Status: Complete!

Our Love Is Real

Never Want To Leave This Bed

Tyler and I have been home for three weeks with the babies, and things seem surprisingly calm so far. We have a really good routine, and the babies sleep well through the night. That does not mean that Tyler and I aren't exhausted, having four kids is a lot of work. Tyler and I have been discussing our future lately. Mostly if we want to have more kids or not. We both aren't sure at this point, we obviously wouldn't have kids soon though.

I got up from the couch when I heard the babies crying. Tyler, Riley, Carter, and I were watching a movie. I went into the nursery and decided to feed the babies. I picked up Ashton first and sat down in the rocking chair. While I was feeding her the phone rang.

"Tyler, can you get that? I am feeding them." I heard the movie pause and the phone stopped ringing. I finished feeding Ashton and I set her back in her crib. As I was going to pick up Issac when Tyler walked into the room.

"Who was on the phone?" I asked while I turned around. Tyler stepped in the room but remained silent.

"Quinn, you should sit down." Tyler said while gesturing to the rocking chair. I felt sick to my stomach. Something terrible must have happened, because Tyler never acts like this.

"Tyler, did you get traded?" I asked while taking a shaky breathe and sitting down on the rocking chair.

"No, I didn't babe." I took a deep breathe thinking the worst was over. "Quinn, your mom is in the hospital. She has stage four breast cancer, but the thing is, um it is so developed, and they don't think she is going to make it."

The tears flowed from my eyes. My mom was always so healthy. I never thought anything like this would ever happen to her. "Tyler, I have to go see her." I rose from the chair and started walking out of the room.

"I know babe. I called Miranda, you can't go alone but I don't want the kids to see her like this." Tyler said walking right behind me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hi dad." I said entering the hospital room. My breathe caught in my throat. My mom was hooked up to so many machines hooked up to her, she wasn't even breathing on her own.

"Hey Quinn." He said getting up to give me a hug. "She just passed out and she hasn't been awake since." I started crying again, I cannot live without my mom.

"Is she going to die dad?" I asked him. I pulled back from the hug to look into his eyes.

"When they unhook her from these machines, she will." I broke down again. I felt Tyler wrap his arms around me at one point.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tyler and I came back from the hospital the next day. They had unhooked my mother this morning. I never thought that at twenty-six years old, I would be holding my mothers hand when she passed away. I felt numb, all I wanted to do was to lie in my bed. I walked in to the house and was attacked with hugs. There was a chorus of 'I'm sorry mommy'. I gave Carter and Riley a hug and I went up the stairs. I went into my bed and pulled the covers over my head.

"Quinn, do you need anything?" Tyler asked.

"No, I just want to be alone." And with that, I was all alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Editing is shitty, because I am freezing cold. The furnace in my house is broken and it's 30 below outside. Enjoy