Status: Its finished, and its total crap, i know.

Common People

chapter one

I woke up with a killer headache. Groaning and moaning, I stumbled out of bed and down the hall to my small kitchen.
“Morning, you piece of crap!” Karen, my lovely little sister shouted. “Oh shut up Kar!” i snapped and she put her hands up in a “Woah there” sign.
i poured a cup of black coffee and sipped at it as Kar squinted up at me. “What do you want?!” i was feeling grouchy, and at such an early hour too. “Oh nothing,”
I rolled my eyes and slumped into the chair next to her. “You know I hate how much you drink. Not only is it disgusting, your always so crabby and unlikeable in the morning....actually, Im beginning to think that's just your norm.” i frowned, and tried my hardest not to toss the coffee out of my mug and into her face. “Whatever.” I grumbled and threw down the rest of my coffee, and slouched my way to my room to pull on a pair of gray jeans and a black t shirt.
Coming down the hall, half empty wallet in hand and jacket thrown over my shoulder, I approached Karen once more. “I don't know if ill be home for dinner.” She mumbled something I couldn't make out but sounded like it started with “Whats new...”. “And you wonder why no one loves you, whilst you walk around in clothes like that.” Karen spoke up, critiquing my apparel. “Bite me.” She made a viscous biting motion with her teeth, I laughed lightly and walked swiftly out the door.
Cars were already rushing through the wet streets, even though it was barely eight in the morning. I haled a taxi.

I tried to focus on my job at hand, but I was tired as all get out and just wanted to fall onto the table I was cleaning and sleep for a thousand hours. Ever since I bought my small apartment and Karen had moved in with me, I had been working a job at a fancy as hell restraunt. I hated the place though. Only rich people came in to dine...and almost one hundred percent of the time, they glared and talked trash about me as I bussed tables and walked to and from the kitchen. I did the dishes, I took care of the trash and cleaned in the kitchen area, as well as the entire restraunt. And I hated every bit of it. Oh the things people do to keep their homes.
A woman, obviously passed her forties, approached me and I tried my hardest to smile at her. Mrs. Shandez, my bosses wife, was a kind hearted woman. But one of the most unintelligible. And I could bet my entire pay check that if you asked her why she wasn’t too bright, she would answer “I have enough money, I don't need to know things, dear.”. “Hello, darling boy. Listen, a little girl threw up at the back table, mind cleaning it up?” I inwardly started to weep, but smirked and replied “Ill get on it right away.” She grinned at me, pleased with the answer she got. I knew how to make the bosses happy. Id learned the first week I worked here, all the tricks to the game. I knew how to win them over. “Oh and by the way!” She chirped excitedly as she turned back to me. She was so close to walking away....i was so close to not having to be pleasant towards her....i held in a sigh of disappointment. “My daughter, Alex, will be here tomorrow! Your new...assistant, if you will. And you are to teach her everything you know! Me and Mr. Shandez want her to start working here.” Don't ask me why these people wanted their daughter to learn how to clean up throw up and all kind of messes amongst other things, they were as rich as it gets. And that meant that girl had never touched a sponge in her life....this time I did sigh. “Yes, I remember, ma'am.” She grinned and pranced away.

After work I shuffled off to my apartment. “KAREN.” I called/yelled, and she came out of her room drowsily. “How may I be of service to you, jackass.” she yawned and I smirked at her. Even though we act this way towards each other, I still loved this girl....for some unknown reason.... “Did you remember my vodka?” I asked and she glared at me while picking up a bag from the floor and placing it my hand. “Now go skrew yourself up so you can have a hangover tomorrow and give me hell until you crawl your way back to Le workplace, idiot.” I unscrewed the bottle, and took a swig. “Whatever, whore.” she disappeared behind her door, and immediately the need to become numb overcame me. The bottle was chugged dry as soon as it hit my lips.