‹ Prequel: Lost Cause

Hallelujah

Idea

I think I only sat on the floor for another few minutes before standing up and glaring at the mirror.

My decision had been made.

So now I'm sitting in a salon and waving goodbye to my shoulder-length blonde hair as a hair stylist applies enough foil to my head to use me as an efficient lightening rod. Again I'm changing the way I look as to confuse the fuck out of everyone. Not to mention confuse the girl in the mirror.

"Wow," That was my only response to the stylist's question. Then a stuttering, "Thank y-you, it looks great!" I paid the exorbitant fee and walked out, finding the feeling strange that I no longer had long enough hair to fully hide my face (fucking chin..). I checked my phone, unaware I'd turned it off in the first place. No missed calls or text messages. Awesome, I didn't feel like talking to anyone anyway. I unlocked to door to my car and slid in, staring for a minute or so at my new hair. Why'd you dye it brown again? And get it cut so short and weird?

"Cause I fucking felt like it. And it's not that short! It still goes to my chin and frames my face better than frizzy blonde choppy hair. Wait.. why am I explaining this to you? You should already know." Touche...

It took about four minutes to get back to Brian's house, I walked in and heard the TV on. The door slammed shut behind me because if the wind, causing Brian to call out,

"Hey, is that you, Babe?"

"Yeah," I replied. I was nervous as hell, hoping he'd like what he saw. He walked into the atrium, smiling and saying,

"I was wondering where you went, Ca-... woah..." Ha-ha! He hates it! I knew he would! I bit my lip and looked down at the ground, staring at the twilight-fueled rainbows shining up at me.

"Is it that bad?" He shrugged and walked closer, moving the auburn hair out of my eyes with an appraising look.

"No, just surprising... As long as you still have more hair on your head than me, I'm fine with it." I chuckled and hugged him.

"So, what are we doing tonight?" He pulled away and leaned against the wall.

"Nothing, I gotta pack." My eyebrows disappeared under my new choppy bangs. A sudden burst of anger bubbled under my skin, causing my fists to clench. Why the fuck did he wait to tell me?

"For what?" I kept up a nonchalant air, though my arms crossed defensively.

"Going to Vegas for an interview/photo shoot with Guitar World. Me and Zacky are heading up tomorrow morning." I blinked. Oh... Sometimes it slips my mind that my boyfriend is a rockstar. Sad, right?

"Oh, okay, whatever." I shrugged and played with my bracelet.

"Everyone else is heading over on Saturday, so we'll only be apart for a day or so," Oh.. I guess that makes it less annoying. I'd probably miss him the minute he left though. I'm a needy bitch like that. He stepped back over to me, messing up my hair (I whined and glared at him) and pecking my forehead. "I'll be upstairs if you need me,"

"M'kay," I watched him bound up the stairs, then thought for a moment. Back in Las Vegas? A small smile grew on my face. I had an idea.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this sucks.
It's just filler anyway.