do this," I murmured, more to myself than anyone else.
Chester just gave me an encouraging smile before ushering me into a small room. It had a a scary number of microphones, switches, knobs and flashing lights. I looked at Chester helplessly and he chuckled.
"Take a seat, that side of the soundboard. I'll give you a quick crash course before the interview, and then provide a more in-depth explanation once we're done," Chester reassured me.
I nodded and sat in a seat on the furthermost side of the soundboard.
"Alright, now, let's get started," Chester said formally, taking a seat next to me. "This is called a soundboard. All of these lights and switches are daunting I know but for the moment, the only ones you'll need to know are these ones."
He pointed out to a couple of dials, a couple of switches and a pair of light panels.
"These switches are for the microphones. They've sent us two people to interview so we'll be using microphones one and two. The switch with 'Home Microphone 1' labelled underneath it, that's your microphone. The light panels are to show the sound quality and how loud you and our guests are being. If they go too high on the spectrum we need to tune them down a little bit so that the sound doesn't come through distorted or obnoxiously loud to our listeners..."
I nodded to myself and kept mental notes on everything he was saying. I was nervous. Really nervous. This was a sort of sink or swim situation.
"...And now, you're just about to go on. How are you feeling?" Chester asked.
I took a deep breath and a large swallow and looked at him.
"As ready as I'll ever be," I replied.
He gave me a warm smile.
"Atta girl. Now, let's introduce you to the world!"

"Hey guys, this is Chester and you're here with me at eleven pm on Sea FM. I have something to announce today, we have a new host with us today, so let's all say a big welcome to Miss. Bryar!"
I quickly hit my switch to open up my microphone and laughed.
"Please, 'Miss. Bryar' is a bit much, you can all call me Bella. I'm going to share a secret with you guys... I haven't done this before, ever... So I'm just a little bit nervous. I'm kinda hoping I don't say anything too goofy or anything that makes people want to run after me with torches and pitchforks!"
Chester laughed, "I think the goofiest thing you just said then was the word 'goofy'."
I smiled and blushed at Chester and he gave me a small thumbs up.
"We also have some other news, you guys are in for a treat as some of the guys from My Chemical Romance have been so kind as to join us down here at the station! Plus, our lovely new Bella will be doing her debut performance as an interviewer! Aren't we all lucky?" Chester smirked ever so slightly at me and I poked my tongue out at him.
The door opened and three men walked in. There was a short, pierced and tattooed guy with green-hazel eyes, a tall, lanky guy walked with him wearing black glasses and finally a man with a big brown afro followed.
"Welcome to Sea Fm!" Chester greeted warmly.
"Thanks so much for having us," the short guy replied.
I frowned slightly, I felt like I knew these guys from somewhere; there was just this nagging feeling in my gut.
"We much prefer these night interviews as opposed to early morning ones, we're kinda like vampires that way," the lanky guy laughed.
"Well, we very much appreciate you stopping by. And this is our new presenter, Bella, she'll be doing the main interview," Chester introduced, gesturing to me.
I smiled and the lanky guy frowned slightly.
"You look familiar... Have we met at a show before?" he inquired.
"Unfortunately not, I'm embarrassed to admit that I had never even heard of you guys before now," I sheepishly admitted.
He shook his head.
"Never mind then. You just remind me of someone," he dismissed.
"Well, in any case, I suppose we should start with the interview!" Chester suggested.
"That sounds smashing," the afro guy responded.

I turned in my chair to face the men as they sat down and I flicked my microphone on and tweaked the sound dials.
"Welcome everyone, to those just tuning in we are with three members from My Chemical Romance, they kindly offered us some of their time so go on and introduce yourselves," I started.
"Hey everyone, I'm Ray," the afro guy introduced.
"I'm Mikey fucking Way," the lanky guy said casually.
My eyes widened and I looked to Chester and he was just laughing to himself so I let it go.
"And I'm Frankie. The best and most handsome," the short guy finished up.
"It's great to have you here, so now, how is My Chemical Romance going? I'm told you have quite a few hit songs?" I asked.
Chester gave me a quick nod in assurance.
"Yeah, we put out I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love last year and now we're working on our second album, Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge," Ray answered.
"Wow, capturing titles," I commented.
Chester gave me a quick look and then flicked his microphone on.
"So just recently I heard some news of your drummer, Matt leaving the band, is this true?" he asked.
"Wow, we hadn't really expected word to get out so fast. But yes, due to a difference in opinion and musical direction Matt has left the band. We wish him well with his endeavours," Mikey answered tactfully.
I saw his eyes dance around the room as he responded though which lead me to believe he was lying but I let it go.
"So, what are you doing by the way of a drummer then?" I asked, genuinely curious.
"Well, we contacted a friend of ours who put us onto our new drummer. He's going to do the clip for I'm Not Okay and then we'll see what happens," Ray answered.
"Sounds like you got lucky," Chester commented.
"We really did. He's awesome, he's not actually in a band at the moment but he plays just as good as any official drummer I've ever known. Plus he just plain fucking rocks, he's got an awesome personality that just meshes with ours," Frank agreed.
"He sounds amazing... So a film clip hey? That must be fun?" I inquired.
"It's the best fun ever... we can't really give away much, but I think it'll be something kids can relate to, well the outcasts anyway. We kinda pulled from our own experiences for this one," Frank laughed.
I didn't know what antics were involved, but it already sounded like fun.
"Any chance of a sneak peek?" I laughed.
Frank made a mock gasp at me.
"That's cheating! None of us here are cheaters! You'll have to wait until next week like everybody else," he teased and I pretended to look annoyed.
"Not fair," I grumbled.
"Are there any other singles? I'm told Helena is a big hit," I questioned.
The mood immediately took a turn for the worse. Mikey looked away and the guys both turned to him.
"Yeah, It's actually about Mikey's grandmother, she passed away just recently and that song was written to commemorate and celebrate her wonderful life," Ray said quietly.
I immediately felt like a dick and I could see Chester felt the same.
"I'm so sorry for your loss, Mikey," I murmured softly.
His brown eyes looked up at me and I could see an infinite amount of sadness in them.
"It's okay. She had a great life and she was the best grandmother in the world. She actually bought us our first tour bus, so I guess, if it weren't for her we wouldn't actually be here, and I think doing this, being My Chemical Romance, is the best way to honor her and her memory," he said quietly.
I gave him a big smile.
"I believe that too, Mikey," I replied.

Once we got past Mikey's grandmothers death we moved onto lighter topics and soon we were all laughing and joking like old friends. The boys made it easy and I felt no nervousness at all. Before we knew it, it was midnight and we had to wrap the segment up.
"Well now, unfortunately, it is midnight and that means we have to wrap this up. So every one say thanks to Mikey, Ray and Frank for donating their time to us tonight and welcome Bella to our team!" Chester finished up.
The three men all said their goodbyes and thank yous as I turned to Chester.
"My Chemical Romance, everyone, their new hit single and film clip, I'm Not Okay to hit stores everywhere Thursday, next week! So long for now, and now, as a tribute, is My Chemical Romance's Helena!" Chester called out and hit play.
He turned everyone's microphones off and the three men left the studio as I turned to Chester in shock and happiness.
"I-I'm?" I asked.
"Job's yours if you want it. You're a natural. In any case, you're free to go now and enjoy your last free night, I will expect you at eleven tomorrow night. Also tomorrow I will give you some paperwork that needs to be completed as soon as possible," he said.
I gave him the biggest smile with watery eyes and threw my arms around him. He chuckled and gave me a couple of pats before letting go.
"You will not regret this," I promised him.
"I don't believe I will," he replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! So this is finally up! Now, I'm not promising anything, but I'm feeling like it's time to come back to this so hopefully I should have more regular updates to come.
Thank you to anyone and everyone that reads this, whether old or new, it still means the world to me.