Two Part Harmony

Past

6 years ago

The Coffee House was packed tonight and I was over excited to perform my new song for them. I got up on stage, sat on the stool and made myself comfortable. I sang my song that I titled Lost in Love. It went a little like this:

Now here I am again
Doing things I can’t explain
Tripping all over the place
Not caring that I’m in pain
Having you by my side is just enough
Because I think I am lost in love…


When I got to the back after finishing my set some guy with a very nice looking suit came up to me and introduced himself as Maxwell Jones. Apparently he was there to sign me a record deal, but I kindly denied it. I am not a big fan of fame mainly because it changes the kind of person you are and I like who I am. He started to walk off, but something occurred to me, so I ran to catch up with him.

“Excuse me Mr. Jones, but I think you should stay for the next act.” Of course Ryan was up next and he wanted to be known more than anything.

“I’m sorry I can’t…” I know I was being rude, but I had to cut him off.

“Trust me sir you will not be disappointed at all. He is very talented and you will love him.” I ended with a smile, but he walked away.

Once Ryan was done I waited for him to come to the back, but he was taking a bit longer than he usually does. I couldn’t think of a reason for him to take this long. When he walked through the threshold he had the biggest smile I have ever seen on his face. He ran up to me, lifted me into the air and as he brought me back down he gave me a passionate kiss. “Some guy just offered me a record deal! Can you believe out of all the performers he chose me?”

“Of course I can you are amazing.” He gave me another kiss, but this time it was more like a peck. I don’t know why I didn’t tell him that it was me who he originally wanted and I had to convince him to stay to listen to him. I didn’t want to ruin the mood I guess.