Status: Its finished, and its total crap, i know.

Common People

chapter nine

Week two and no calls. Me and Karen were really starting to worry. The bills need be payed in a week or else we'd most likely get kicked out. All Alex did really was sleep and read and then sleep some more. One night I came in to see an empty bottle of cough medicine on the nightstand next to a passed out Lex. I flipped and had been sleeping on the couch ever since. I didn't know what her problem was, why she couldn't try to get a job as well. Try to help us out! As much as I hated to admit it, she reminded me of what my mother turned out to be. Weak, giving up when times get rough. But that's what she'd done! She just gave up as soon as things got too tough for her.
As I came back from job hunting yet again, id had enough. She had done this long enough. Storming into the bedroom I grabbed her wrist and forced her out of bed. I knew she wasn't asleep, she was just laying there in the dark. “SAM STOP IT!” She yelled but I ignored it. I forced her into a chair and shoved a sheet of paper in front of her. “What is this shit?” She asked me without looking at it first. “Its a list of all the jobs me and Karen have interviewed for!!!” I yelled. She raised a brow at me, “AND?” I leaned towards her and pointing at the sheet, “I think its time you add the list of jobs YOU interviewed for! Oh that's right! You didn't even BOTHER to try to get a job and help us, now did you?!” She gave me the death glare and rushed out of her seat in a sudden fury. “YOU KNOW WHAT, I SHOULDNT HAVE TO!” she shouted and I raised my eyes brows at her, “OH IS THAT SO?!” she nodded, “AND HOW DO YOU FIGURE, ALEX?!” she laughed bitterly and smirked, “IM ONE OF THE RICHEST PEOPLE IN THIS ENTIRE CITY! I SHOULDNT HAVE TO LIVE LIKE THIS! BARELY ENOUGH FOOD TO FEED A MOUSE, BARELY ANY ELECTRICITY, CHEAP SHIT EVERYWHERE! I DESERVE MORE, JUST BECAUSE THE TWO OF YOU CANT GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!” I scoffed and starred at her disgustedly. “What are you looking at?!” I shook my head, “I don't know....i mean, I use to know this girl. Her name was Alex. She looked just like you....its crazy. But, my Alex was intelligent, kind and willing to learn and help. Willing to change her bitchy and blind ways. But who’s standing in front of me, your not her. Your nothing like my Lex.” She rolled her eyes. “Whatever, Sam. I don't need this shit. I can just call my dad and he'll welcome me back with open arms.” I grimaced.
“Don't you mean he'll welcome you with a punch in the face, rape and THEN hug?” her face turned red and slapped her hand across my face. I hissed in pain, I grabbed my face in my hands. “Just go. Run back to your daddy.” She walked away and grabbed a random jacket off the hook by the door, “Gladly.” She growled and slammed the door behind her so hard the walls shook. I kicked a chair in frustration, then slid to the floor. Sitting in with my head in my hands.
What I thinking trying to change a rich bitch to a real person, ill never know.