Status: Spotty

The Sun Always Sets in Paradise

Chapter Thirty-Eight:: Tell Me to Stop

Panic swarmed it's way through my body and attempted to invade my mind. I resisted, trying to give Max the benefit of the doubt instead of giving into paranoia.

"Desiree," Max began solemnly, "whatever this is that we have needs to stop. It's over. We, uh... we need to be done. "

The world felt like it fell away from me. Max suddenly seemed so far away.

I remained mute as I stared at him. The tears, however, did not stay back like my voice did. They fell silently down my cheeks of their own accord.

Max still had the same expression while he looked down on me. His eyes were steely grey and emotionless. This was not the Max that I had come to know.

My actions were not my own as I let my towel drop from my naked body. Max kept his eyes on my face but he was struggling. I could see that. I assumed I was doing this out of anger and spite. Then again, I couldn't really determine what I was feeling at the moment.

My world felt worse than when Haden had raped me. That was physical pain and some emotional turmoil. This, however, is the kind pain where you legitimately feel the aching down to your bones and all the way through your heart. It was ripping me apart on the inside and I knew that it was going to effect me in every way possible.

My limbs felt heavy. I felt like I was going to collapse. Instead, I silently glided passed Max after I grabbed my comb and hairdryer. He followed me on my quick trip to my room. I was tempted to slam the door in his face so I could fall apart in solitude. But I didn't. I let him continue to follow me.

After towel drying my hair with an extra that I had forgotten on my bed with some folded clothes, I blow dried my hair. I remained naked the entire time. Fuck clothes.

Max seemed to ignore me as he leaned against my window frame, staring silently out of it in thought. It didn't feel like he was ignoring me though.

I began applying lotion to my bare skin when I loosely put my hair in a clip. I picked a lotion that Max had said was his favorite smell. I had peeled the label off a long time ago, because of it annoying me, so I wasn't sure what the name of it was. But it had a sweet citrus and vanilla smell to it.

"Being that you are in my house, and a person who I had really loved and cared about, you might as well be useful and put lotion on my back for me." I murmured when I had approached Max's still body.

He looked at me blankly before finally nodding and rolling his sleeves up. I could think of nothing else as his large, warm hands glided over my skin. He rubbed some knots out of back as he applied the lotion, too.

"It puts the lotion on the skin." I muttered the line from 'Joe Dirt' with a soft laugh.

Max chuckled quietly as he must have recalled the moment, just like I had, from the movie we watched a few times in the past.

Max's hands slowly slid over my bare hips onto my stomach. He then pulled me so that my back was flush against his body. His lips whispered kisses against my neck.

I sucked in a shuttering breath though my teeth.

"Tell me to stop." Max whispered in what sounded like agony.

His hands slowly traveled from my stomach to my breasts.

"No." I moaned as his fingers lightly brushed against my puckered nipples.

"Desiree... Baby, please." He groaned.

I spun around ever so slowly. "No..." I whispered as I pressed my lips against his.

He moaned into my mouth. "I need to feel your body against mine. No. No I don't. Oh God, yes I do."

I ripped Max's shirt open, causing a few buttons to fall to the floor. My hands traveled to his shoulders, where I pushed his shirt off to reveal a bare, sculpted torso. Maxim released my hair from the clip.

"We are going to regret this tomorrow." He whispered huskily. "We need to stop."

I looked him straight in the eyes. "I don't care if we regret this tomorrow. I don't care if I hate myself in the morning. Fuck, Max, I don't care if you don't love me anymore. I love you. Even if I was scared to say it before. I really do love you. I want you. I need you. Even if it's just for now, I don't care. It's better than nothing." I told him quietly.

Max stared with this imperceivable look until he finally kissed me. It was slow, sweet, and passionate at the same time. "I'll be gone before you wake up."

"Fine." I replied bitterly.

I slowly unbuckled Max's belt and unzipped his pants. While his pants fell around his ankles. I slipped his boxers off and began caressing his hardened member. He was much bigger than I had initially thought when I would have random fantasies of us together.

Max moaned into my mouth allowing me to slip my tongue into his. I failed in domination and ended up with his tongue in my mouth.

My body hummed as his hands shakily caressed me. Max ended our kiss long enough to breathlessly growl, "Stop. You're going to make me come."

I gently released my hold around his throbbing member at his command and took a small step back. Max kicked away his pants, boxers, and socks to stand in all of his naked glory in front of me. His domineering stance was clouded by the affection in his eyes and facial features. My Max was back but a person would be able to still tell that he was accustomed to being in charge and taking control. However, I knew that he would be sweet and kind to me; that he would be gentle.

"Oh God, I want you." I practically moaned.

Max closed the small distance that had formed inbetween us like a predator stalking prey. "Only for tonight." He whispered.

"As long as it's paradise," I whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bittersweet... Well... I NEED COMMENTS!! I feel like being a comment-whore... But I would really appreciate it if you wonderful people would let me know what you all thought.

Next chapter will be very short... Like incredibly so... yeah.