Status: Spotty

The Sun Always Sets in Paradise

Chapter Forty-One:: Fate is Against Me

I didn't sleep much that night. The lack of Max's body next to mine set my equilibrium off kilter, thus keeping me mostly awake. I did all into a troubled sleep every a couple of time but I would immediately wake up, twenty or so minutes later, crying.

He had to of left my life less than twenty-four hours ago and I already was constantly thinking about him and missing him. If only he really knew the pain I was going through.

I woke up again, but this time I was beginning to hyperventilate. I tried calming my breathing. It was a struggle at first but I managed. The clock read 4:36 in the morning. It was still dark out but my room was lit enough by my docking system. I sat up and was able to see my partially open door.

Still, he didn't walk through. I usually never left my door open but I had done so tonight in hopes of Max walking through. But he still wasn't there.

I fell back onto my bed in exhaustion. Sobs began to rack my body for the umpteenth time that night. My eyes burned... my head hurt... and my heart ached in insurmountable pain.

I managed to finally calm down after a bit and climbed out of bed. I stood there for a moment, wondering what I should do next.

I would run. Not run away but just run, like I have been for the past two weeks or so. Just skip school today. I don't need to go. I won't even stay home.

*^*^*^*^*

I had left my phone at home. Probably really stupid but I didn't care. All I had was my iPod, which was strapped to my bicep. That was all I needed as I began running. The beat rang in my ears as my steps followed a familiar rhythm.

My breath billowed around my face as I began running through town. I didn't pay much attention to the music that was playing. I mainly concentrated on my breathing and my speed.

Once my breathing became labored, I slowed till I was briskly walking.

My mind was lost. Blank. All that I registered was my movements and faintly the music.

*^*^*^*^*

Daylight warmed my face as I continued to walk. I didn't really have an idea of where I was at but I didn't care to think about it. I just continued to walk.

I began to get ready to start running again until I really registered that someone was running towards me. It looked to be another person on a morning run so I brushed it off. I began slowly building up to a run.

The person began to register as someone I knew the closer we got. Then I recognized the faint mark of a scar on the girl's face. Lyobov grinned widely when she saw it was me.

I had nothing against her but she made me think of Max. I had been doing so good on avoiding any thought process involving him.

"Hey, doll!" She loped to a stop.

I turned down my music and did the same to be polite. Again, she did nothing wrong to me, so I have no reason to be unkind to her.

"Hey.." I avoided her eyes for fear that she would see the pain laden in mine.

"Hey, hey, hey... What's wrong?"

I met her gaze in surprise but I quickly repressed it. He didn't tell them. Then again, he probably doesn't hurt like I do so he wouldn't have to hide anything.

"Just too much thoughts going around my mind." I shrugged my shoulders. "Better get back to running." I mumbled before taking off again.

"Desiree!" Lyobov called out, making me stop.

I turned around slightly.

"He's hurting just as much as you are." She said with sad eyes.

Lyobov began running again without another word. I, however, was momentarily frozen to the spot. With a shake of my head, I denied allowing her words to reach my heart or be further dissected in my mind.

No. He did not miss me.

I cranked my iPod back up. But it wasn't enough, so I turned it up further. All I heard was the music. 'Maroon 5' played through my headphones. I wasn't sure what song it was, but I was content to listen to this band for a while.

My chest felt tight and I knew why. But I avoided thinking about it. If I did that, maybe the tightness of my throat would loosen.

It was my luck that it did loosen but, in turn, I began to cry. My vision blurred making it hard to see but my emotions sweeping over me was what really made me stop and stand in place.

My body shook as I struggled to hold it all back. I was falling apart, and I couldn't help but blame it on Max and then myself. I squeezed my eyes shut and clenched my fist. I held back the sobs but the tears were relentless.

"...Come ever and let me embrace you. I know that I am causing you pain too. But remember that if you need to cry, I'm here to wipe your eyes. Tonight before you fall asleep, I run my thumb across your cheek. Cry... Because I'm here to wipe your eyes. I know I made you feel this way. You gotta breathe. We'll be okay. Cry... Because I'm here to wipe your eyes..." This lyrics ran through my headphones to only impact my heart more.

I began running blindly. I rounded the corner of the block and slammed into someone. I fell backwards and painfully landed on my ass. I rapidly wiped the tears from my eyes and met such a familiar grey eyed-gaze that my heart seemed to stop beating.

My breath was caught in my throat and I just stared at him. It's only been one day without Max and suddenly I bump into him? Fate was not on my side.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is an update!! Finally got time :) What do ya think??