Status: Its finished, and its total crap, i know.

Common People

chapter eleven

After working my shift at the library, I picked up my check. Pay day, oh beautiful pay day. I smiled. My phone went off and I tripped on the the front steps of the library, “Jesus, what do you want Kar?” I asked once I righted myself and answered the phone. “Haha, sorry brother figure. I need you to pick up groceries.” I made a face, “Don't make that face, young man.” I laughed into the phone, “How did you know I was making a face?!” “I know you.” an obvious smile in her voice and I laughed some more. “Alright, Ill see you later, sister figure.” Then I hung up. And started walking towards the grocery store.

Walking into the building was like walking into a memory. But I tried to keep my mind at bay, and not think about Alex. Even though I did daily. It was hard not to. I walked down the isles, the familiar sticky floor threatening to trap my shopping cart and feet in place. Throwing some boxes of crackers in the cart, then some milk, a block of cheese. Walking down the chip isle I grabbed a bag of Cheetos. Down the isle further. Against my better judgment I threw a box of Alex's favorite cookies into the cart. I was done, kind of, so I made my way up to the register. I stacked all of the items onto the counter for the worker to scan and made my way up to the register. Facing the worker, my breathe hitched in my throat. A short girl in a store clerks smock with black hair and black eyes starred back at me. We both stood their for a long time, just starring at each other with shocked faces.
“Hello Lex.
“Hi Sammie.”

THE END