Status: Its finished, and its total crap, i know.

Common People

chapter two

It was early, and I was putting the restraunt chairs down from the tables.
I went round to the fifth table, and right as I was putting down the first chair a girl came through the door, and somehow I manage to hit myself in the face with a chair leg. “Damn klutz.” She muttered with a smirk. I glared.
Mrs. Shandez came through the door behind the girl, and I remembered what day it was suddenly. “I have to train that?!” I said to Mrs. Shandez while pointing in the direction of the girl. “Yes..” She said like it was obvious. I turned around towards the girl. She was short, perhaps 5' 4”, but petite. Long black hair that reached her curvy hips, streaked with all different shades of blues and greens and purples. She turned away from the window she'd been looking out and smirked at me again. Her eyes were so dark they could have been black. Attractive, but not my type.
“If all your going to do today is stare at me like im from a different universe, then this training thing might not be so bad.” I rolled my eyes and forced myself to look away. Picking up another chair and dropping it in its appropriate place. When I was finished with table five, I turned towards her once more. I held my hand out towards her and said, “Sam.”. She delicately placed her hand in mine and shook it once. “Lex.” I nodded, and motioned for her to follow me.
We walked into the kitchen, I picked up six vases of flowers in my hands and arms, and motioned for her to do the same. She furrowed her brows, but started to pick them up. We both walked out of the kitchen doors and towards the table, me carrying six vases and her carrying three. We placed them on tables and I continued to show her how to ready the place for customers.

It was a little past ten, the last customers made their way out the door and I quickly locked the doors. I made my way to the kitchen were id left Lex at the sink. I had given her a sponge and told her to start on the dishes. Even though I was pretty positive she wouldn't know how. And I made that quite clear.
She stood at the sink, long hair up in a messy bun, she was “washing” a plate but it slipped from her grasp and shattered in the sink. And that hadn't been the first one, that much was obvious as I looked in the sink. Shaking my head, I took the sponge from her. “Just go home.” She looked a little angry for some reason. “But...im suppose to learn how to do the things you do!” I picked up a bowl and began to scrub it lightly. “Fine, then stay and watch if it'll make you pleased with yourself.” So that's what she did.

When I was finally finished cleaning the place, I took a seat out back. Lex followed me out and sat next to me on the nicer chair out of the two. “So how did I do?” She asked, and i rolled my eyes. “Awful.” She was disappointed, you could tell by the way her frame slouched and it was like she wilted. A dark, rich flower wilted in front of me. “But I don't think anyone expected differently, it is your first day after all.” I didn't know why I said that, since it didn't make sense. It was an easy job. My first day had gone way differently then hers. I had actually picked up the cleaning routine, and I did well.
She made an exasperated noise and stood up angrily. “What crawled up your butt.” I murmured. She glared my way, but it soon softened. “I cant believe this. They were all right! I cant do this. All ill ever be is some rich girl that everyone uses!” My mind went a little blank....like, what the hell.... “Mind telling me exactly what your going on about?” She turned towards me and moved to sit next to me once more. “A week ago I decided to be normal.” I looked at her, confused. “Your common, Sam. You lived the common and normal life for this day and age. You live in an apartment, you struggle to pay the bills, you probably got bullied when you were younger. You are able to get a job and keep it, because that's pretty much how you were raised! You were taught to take care of yourself. You grew with the knowledge that the way to live is to have a good paying job and to have a home and food. Clothing on your back, a safe place to sleep. I come from an entirely different life. When I was younger I wore designer dresses to school, never cleaned a thing. Never got bullied, and had tons of friends. I had the money, I had the people. I live in a giant Victorian era house. Ive never seen a bill in my life, much less pay one! I know what its like to be taken complete care of.” I nodded along, and found it a little weird how much she knew. I was bullied. And I did live in an apartment, and I did think that way.
“That's why I got a job here. My mother didn't understand any of what I said. She didn't understand that what I wanted was to be poor....to be like you.” I nodded once more. “But my father got it right away. He told me about you, said you were just what I was wanting to learn to be. He said that he would give me this job. He told that you will teach me how to do it well, and hopefully ill begin to learn what its like,” I laughed and she looked at me weirdly. “but obviously it isn’t going too swell.” I was still laughing, “Obviously!” my laughter died out, and I got an idea. Why are you even considering this?! I thought to myself. But it felt right....felt like I should help her. Shes so clueless to the world as others see it, perhaps I could be the one to teach her what its like. What its like to have your life and the things in it come from you, not your daddy's bank account. “If I gave you an offer, would you take it?” She eyed me suspiciously. “Depends on what kind of offer that may be..” I smiled at her. “I can teach you. But you'll have to do as I say. I wont feed you lies.” her eyes got big and hopeful at my words. “Oh and, daddy's business is not a good place to start learning 'Common People's life.” She nodded. “Ill do what you say! I just...i want to learn.” I nodded, “Okay well, follow me.” I say, standing up. “What? We start now?” She says and stands with me. “Yes. We start now.”

I shook my head at her thumb that pointed to her expensive car. I wrapped my hand around her arm, and haled a cab. I laughed at her scrunched nose. “I hope your nose sticks that way some day.” she wasn’t too amused.
When we got to our location, Lex couldn't have looked more confused. “A grocery store?” I smiled and nodded. We walked up to the front door and stepped in. The lights were dim and the floor was grimy. She swallowed loudly as she took in the scene and people standing before her, and I smirked. I led her to the milk and dairy products section. “Okay, this is the beginning.” she nodded. “Act like you have no money.” She scoffed and laughed. People around us looked over at us through squinted eyes, we had broken the silence. “That's ridiculous!” I shook my head and began to walk away from her. “Sam!” she scurried after me and I turned to look at her harshly. “Do what I say, or give it up and quite your job at the restraunt. You'll never understand unless you learn and that means doing as I say, not laughing because you think this is so “ridiculous”.” She frowned up at me. “And frankly, everyone hates a tourist.” She cocked her head side ways confused and I rolled my eyes. “Okay! Ill do it!” she said as I prepared to turn around, she grabbed my hand and held it. “But...how am I suppose to do that?” I held my other hand out. “Wallet. Give it to me.” She slowly gave me her wallet. “If you steal anything from me, ill find you.” I shrugged and dropped her hand to opened it. I took out a ten dollar bill and handed it to her, then stuffed the wallet in the butt pocket of my jeans.
“Now pick some things you think are essential.” We wandered the store. She found a box of her favorite cookies and I took them and threw them. She glared at me. This was already getting hard, and we just got here.