Status: Spotty

The Sun Always Sets in Paradise

Chapter Thirty-Three::

Music blared through my speakers as I applied mascara to my lashes. I softly sang along with Hollywood Undead, one of my favorite bands. I loved the fact that my taste in music was so vast.

After I finished my make-up, I tousled my curly hair to give it an even more wild look. Damn! I'm looking pretty fucking fine.

I continued to do petty things in the bathroom until my phone vibrated in my pocket. Turning up the music, I opened the text from Ellie.

Bitch! School is having this trip before the end of yr. to Europe. Some rich fucker is funding half of it for 20 lucky winners for senior and junior. WE ARE SIGNING UP FIRST THING MONDAY.

I smirked as I replied to her that we would have to sign up thirty times to get it.

I didn't get a chance to reply to her most recent text because Max called me. "Hello?" I answered as I turned down the music

"I'm in your house." He replied softly.

"And I'm in the bathroom." I told him in a similar tone.

I opened the door when I heard a soft knock. Maxim stood there in all his glory with his phone held up to his ear. Slowly, I hung up on him and tucked my own phone in my pocket.

I swear, I'll never get over the way his presence makes me feel.

A smile tugged at his lips as he looked at me. "So that's where my hoodie went."

I shrugged my shoulders with a sly smile. "In my defense, you left it here."

Max walked towards me and lazily wrapped his arms around my waist. "Oh, really?"

"Mhmm." I hummed before leaning up to gently kiss him.

Max smiled, nice and broad. "You ready for the date?"

"Are you going to tell me where and what we are doing?" I casually cast a mischievous smile up at him.

"Funny."

I pouted but nonetheless, I began pushing Max out of the bathroom so that we could begin leaving.

*^*^*^*^*

The February air had been fairly balmy compared to what it had been the last few days. I had no use for the jacket I had brought along, especially when we were sitting out at a rock crevice not too far out of town.

Max had brought me there after we had a late lunch together. In which, he had refused to let me pay...

During the time out in the outskirts of the woods. Max and I had talked about what felt like everything but I was only too aware of how little it really was. It basically was mindless chatter that sufficed the social need.

Max, however, held me close when the talking had ceased. With me tucked securely against his side, he made me feel like I was important. And yet, there was this feeling I had that made me think that he felt like I was going to leave soon. Vanish from sight...

"I'm not going anywhere." I murmured after A while.

"Hm?" Max looked down at me in confusion.

"I feel like you think I'm going to leave."

"No, babe. I know you'd never leave me voluntarily." He whispered just quiet enough where I almost didn't catch all of what he said.

"What do you mean?"

Maxim sighed, "My love, I apologize. I had assumed that you would know that..." He sighed again; heavier this time. "You are at high risk with me. Or unassumingly so being that my uncle, so to say, forcefully met you. I don't mean to frighten you! Oh no, I-well," Max pinched the bridge of his nose as I stared at him with wide eyes, "that earlier comment was foolish and inconsiderate of me. I'm sorry."

I struggled to find my voice for a mere moment so in that time of silence, I pulled myself closer to Max and wrapped my arms around his waist. Max returned the gesture.

"On a completely unrelated note, I want you to meet my parents." He murmured with dry humor

"Okay, when?"

"Now."

"Um, okay?"
♠ ♠ ♠
[url=]Her outfit[/url]
It's short.
Yes I know.
Chapter 45-50 may be my limit space.
Planning on a sequel.
Maybe not.
Then again, You all would more than likely hunt me down if I planned to completely end it where I was going to.
Sad.
Still in my funky mood.
Chapter may seem 'blah'.
Loving the new HU CD. --> Check me out!
Still loving the last one. --> Check me out too