Status: Its finished, and its total crap, i know.

Common People

chapter three

When we finally gave up on the grocery shopping experience we got another cab.
“So whats next?” She asked excitedly, taking my hand in hers again. I looked at her like shes crazy, but thought about it for a minute. “Well there's those obvious things that separate your life style from mine.” she gave me a look that told me to keep going. “Well, for starters, common people don't live in giant mansions and crap like that. So....id say get a hotel room or stay at my place until you find an apartment.” She bit her lip and nodded. “May I stay at your place? I wont be a bother, I promise.” she gave me her best and biggest smile and I just nodded. “And what else is there to do?” I thought for a second. “Obviously, get a job. You technically already have one. But....get your parents to except you as a normal employee, not their daughter. At least during work.” She nodded. “And for now, that should be enough. Well all this and no fancy car.” that made her a little angry and she took her hand out of mine, but as we neared my apartment she calmed down and slipped her hand in mine once more. Not that I wanted her too, but for some reason she didn't really care what I thought.

“So your telling me.....that your a rich spoiled rotten brat that my twat of a brother OFFERED to help out?” Lex nodded cautiously. “Unbelievable.” Karen was still trying to understand why I had some strange girl in the apartment and on the couch. “So....your not paying him to do it?” Shake of the head. “He has no obligation to do this once so ever?” Another shake of the head. “Unbelievable.” Running out of patience I snapped, “KAR GET THE HELL TO YOUR ROOM ALREADY!” She quickly shuffled to her room without another word. I grimaced, I hated yelling at her. I always had ever since we were younger and I was the one who had to punish her for wrong-doings. And every word spoken loudly at her made me feel like such a monster.
“Im sorry!” I got out right as she slammed her door. Sighing, I turned back to Lex. “So um, yeah you'll be sleeping here on the couch and there's probably food in the fridge. Unless Kar forgot to go grocery shopping. Then in that case, might have to wait to eat until morning.” she swallowed loudly and nodded. “Okay, um, do you have....” she motioned towards her clothing. “Oh yeah! Come with me...” I led her to my room and quickly found her a clean shirt “Do you care about wearing a pair of my boxers?” “Nah.” she said and I handed her a blue Of Mice and Men shirt and a pair of black boxers. We exchanged “Goodnight”s and she left the room to change and go to sleep. I closed my door and stripped down to my boxers and climbed into bed, quickly falling asleep before I could notice I hadn't taken a single drink all night. First night to sleep a wink without passing out, drunk first.

Sometime later I woke to my door opening. My eyes flew open and my hand flew across my nightstand and switched my lamp on. “Lex? What you doing up? And in my room?” She came over and sat at the edge of my bed, “Im sorry to wake you, its just....i have not been able to fall asleep. And im just.....im just not use to...not being in my own bed....” she sounded young and scared, I felt bad for the girl. Holding my covers open for her I whispered, “Come on, climb in.” She smiled brightly and I turned off the lamp as she crawled into my bed. Attaching herself to my side she let out a breathe that tickled my neck. I sighed, and listened to her even breathing in and out until I fell asleep once more.