Status: Okay, I'm back, hopefully this is better than my previous attempt at a sequel...

Disenchanted

Chapter Six

AUTHOR'S NOTE: THIS IS THE THIRD CHAPTER UPLOADED TONIGHT! IF YOU ARE JUST JOINING US, PLEASE GO TO CHAPTER FOUR AND READ FROM THERE!


The next morning I woke up I woke up at seven past five in the morning and I yawned while stretching before climbing out of bed. I always woke up early after one of Alex's night terrors. I tip toed into his room and curled up in the rocking chair. I always felt the need to watch him as he slept after a terror. It was more for my sake than his. I hummed and sang softly as I waited for him to wake up. To pass the time I picked up his scrapbook. Being my first child I had wanted to document every single moment.
I smiled as I idly flicked through the pictures of him as a newborn, first trip to the beach, his first birthday, and I paused as I reached one photo. It had Alex was one and a half and being cradled by Aaron. He was holding him like he was the most precious thing in his life. I touched the photo gently and my heart ached as I remembered that day.

"Oh, my God..." I murmured as I set down the phone.
Aaron looked over to me from his desk and his soft green eyes took in my wretched expression and he came over to me.
"Hey, sweetheart, is everything okay?" he asked softly, cradling my face in his hands.
"Rick just lost Alana and Beth... I-it... They... It was a h-home i-invasion... They were meant to be out... But... They weren't..." I whimpered.
I saw Aaron's face change as he understood what had happened to the mother and daughter.
"Oh, my God..." he whispered.
"I need to hold Alex," I whimpered.
I knew in my heart that he was okay, but after hearing the horrible news, I needed to hold my son, to make sure he was alive.
"I'll get him honey, don't worry, you two will ALWAYS be safe with me. If anyone EVER threatens the either of you I will kill them," he said seriously, before kissing my forehead and collecting our son for me.
I waited for a few minutes for him to return but when he didn't return in five minutes I panicked. I raced upstairs to see where they were and as I walked in I saw Aaron holding Alex and whispering to him.
"They will never touch you. I will never let anything happen to you, or your mother. You two will always be safe. I promise... I love you..." I heard softly.
My heart absolutely melted and a small smile grew on my face as I looked at the two most important men in my life.


"Is that Alex's father?"
A voice snapped me out of my memory and I slammed the book shut as I looked up. I saw Will standing there with a surprised look on his face.
"Sorry. I just. Memory. I got lost," I scrambled for my words.
He gave a small chuckle.
"Good one?" he asked.
I debated for a moment. The memory itself was good, but that was the turning point to which Aaron had turned from the kind, sweet man I married to the over protective, controlling creature I escaped.
"Um. I'm not sure," I mumbled.
Will gave me a confused look before brushing it off.
"So, how long have you been up?" he asked.
"What's the time now?" I asked.
He looked at his watch.
"Quarter past six," he answered.
I did a bit of quick math before answering.
"Just over an hour. I always wake up early after Alex has a night terror," I admitted.
Will gave me a smile.
"Means you're a good mom," he said.
I smiled and looked at my child.
"I try to be..." I murmured.
I looked back to my scrapbook and I could feel William's eyes on it as well.
"May I have a look?" he asked.
I hesitated. Part of me felt that by showing William, I was showing him Aaron and that I would have to open up about it, but i wasn't sure I was ready for that.
"I-I..." I stuttered.
Will gave me a small, albeit slightly sad, smile and nodded his head.
"It's okay, I understand..." he reassured.
"I just... I'm starting to get into a good place after Aaron and I's split and I'm just afraid that it... Opens things," I tried to explain lamely.
"It's honestly fine, I'll see them later when you show me, when you're ready," William assured.
I could see he was a bit disappointed, but he didn't press things, he waited until the time was right.
"Thanks, and... I'm sorry," I apologised.
"No need," Will said.
I gave him a smile before a small voice broke in.
"Mommy?"

My attention immediately turned to Alex as he sat up, rubbing his eyes.
"Hey honey, how are you feeling?" I asked, getting up to pick him up.
I set him on my hip as his tired little face rested on my shoulder.
"I had bad dreams," he whimpered.
"Shh, it's okay honey, Mommy's here, they can't hurt you," I hushed softly.
"I dreamed that Daddy was hurting you, I tried to stop him! But he hurt me too!" he wailed.
Out of the corner of my eye I saw William frown and his lips press together.
"It's okay honey, you know Daddy would never hurt us. He loved us, it was just a dream," I reassured.
Which was true. Aaron never had never raised a hand to me, and I knew for a fact he had never dreamed of doing it to Alex. He was the absolute apple of his eye.
"But, but," he whimpered again.
"No baby, they're just nasty dreams. The Sandman was away last night, there were other children that needed him, I'm sorry he missed you last night," I reassured him.
"When will we see Daddy again Mommy?" Alex asked.
I hated when he asked things like that, it broke my heart to lie to him.
"I'm not sure baby," I murmured.
"I miss him," Alex said softly.
"I know baby, we both do," I said honestly.
I missed the old Aaron. The one I married and fell in love with. I closed my eyes as I felt tears bubble up and I rested my head on Alex's. I felt Will place his hand on my back and he gave me a comforting smile, which I returned.
"So, anyway, who wants Lucky Charms?" I asked cheerfully, breaking Alex out of his sad bubble.

After breakfast, which William stayed for, I left Alex with Bob for a few minutes while I walked William out to his car. He had been unusually quiet all morning, since Alex woke up.
"Hey, is everything okay?" I questioned him.
Will pressed his lips together before heaving a sigh and running his fingers through his hair.
"Did Aaron ever... hurt you?" he asked.
His eyes were on mine and were searching. I swallowed and licked my lips.
"He never raised a hand to me. Or Alex. He just had a bad dream, that's all. He's finding it hard to adjust without his father," I replied.
"There's more than one way to hurt someone," William said quietly.
Now I was the one to press my lips together and sigh.
"Will... He never abused me. I know abuse, I grew up with it. What he did was not abuse," I tried to explain.
"Just because it's not a strike does not mean it's not abuse," Will pushed.
"William. He was not abusive. Yes, occasionally he would yell, occasionally he would grip a little tight, he liked things a certain way, but all he was doing was getting a point across," I said hotly.
"So why did you leave? Why are you living with Bob? If he's such a goddamn saint, why is Alex not allowed to see his father?" William challenged me.
I felt my heart beat strongly in my chest and I had no real answer.
"Fuck you, William," I growled, before turning away.
His hand reached out and caught me before I could take a step and I was pulled into his chest.
"I'm sorry, I just don't like the thought of anyone hurting you. You're too... lovely," William apologised.
I deflated a bit as I returned the hug.
"It's okay, just... I don't like talking or thinking about it. I left everything behind for a reason," I mumbled.
"Why don't we just drop it... you know you're pretty fiery for a blonde," Will teased.
I gave him a quick punch as I pulled away and he laughed.
"Anyway, I'll see you next time," I said with a smile.
"See ya Bella," Will said before he climbed into his car and pulled out of the driveway.
He tooted once and I turned to walk back into my home.

"You know he has a thing for you right?" Bob said casually as I walked in.
I looked at him and laughed off my nervousness.
"Funny, Bob, you know we're just friends," I called to him.
"Might be for you, but have you ever wondered what goes on in his mind?" Bob called back.
I ignored him as I gathered some stuff up for Alex. I decided I was going to take him to the park. I packed up his stroller, a bag filled with toys, food, drinks and a small first aid kit. I threw my purse and went to throw my phone in when I saw I had 3 messages from unknown numbers. I paused to read them.
The first read: Hey, it's Mikey here, just y'know, keeping in touch. Don't need to kill me now :P
I chuckled and saved his number before reading the next message.
This one read: Hi Bells, it's Ray. Or if it's not Bells and you've given us a fake number, don't respond. Please.
I snorted with laughter at Ray, I proceeded to save his number and move onto the last which I deduced was Frank's number.
This one had a picture attached: Hello m'dear Bells, it is the one, the only, Frankenstein! Message me back when you can! Or not, but then you'll break my heart and you don't want to do that do you?
I opened the attachment and saw it was Frankie giving me the biggest, saddest, kicked puppy dog eyes.
"Oh boys... how did I ever live without you?" I murmured to myself.
I walked back down stairs and saw Bob getting ready to head out.
"Where are you off too?" I asked.
"Gotta do a thing with the band today. Can you believe it? I have a band..." Bob laughed disbelievingly.
"I always knew you would be eventually," I said, kissing his cheek.
"You were the only one who thought so," he said, giving me a smile.
"That's because I was the only one who recognised your potential," I pointed out.
"True, so what are your plans for the day?" he asked.
"I'm thinking of taking Alex to the park then... I'm not sure, to be honest," I admitted.
"Well have fun and stay safe," he reminded me before taking off.
I walked into the living room and saw Alex watching cartoons.
"Want to go to the park darling?" I asked.
"Yes! Yes! Yes!" he exclaimed.
"Well, come on then!" I encouraged.
He leapt up and raced to the door and waited. I grabbed the bag and my car keys which were hiding under the bills.
"Where were you yesterday when I needed you?" I grumbled to myself.
"Okay, to the park we go!"
♠ ♠ ♠
THREE CHAPTERS!! I'm on fire!
Anyway, I know this is a slow chapter, but bear with me. It gets better.
Enjoy xx