Status: Its finished, and its total crap, i know.

Common People

chapter ten

It was a month later. Rain turned to sun, and things seemed to be getting better for me and Kar. I got a job at the library, and she got a job at a local boutique. Karen even started dating a guy who seems really nice, and I was happy for her. I....on the other hand...my heart still belonged to the girl who asked me to teach her to be common. The girl that laughed at my attitude and had a temper. But id excepted that she wasn't who I thought she was.
The night she left, Karen came home to find me sitting on the floor in the kitchen, crying. Crying because id lost the girl I cared about most. I hadn't been dating her, but she'd told me she loved me. And I hadn't allowed the feelings I obviously had for her come to the surface until then. Id cried in Karen’s arms until I fell asleep. But in the morning everything had changed. Lex was no more. She was just the rich girl id known in high school. Her different boyfriends beating the crap out of me, the girl who hadn't even remembered who I was. The girl who didn't even know how to wash a dish, let alone take care of herself. Be strong for herself and others. Some things never change. Some people never understand. Its just how it goes in life.