Status: Okay, I'm back, hopefully this is better than my previous attempt at a sequel...

Disenchanted

Chapter Eight

We sat there talking for probably another hour before Mikey got a call.
"Hey, what's up?"
-Pause-
"I'm with Alicia and Bells."
-Pause-
"Okay, sounds good. I'll see you then."
-Pause-
Mikey laughed.
"For sure."
-Pause-
"Okay, bye."
He hung up and turned back to us.
"Okay so, we're having a party at our new drummer's place. We've agreed to bring him into the band. Everyone's going there to celebrate and party all night! And you're invited, Bells," Mikey said, grinning.
My eyes lit up but then I looked to Alex and remembered work.
"I'm sorry but I can't stay for long. I'll have to go after Alex has been put to bed and I'll have to leave early because I work nights now," I regrettably explained.
"That's fine! So long as you're there! The address is 36 Bellhaven Avenue," Mikey said.
"That can't be right, are you sure you heard right?" I asked.
"Yeah? It was texted to me," Mikey said, confused.
"That's my address!" I said in shock.
Mikey paused and then the pieces fell together.
"OH MY GOD! MY BROTHER IS YOUR NEW DRUMMER! OH MY GOD!" I exclaimed in delight.
Before Mikey could speak I gave him a huge bear hug.
"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! He has wanted this opportunity for so long! Thank you for giving this to him! You won't regret it! He is the best drummer I've ever come across! Thank you! You have made his dream come true!" I thanked profusely.
Mikey just laughed.
"He's good. He's got serious talent and an amazing sense of rhythm and timing. Plus he has an awesome personality," Mikey complimented him.
I beamed with absolute pride.
"He is my rock and I really mean it when I say that you won't regret this. He is the most dedicated person I've ever come across," I said earnestly.
"I know, it's easy to see. But in any case, we have to move on. They need me to sign some legal documents and stuff. We'll see you tonight though," Mikey explained.
"That's fine, Alex and I should take off ourselves anyway. Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate it," I replied.
"Any time," Mikey agreed.
Alicia and I said our goodbyes and I collected Alex before taking off home.

When I got home Alex and I went inside to wait for Bob. He got home about an hour later while Alex was taking a nap.
"SO, I hear someone officially joined a little band called My Chemical Romance," I teased as he entered the kitchen.
"Yes. They sat me down today officially brought me into the group and I had to sign some paperwork about confidentiality and copyright papers and things and then... hey presto! I'm officially part of the band," Bob explained, sitting down with a glass of water.
"And I hear we're holding a party here?" I asked.
"Yep, and don't worry. I've got Alex covered. I've got a friend looking after him for us for the night so you can paarr-taaayyy!" Bob exclaimed.
I chuckled.
"Until about nine-thirty, ten-ish," I corrected him.
"Whatever. People should start getting here at about seven. Be ready, loser!" Bob teased, standing up and disappearing.
I shook my head and went to check on Alex.

It was six and I was just emerging from my shower. A friend had come and picked up Alex and they had a sleepover planned for Alex and their little boy so I wasn't too concerned, although I did feel weird without Alex around. I shook my head and breathed. I was free for a night. Well, half a night. I went into my room and rummaged through my closet to find a dress. I pulled out one, black with lace sleeves, I held it up against me and scrunched up my nose. Too plain. I grabbed an orange and pink one and held that one against me. Too summery.
I tried dress after dress but nothing worked. They were either too dressy or not dressy enough. Or strapless. I didn't feel like dealing with that drama tonight. I sighed and then I saw something in the back of my closet and pulled it out.
I smiled as I remembered it. It had been a gift from my mother, for missing my birthday. She and I had gone shopping and she saw it and made me try it on and apparently this dress had been made for me so she had bought it, waving away my protests about the price.
It was a little aqua number with a pleated bodice and a chiffon skirt. There was some beading along the neckline and along the waistline and it was really pretty. I had never had an opportunity to wear it.
I ripped the price tag off and slipped the dress on and smiled as I felt the fabric against me. I turned to look at my back and my eyes went wide slightly as the back plunged down to my mid back. I bit my lip upon seeing old scars and I nearly ripped it off before looking back at the pile of clothes on my bed. I literally had nothing else to wear. I then decided to leave my hair down, that would hide most of my scars.

I sat at my dresser and took out my curling wand. I plugged it in and started in my quest to make my hair curl nicely. After about a half hour I had less curls and more waves than anything. I grumbled softly to myself. It wasn't exactly what I wanted but, it still looked good so I decided to live with it.
I applied some natural make up to my face and smiled at my reflection. I looked okay. I stood up grabbed a pair of simple silver heels and threw on a small delicate necklace that Bob had given me.

I walked downstairs, being careful not to trip and fall in my heels. At the end of the stairs, I heard voices and I saw The Academy Is... and The Used in the kitchen with Bob already. I blushed as everyone's eyes fell on me.
"Hot mama comin' through!" Sisky from The Academy Is... exclaimed.
I laughed as Bob slapped him upside the head.
"More like my goddamn sister," Bob growled.
"Chill Bob, Sisky's harmless," I laughed as I joined them.
Bob just grumbled as the boys turned back to their conversations. I joined William in his little circle. He was talking with Sisky, Michael Chislett both from TAI as well as Jeph and Bert from The Used. They were talking about the potential change in US policy about torture for al Queda and Taliban prisoners of war. I had no idea anything had been going on so I listened intently.
"I think it should be allowed. I mean, these guys would do the exact same to us if we were captured," Jeph said.
"So, what, we're meant to sink down to their level? That's fucking sick, man. We're part of the first world! We're meant to set examples! And if we do torture those we do capture, we will have to torture all of them, all of our prisoners of war, to prove we're not racist. If we persecute one, we must persecute all. I don't want that for us. How will we ever be able to hold our head up high?" Michael demanded.
Jeph continued on and I zoned out. This wasn't exactly a party topic and to be honest, I didn't really want to think that the US government could do something like that.

"You okay?" William asked me quietly, pulling me out of my thoughts.
"Yeah, just not in the mood to discuss torture," I admitted.
Will smiled and nodded.
"Yeah, its a bit of a mood killer isn't it?" he agreed.
"Just slightly," I laughed.
"Well I know what's not a mood killer," Will said.
"Yeah?" I asked, perking up a little.
"You. You look... amazing," Will commented.
I blushed a bright red and looked down self consciously.
"I kinda wondered if it was a bit much," I mumbled.
Will just gave me a smile and shook his head.
"It's perfect," he murmured, his hand coming to rest on my mid back.
His first two fingers were on my skin and I was tingling just underneath them.
"Thank you," I said softly, looking up.
He smiled and then turned back to the conversation. I started to think of what Bob was saying about William liking me more than a friend and I tried to think of him that way but, I could only see him as a really good friend; my best friend.
I opened my mouth to say his name but the door opened and several people walked in.
"And the party can start!" Frank's voice bellowed.

An hour later and I was on my second Wild Turkey and coke. I was feeling a bit giggly and I knew deep inside that I would have to stop after this one if I wanted to make a good impression at my first official day for work. I really didn't want to though, I was having such a good time and the music was pounding. The people here were all people we knew or girlfriends so it was pretty safe and it wasn't wild or out of control, but it was fun.
I was talking to Alicia and Jamia, who I found out was Frank's girlfriend. I loved knowing that sweet little Frankie had someone as adorably sweet and lovely as her. She was as calm and unflappable as Frankie was as wild and chaotic and they balanced each other out as perfect as a ying/yang circle.
"So, Frank told me you used to be their best friend back in high school, what were they like back then?" Jamia asked.
I laughed.
"Well as for Frankie, he literally hasn't changed. He has always been hyperactive and a ridiculous child, but mega tonnes of fun. Ray, he's a bit more open, he seems to have a better control on his temper than he used to. I can't really say for sure, I've only reconnected in the past two days," I laughed. "Mikey just, seems more free. More mature. But the goddamn kid needs to eat!"
Alicia threw her head back in laughter.
"Believe me, he eats. He eats like a goddamn pig, but the lucky bastard just doesn't put on weight. I wish I was that goddamn lucky," she grumbled.
I gave her a sly look.
"So, eight years you guys have been together... Do I hear wedding bells yet?" I teased.
"Oh, please. You know Mikey. Mr. No-Balls. He won't ask yet. Plus I think he wants to wait a bit before it all happens," Alicia shrugged.
I shook my head.
"So, how about Gerard, what was he like in high school?" Jamia asked.
Alicia smirked as she turned to me. I just smiled.
"Amazing. He was so open and honest. He could light up a room with a funny remark or retort or something and he saved me. Several times. I just hope he's doing okay. Do you guys see him at all?" I asked.
Alicia frowned.
"Yeah? Of course... he's the lead singer..." she said.
My mouth dropped.
"You're kidding?!" I exclaimed.
"No, did no one tell you? He started the whole thing. He called Ray and Mikey saying he had a song and wanted them to help him with it," Alicia replied.
That meant he would be here. I turned and searched through the people looking for him. I wondered if I would even recognise him, or if he would recognise me.
"Excuse me, I'm going people hunting," I said, before disappearing.
I felt like I had to know what he was like and who he was now. I walked into the living room, and into the kitchen without a sign of him. I grumbled and turned around and took about one step in the other direction, before colliding with a body and stumbling back.
"Oh my God, I'm so sorry!" I blurted out immediately.
I looked up and my eyes widened as a smile graced my face.
"Gerard?"
♠ ♠ ♠
If you're interested, here is the dress she was wearing at the party: Dress
Also, the news they were talking about was proper news on the 23rd of June 2004. Well... according to Wikipedia anyway.

So, I know it's slow and the past updates have been kinda boring but... here's Gerard! :D Hopefully that makes up for it!
Anywho, thankyou to everyone who is reading this story, it means the world to me ^_^