Status: Spotty

The Sun Always Sets in Paradise

Chapter Thirty-Two:: What. The. ***.

Max caressed my cheek gently before leaving me. I watched him drive away in sorrowful bliss. I didn't think that it was possible to feel that way but it made sense. I was in bliss because, although unexpectedly, Max stated that he loved me. However, sorrow constricted my heart due to the fact that I hardcore believed it was all a lie.

I turned around to open the door and walked into the house to place my belongings in the hallway. I stood there, slightly in shock, as horrid memories tried o rampage through my feeble mind. I dug my sharp nails into the fleshy palms of my hands. i tried to force them back but they were relentless.

The smell of Haden seemed to wreath around me as my flesh prickled at the memories of his rough hands on my on my body. I gagged. However, my throat constricted with forceful sobs. I tried to hold them back.

I was falling apart. The memories mercilessly pervaded and my will wasn't strong enough to halt the flow. I dropped to my knees. The cold air blew around me in force. It woke me up a bit.

I hugged my torso tightly as I forced my legs to pick me up. I took a deep, shuttering breath. "Keep it together," I whispered to myself through gritted teeth.

I locked the door behind me when I exited the house. My palms stung as I headed out to the car like nothing ever happened.

*^*^*^*^*

Momma Kelly received me with open arms when I walked into the house; which smelled of something delicious. My mouth involuntarily watered even though I wasn't anywhere near being hungry.

I baked pies and made these Mint chocolate no-bake cookies with Kelly by the time Ellie and Drake arrived back home. Their faces were rosy from being wind burnt and they both smelled like a cattle farm.

Drake didn't seem to notice how bad he stunk when he came over, still dressed in carhartt bibs and boots, and enveloped me in a crushing hug. There was chocolate currently all over my fingers so I was careful to avoid smearing it everywhere. It was pretty difficult, though. I mean, I really wasn't expecting Drake to come hug me.

"Hey bud." I greeted when he pulled away.

"Ya cookin' lots?" He smirked when I wrinkled my nose at him.

"Yes but you need to take a shower. Your stink is covering up the delicious smells."

Drake raised his eyebrows at me in a challenging manner. I returned the gesture with a smile.

"You two should get married." Kelly suddenly commented.

I turned around in shock. What in the hell did she just say?!

"Uh, you been hangin' with yer buddy Jack, Momma?" Drake asked from behind me.

"No. Just stating my opinion." She told him with a rather sneaky look to her face.

I shook my head in slight annoyance. "You've been keeping this opinion in your head since we were really young." I told her.

Kelly just shrugged her shoulders and went to check the pies that were in the oven. "Sylvia said she might visit in the next few weeks."

Ellie walked into the room when her mother said that and instantly started freaking out. "Seriously? I have missed her so much! Did she give you an exact date? Mom! Don't shake your head at me! Did she!?"

I slowly crept away from the overly excited room to find my escape near the front door. I contemplated pulling on my shoes and walking home. That was, until, Drake stepped into the entryway.

"Ya' leavin'?"

I looked at him for a moment then said, "Maybe. I'm tired and just kind of want to be alone."

Drake looked hurt when I said that but his expression became neutral immediately. "I could give ya a lift, if ya'd like it."

"Sure." I murmured after a hesitant pause.

*^*^*^*^*

The drive was seemingly short. And tense. I had no idea why but it felt like Drake wanted to say something but held back. Again, I had no idea.

Yet, when I was starting to exit the car, Drake immediately got out and walked me to the door. I didn't mind so much until he grabbed me and crushed his lips to mine. I was incredibly surpried that he was able to pull away before I could even push him off.

I gaped at him as he practically ran to the car and sped off.

What. The. Fuck?

I blinked several times before I gained my equilibrium and proceeded to enter the house. I walked to my room in a daze. My thoughts were whirling too fast for me to pinpoint one and focus on it. Still.

What. The. Fuck.

I sighed deeply before stripping down to my underwear in the dark. While crawling into bed, I retrieved my iPod from the floor. After I curled up underneath the covers, I used music to block out everything.
There was so much that I had to analyze if i really thought about it. What just happened tonight was a prime example. What happened earlier with max was an even better example.

Oh, fuck me.

I turned my music up louder. I let it be my escape.

After what felt like five minutes of listening to music, which was really 20 minutes or so, I could hear my phone ringing between the pause of songs. I contemplated answering the treacherous thing but ignored it.

It was dark out. I had full reason for being in bed. Until I looked at my bedside clock and saw that it was only six o'clock. "Fuckin' really?" I muttered in agitation.

My phone was ringing again so I harshly yanked out my earbuds and climbed out of bed.

It was somewhere in my pants. I think. Never mind, I found it partially under my bed.

Egg Donor flashed across my screen.

I opened the call and pressed my speaker against my ear. "Hello?"

"Where the fuck are you?" She slurred.

"Where the fuck are you?" I retorted.

"At my boss's having a drink. He's having this small mixer and I want you here."

"No."

"You get your ass here or I'm fucking kicking your ass out and cancelling your phone, credit card, and everything!"

Oo, so fucking scary. I wanted to say but instead I replied, "I'm really sick. I was throwing up all day."

"Whatever."

Then she hung up.

More fucking issues that I don't want to deal with. With a heavy sigh, I fell back onto my bed in exasperation. I began listing off the reasons why I assumed that my mother showed such malice towards me.

One, I looked like my dad. Two, I was supposedly a mistake but forced to be kept. Three, I was the perfect verbal punching bag for all of her frustrations. In which, I assumed most of the frustrations were centered around a lack of a sex life. Than again, i could be wrong and this egg donor was just a plain, cold-hearted bitch.

I groaned before searching blindly for my iPod once again. Once retrieve, my damn phone rang again.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" I practically screamed to myself.

Where in the hell was all this anger coming from?

I didn't even bother to check who it was before I answered in a fairly aggravated tone, "How may I help you?"

"Babe, calm down. It's Ellie." Ellie replied in shock.

"Sorry Ellie, I just want to sleep." I whined. "And my mom is being a bitch again."

"Oh Jeez, what now?"

"Doesn't matter. What do you need?"

"Your body on a gold platter."

I chuckled, only slightly humored. "All yours baby!"

"No, but seriously, I was just checking up on you."

"And I'm fine." I told her suspiciously.

"Alright, that's all I wanted."

"Liar."

"Damn.." She muttered, "Okay, Drake was all quiet when he got back from dropping you off and I wanted to know if anything happened."

I contemplated on telling her what happened but I hadn't even figured that out yet. "Ask him." I replied curtly.

Ellie hesitated for a moment but finally told me that she would and bid me good night.

I hung up, only wanting sleep to overtake my poor, stressed mind. But no. It now evaded me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Holy crap this was hard to write and I don't even know why!!

GOOD SONG
EQUALLY GOOD SONG