‹ Prequel: Lost Cause

Hallelujah

Flying is for Flies

Yeah, I'm on a plane again. What's this, the...
Hold on, I have to count on my fingers.
(One, two, three, fo...)
..fourth time I've been on a plane in the last five months. And the same feelings seem to be residing in my chest.
I'm nervous as hell, wondering who's going to pick me up from the airport, if I'm going to enjoy myself, if I should've come back, yah-dah, yah-dah, yah. But there's a few new emotions spinning around in my still-blonde (though I had it re-bleached yesterday, so it's painfully bright under florescent lights) head.

I miss Brian. That'd be the main one.
I think I may actually be over Matt now too, since he's not on my mind every eight seconds. Amazing, ye-

I snap myself out of that little mental charade/flurry and listen to the pilot drone over the sound system, finally waking up the ugly fat business man (whom I think has sleep apnea... or maybe he's just a fatass, one can never be sure about these things) who's been snoring on my shoulder for the last three hours.

"We're ..ahhhhhh... about ten minutes to landing at the ..ahhhhh... Meadows Airport in Bakersfield, California. Thank you for taking flight ...ahhhh... 784 with us, ..ahhhh...we hope you enjoyed your ride."

My fucking God. It's like every pilot ever is trying to read from fucking teleprompters on the ground. I mentally palm-faced myself with my left hand, glad that I'd left my fake ring in New York. If I missed it, I knew I'd be back soon anyway. Probably. Maybe. We'll see. Who knows?
Unless this thing with Brian works out... if so, maybe I can stay with him, hug him all the time like the needy bitch I am, maybe he can even teach me to play guitar better than a retarded fourth grader.. on drugs.

I resisted the urge to giggle at the thought of being in love again. Though, maybe I already was healed and in love with my ex-fiancee's best friend.
Yay for being evil, yes?
I felt the front of the plane lurch down, making my head bob up a bit and leading rise to that underlying nausea that has little to do with motion sickness. The seat belt sign dinged for the umpteenth time during this endless flight and I closed my eyes, letting my mind wander where it may. To my surprise, I saw Matt swimming before my vision, him fake-glaring at me, though a smile lit up his chestnut eyes and soon spread down to his gorgeous dimples. I snapped my eyes open at the old memory.

You know, this is one of those many, many times when I wish I could slam my head against a wall.
I hate flying...