‹ Prequel: Lost Cause

Hallelujah

A Filler Chapter

I got all my emotional baggage into a tote bag (with everything I'd need for the night) and was out the door to the suite less than five minutes later. There didn't seem to be a good reason to yell to Bri I was leaving.

It'd be mean to distract him, right?

Right.

This is the part where I call Lyndsey and tell her that one of my local friends whom I haven't seen in for-fucking-ever called to take me to dinner, so yeah, I'm not going to make it to Thunder Down Under. Yeah, I realize it was my idea, but I haven't seen the woman in three years... Uh-huh, uh-huh. Okay. I know, but you guys can make it without me, I'm sure. Tell everyone not to lose their panties. Ha, okay. Bye Lyndsers!

Bullshitting someone for that long should award itself with an Oscar. But it doesn't. It just gives me an alibi for tonight.

Would someone please cue the evil laugh?

Uh, buah. . .ha. . .ha? Oh, not you again. I actually need my wits about me tonight. Pssht, why? All you're going to be doing is whoring your fat ass up a pole. I let that one go. It can get pretty hard to yell at your subconscious in public... But yes, the voice was right. I walked into a narrow-ass alley and pulled open a side-door, suddenly in the same hall I was in yesterday and directly across from the dressing rooms.

Shit, it seems you've guessed correctly. I am back at the Prism. Good of you to figure it out before I did.
♠ ♠ ♠
What the title said.