‹ Prequel: Lost Cause

Hallelujah

Palmface to the Max

Obviously, I did not, in any way, shape, or form, want to go back to the studio the next morning. But getting dragged by your foot off a tall bed (thankfully onto a rug, though the hardwood floors around them were like ice) can change your mind quite quickly. I got up from the floor grumpily and whacked a shirtless (by god, he was hot) Brian in the head, voicing my irritation;

"Fucking meanie!" He laughed. I don't blame him. But it still was a blow to my pride, so I strutted, doing my best imitation of a sexed up vixen (and not a short loser with bedhead and shorts proclaiming "Juicy" on the ass in purple lettering) to try and piss him off. He laughed harder.

For most of the morning, I pouted. I pouted in the bathroom, in the car, in a chair at the studio, while drinking my coffee, and I would've kept doing that if I hadn't heard.

"Why the hell is Cady acting like such a bitch? Didn't you and her have a ..good time.." I could almost hear Johnny's eyebrows rising above his hairline, " last night?" Brian snorted,

"Of course, but we also met the absolute worst the gothic slut last night at Antonini's, called her a whore for breaking up with Matt... I almost slapped her..." I peeked around the corner, Brian had his back to me, but his fists were clenched as he said, "No one talks to my girl that way.." Cue the palmface from Johnny.

And the less profound one from me. Though, I did almost stab her... I giggled silently, thinking of her dead and bleeding on the floor. Yes, I'm sadistic. How'd ya guess?

Johnny shrugged a bit and said,
"Well, it was really sudden... and you two getting together happened almost instantly... Dude,dude,dude, I'm not getting on her side, I'm just stating the facts!" He put his hands up in protest. Another palmface from me. I wondered dimly if my forehead was turning pink yet, as I watched Brian relax slightly and huff a bit.

"You're right.. it's just.. Why can't they accept that I..." another huff, "Fuck it, let them think what they want, I still care about her no matter what." Aw.. I felt my cheeks redden slightly.

"We all know that..." Johnny started, "but she still seems a little... I dunno.. think about it, isn't this still too soon? You've seen how fucking tortured Matt looks when he sees you two.. at it.. and she's still depressed.." Brian was shaking his head. Johnny's too observant for his own good, if you ask me... But he was sort of right... I guess.. but... AHHH!

Would you relax already? Next stop, aneurysm. Shut up, bitchy voice! I need to stop yelling at myself -- and yelling back.

"What-the-fuck ever, Johnny." Brian was walking away, and... oh shit, this way, I took a flying leap and ran into the closest room, to escape and palmface myself a few hundred more times.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter AGAIN. sorry, the next one'll be a lot longer.