Status: Spotty

The Sun Always Sets in Paradise

Chapter Forty-Four::

Ellie had gone home with a guy she had been talking to and pining over for some time. That was okay with me... I think? My mind wasn't really with me. It was, in fact, fairly clouded and spinning horrendously already.

"Max..?" I slurred.

He was gently placing me in the passenger seat of his car. "Yes, my love?"

"My heart misses you." I whispered as clearly as I could possibly manage.

"My heart, it missed you too." He replied just as quietly before placing a soft kiss on my forehead.

I leaned heavily against the cool seat as my head spun in sweet annoyance. I now remembered, vaguely, why I hated getting this intoxicated. I hated the feeling of not being able to concentrate.

*^*^*^*^*

Halfway home, Max had pulled over when I asked him. In which, I basically fell out of the car and began vomiting profusely on the side of the road while on my hands and knees. Thankfully Max was there, because I doubt that I would have been able to effectively clean myself up or possibly even sat up. My body felt so incredibly weak.

Nonetheless, after everything had been expelled from my stomach to the point where I was dry-heaving horribly, my head began to slowly transition from spinning into a steady ache.

"You must begin to 'sober' much quicker." Max commented.

"Yea." I replied hoarsely. "But there is'o much alcohol in m'blood." My mouth felt like it was full of cotton or something; causing my words slurr out. "Will you help me shower?" I asked not thinking.

"Yes." He answered almost too rapidly for me to really comprehend. "I don't want you to hurt yourself."

"Thanks." I replied with extra emphasis on the 's'.

He nodded but I had rolled my head so that I was facing out the window.

"Shut your eyes if you're going to face the window. I don't want you getting sick again."

I hummed my agreeing response and obeyed the command like a sleepy toddler.
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler. Be excited for the next chapter. I think you'll like it.... My heart is sad for my fictional character, Desiree. It's amazing how much a writer can get attached to their characters...

Desiree's party
Ellie's party