Status: Spotty

The Sun Always Sets in Paradise

Chapter Forty-Eight::

I was a natural born fighter. I had a fire in me the burned to be set free. Or so that's what Max had told me. He had been, so to say, training me for a solid two weeks. This meant that there were only two more weeks to till the end of the year trip to Europe.

Nonetheless, three hours after school had been the allotted time for training at the gym. At first, it was simply treacherous. Max definitely had more stamina than me. Unless we were running. I was almost able to outrun him both in distance and time. But he managed to release this last bit of energy that would allow him to last just a bit longer than me. I was getting faster, though. Stronger, too. But my heightening agility helped me to escape easily. This made Max insanely happy.

We not only physically trained, but Max taught me how to conceal myself in plain sight. He told me to always be confident even if I was terrified. This would assist in keeping locals from drawing a curious and suspicious look. Not just that, though, would keep me hidden.

Severe appearance changes would be needed and immediately if something were to happen with the "dark side", as I fondly referred to it. Cutting my hair, dark foundation, baggy clothes, and so on so forth could be easily done, used, and/or "borrowed" from neighboring markets and stores.

I had learned so much in such a short span of time. Yet, that wasn't all that we did. Max would simply hold me every chance he got. Many times, though, we did have sexual interaction that felt like heaven. But still. Max would always be watching me. Studying me. Holding me. Kissing me. I felt like he thought he was going to lose me in the next moment to never see me again.

More than once, I told him that I wasn't going anywhere. He would simply give me a sorrowful smile or whisper 'I know'. Other times, we wouldn't respond at all. Just kiss me softly on the lips and lightly touch my face.

It terrified me, to be honest. It still does terrify me. I felt like he knew something that I didn't. But Max would never admit to any secrets. Every time I'd inquire, he'd tell me that he wouldn't keep things from me unless I truly didn't need to know it or whatever it was going through his mind. So what fact am I missing?
♠ ♠ ♠
It's almost the end. Just a head's up. Might made it to chapter 55.