Status: Spotty

The Sun Always Sets in Paradise

Chapter Thirty::

I laid comfortable in Max's arms on the couch. We were watching 12 Angry Men for our English class. Mr. Rook wanted us to take a break from reading and write a paper concerning the argument and how they achieve the unanimous decision.

I will admit, it was interesting. Yet, with Max's fingers lazily tracing random patterns on my thinly covered side, it became fairly difficult to stay focused. My tank top twisted slightly as I turned so that my gaze was diverted to his strong face.

Max stared fixedly at the television; ignoring my curious stare. I took the time to memorize, as well as admire, his handsome face. His thick, dark eyelashes accentuated the beautiful stormy gray eyes. His sharp cheekbones, smooth forehead, and nearly straight nose was covered with seemingly unblemished skin. That was, until I looked closer.

I saw a faint scar line that curved in the shape of a perfect crescent at the bridge of his nose. The was another scar, a bit larger, along his hairline near the left temple.

"Babe?" I inquired, hesitant to use a pet-name.

Max slowly turned his penetrating gaze towards me. My cheeks flamed in embarrassment. I shouldn't have even considered an act so... predictably cheesy.

"Sorry, I meant Max." I whispered quickly before resting my cheek on his chest.

"Damn, you look gorgeous when you blush," he whispered, "babe."

I was unable to contain the smile that tugged at my lips. I looked back at Max and brought my hand up to brush my fingers against his jaw. He gently covered my hand with his warm one.

My heart clenched at just the sight of the unfathomable expression on his face. The two weeks that we had become... something... were without words. Or else, it felt that way. Max had been undeniably patient with the occasional 'no-touch rule' but it was plainly obvious to me that he was very affection. Whether it be physical or not.

He may have seemed like a cold, heartless guy who refused to even acknowledge another's presence to a stranger but being even in the same room with me made him content.

It felt like he savored every second spent with me.

"I'm going to hang out with Drake and Ellie tomorrow. Okay?"

Max nodded slightly.

I still missed my childhood friend even though Drake, Ellie, and I had been spending time with one another every so often in the two weeks since our trip to the ice cream shop. My attention, however, was fairly divided between Max, school, and my two friends.

Max recaptured my attention when his hand began to glide down my arm to my shoulder and then to my side. My skin on my arm heated at his touch when suddenly my scalp seemed to tingle in alarm.

I swallowed hard. I hated feeling this way. I quickly pulled myself up and attacked Max's mouth with my own. He responded, as I assumed, and met my panicked passion just as fiercely.

I pulled away from Max just as quickly as I had practically attacked him. We were both breathless even though the kiss had lasted for a short moment. I gently laid another kiss on Max's lips before crawling off him and heading to the kitchen.

Max silently followed my trek to the fridge.

"Hungry?" I absentmindedly inquired, while I gazed into the nearly empty fridge.

Max encircled my waist in his arms and pulled me against him. "Net." No.

I understood that word in Russian, being that Max was comfortable teaching me a little. He never gave me a reason why but only a little Russian is what he'll teach me.

"No?" I repeated.

His lips brushed softly against my collarbone. "No." He whispered.

Shivers rippled up ad down my spin in peer pleasure to Max's gentle kisses and touches. My back was still to him as he skimmed his nose up the side of my face before stopping at my temple.

"My tease." He whispered again before placing a soft kiss on my temple.

I sucked in a shuttering breath. Max pulled away from me and walked back to the living room. However, I was frozen to the spot.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short.

Time frame of story: End of January, early February

Desiree's lounge
Max's Lounge